Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game off!

20 posts in this topic

... sorry, guess you wanted the news not the weather. 

On to Brighouse Town then...promotion play offs...only £8 in...

This is pretty rubbish and a disappointing crowd under the circumstances

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Aye seeing as there's 10 000 Shaymen there.

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Closer to 10 even including the Pliny Harris gang

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Under what circumstances?

Brighouse had a lot of injuries mainly in defence. Thought the keeper had a bit of a mare but Stamford had the art of play acting off to a tee. Good comeback by brighouse.

41 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Under what circumstances?

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Circumstances that our late postponement should have added at least 200 at Brighouse

10 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Circumstances that our late postponement should have added at least 200 at Brighouse

Why 'should' it? Brighouse would hope it would. I know alot of people who either went home or into pubs in town rather than venture to brighouse 

19 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Brighouse had a lot of injuries mainly in defence. Thought the keeper had a bit of a mare but Stamford had the art of play acting off to a tee. Good comeback by brighouse.

The Stamford goalie turned to us after they went 3–1 up and went, "Things can change quickly..."

We had fun reminding him of those words after the equaliser. :lol: Appalling first half, fantastic second not too different so some of those we put on at that level, with Briggus running at them from the right. Just about the worst goalkeeping I've seen for the home team but I think we got our money's worth in the end.

1 minute ago, Pliny Harris said:

The Stamford goalie turned to us after they went 3–1 up and went, "Things can change quickly..."

We had fun reminding him of those words after the equaliser. :lol: Appalling first half, fantastic second not too different so some of those we put on at that level, with Briggus running at them from the right. Just about the worst goalkeeping I've seen for the home team but I think we got our money's worth in the end.

Stamford were absolute garbage, Brighouse made hard work gaining an undeserved draw . At least the ref regained some control in the second half . Not the best glue league advert

Comedy keeping to be honest Bollox.

20 minutes ago, JRW said:

Comedy keeping to be honest Bollox.

Yes, and I didn't see what happened in the aftermath of the Brighouse penalty . The Brighouse keeper should look at his career options but the Stamford keep was nearly as bad, shouted keeper every time then either fumbled the ball or did an half punch

Linesman in front of the seated stand took some right stick. 
Not the greatest game in terms of the skills on show but you can't complain at 6 goals. 

Their number 11 (the longer of the top knots) wasn't bad. Number 10 was a gobby so and so (and a 'dirty b***ard' according to Adam Jones after one challenge early on).

At least it's only round the corner....

3 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Why 'should' it? Brighouse would hope it would. I know alot of people who either went home or into pubs in town rather than venture to brighouse 

I went to my parents house and had a nice cup of tea. Afterwards, I walked along the Hebble Trail with my boy and played pooh sticks. We then visited the canal and fed the ducks. They love a bit of it. On the way back, we popped into Jenny Dees before having our tea in McDonalds. And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it. 

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

I went to my parents house and had a nice cup of tea. Afterwards, I walked along the Hebble Trail with my boy and played pooh sticks. We then visited the canal and fed the ducks. They love a bit of it. On the way back, we popped into Jenny Dees before having our tea in McDonalds. And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it. 

Park Life!

3 hours ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Linesman in front of the seated stand took some right stick. 
Not the greatest game in terms of the skills on show but you can't complain at 6 goals. 

Their number 11 (the longer of the top knots) wasn't bad. Number 10 was a gobby so and so (and a 'dirty b***ard' according to Adam Jones after one challenge early on).

At least it's only round the corner....

Their number 10 was Jon Challinor, briefly played for Halifax a few years back, he actually looks good for his 38 years

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Their number 10 was Jon Challinor, briefly played for Halifax a few years back, he actually looks good for his 38 years

Made 5 appearances in the 2013/14 season on some kind of dual registration from Stamford.

Here are two pictures of home playing vs Cambridge United (we drew 1-1, Lee Gregory with the Town goal) 

Jon ChallinorMarc Roberts and Jon Challinor

Edited by Shaymen Stats