Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How Many

35 posts in this topic

After reading some of the comments about the club's latest offer of 5 games for £80 it got me thinking. I've read about other clubs doing things like pay what you want days or admission for a pound games or even free entry.

I was wondering how many fans do you think we'd attract if we dropped the admission price to £1 for one game only?

It obviously depends on the team you are playing against. But if we said an average southern team in our league.

My guess, if properly marketed, would be 3500.

Non starter. If you averaged it as fans paying £15 for the game. This accounting for lower prices such as under 16's etc at a 1100 gate would bring in more revenue than 3500 @ £1

3 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Non starter. If you averaged it as fans paying £15 for the game. This accounting for lower prices such as under 16's etc at a 1100 gate would bring in more revenue than 3500 @ £1

It would be a one off game to try and attract new fans down.

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

It would be a one off game to try and attract new fans down.

Always a good idea if promoted much more than a tweet 24 hours before the game!

1 person likes this

It would need a sponsor to offer such a reduction for the club to afford it.

1 person likes this

On 09/03/2019, 12:29:46, rdj said:

It would need a sponsor to offer such a reduction for the club to afford it.

Very good idea. We could make it the (insert sponsor name) Fans Day.

My original idea of £1 entrance was just a throw away figure but perhaps £5 would be a more realistic figure with kids in free with an adult. The club could still try and attract a sponsor to cover possible short fall.

I've also seen in the past where clubs do a pay what you want day. Lots of potential ideas for the club to try.

On 09/03/2019, 10:13:33, Erik Everhard said:

After reading some of the comments about the club's latest offer of 5 games for £80 it got me thinking. I've read about other clubs doing things like pay what you want days or admission for a pound games or even free entry.

I was wondering how many fans do you think we'd attract if we dropped the admission price to £1 for one game only?

It obviously depends on the team you are playing against. But if we said an average southern team in our league.

My guess, if properly marketed, would be 3500.

Tight arsed West Yorkshire People they would want it for 50p and a free pint and pie!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Very good idea. We could make it the Sandal BMW Fans Day.

My original idea of £1 entrance was just a throw away figure but perhaps £5 would be a more realistic figure with kids in free with an adult. The club could still try and attract a sponsor to cover possible short fall.

I've also seen in the past where clubs do a pay what you want day. Lots of potential ideas for the club to try.

Sorted it for you Mr B!

1 person likes this

Would support any initiative 

i would rather the board focus on getting the season tickets right this time 

they really mis-read it last season 

nick 

Just now, Nick said:

Would support any initiative 

i would rather the board focus on getting the season tickets right this time 

they really mis-read it last season 

nick 

Not sure they did, happy with the price I paid, obviously non adult pricing needs looking at,  especially under 16s and over 65s . Season tickets are becoming an outdated option for clubs that don't fill their stadium, I buy more out of convenience rather than value for money

Would like to see a season ticket tied to supporters representative on the BOD 

ie the season ticket holders can elect one representative 

also like to see it as a 12 month debit 

and would questions it price should aim for less than 300 quid 

how about 12 monthly payments of 25 quid, that’s 300 quid 

and 25 a month is more affordable and given representation I think would be attractive 

nick 

23 games for under 300 is too cheap, we've got too many fans that want to not watch us for free

How can you pay over 12 months might as well pay on the gate. You buy your ticket say May pay the instalments up to Start of season whats to stop you not making anymore payments. Turnstile operators would have to check every season ticket serial number to make sure your still making your payments. 

Posted (edited)

If we spread the payments over 12 months we are saying you don’t finish paying for your season ticket until...3 months after the season has finished.

I understand the wanting to offer spread payments suggestion but would say the best we can do is to spread them over summer - which I believe we already do.

The reason ST holders get a cheaper price per game is because of the upfront commitment - you can’t expect the club to offer season tickets at a cheaper rate than paying on the gate and then expect the pay on the gate folk to pay it off quicker than the ST folk!

Edited by greg45

If it’s a direct debit then the club can take out the money .. 

43 minutes ago, Nick said:

If it’s a direct debit then the club can take out the money .. 

Not sure what point you’re making here - they still can’t take it all out before the season starts, which is the whole point in having money up front.

Nick you can cancel a direct debit just like you can stop paying cash. Tell your bank to stop letting payments be taken and they will. You do not have to get permission from the person taking the direct debit.

The club has to have some advantage for giving you a reduced rate of entry and that is they get a full seasons money up front. What your wanting is get a reduced price and then ask them to loan you the money over a year interest free to pay for the reduced rate season ticket.

Money is tight enough down there as it is without them giving interest free loans to their supporters as well.

1 person likes this

On 3/13/2019, 9:26:36, greg45 said:

Not sure what point you’re making here - they still can’t take it all out before the season starts, which is the whole point in having money up front.

No the whole point of a season ticket is to have some income certainty 

people have paid or committed to pay a sum of money 

the clubs out going’s happen all year so having an all year income also works 

Nick 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

No the whole point of a season ticket is to have some income certainty 

people have paid or committed to pay a sum of money 

the clubs out going’s happen all year so having an all year income also works 

Nick 

Sorry Nick you are mis-understanding direct debits. They can be cancelled any time by instructing your bank, hence they do not provide certainty of income.

You are also assuming that money received now is worth as much as money received in 12 months’ time - again, it is not.

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Sorry Nick you are mis-understanding direct debits. They can be cancelled any time by instructing your bank, hence they do not provide certainty of income.

You are also assuming that money received now is worth as much as money received in 12 months’ time - again, it is not.

And you’d have your season ticket book before you’d paid for it! Madness!

1 person likes this

True on the direct debit

but do you really think out fans would commit and then deliberate not do it, I don’t and if you start in may you are three months down ahead of the first league game 

time value of money understand the concept but as interest rates are so little the interest earned is minimal and most other costs are largely fixed by a season like a players wages 

a season ticket does not have to be a book in these days,, it can be a scanned ID on your phone or a ticket sent to your phone ahead of each game so it can be electronically checked as being up to date 

just a simple question 

which would sell the most 

12 x £25

4x£75 

3 x £100

1x £300 

most people complain about finding 2x 20 a month and heaven forbid we have three games in a month 

25 a month every month seems pretty good to me and easy to budget 

i think we would sell a lot more based on a monthly subscription 

but that’s my opinion, and the other point if season ticket holders could have a board representative I think that would help bring supporters and the club together and would make some people buy a ticket if they felt they got a voice too 

just ideas 

I will send to the club again like I have done in the past may be one day I will get a reply ,,, but I will not hold my breath 

nick 

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

True on the direct debit

but do you really think out fans would commit and then deliberate not do it, I don’t and if you start in may you are three months down ahead of the first league game 

time value of money understand the concept but as interest rates are so little the interest earned is minimal and most other costs are largely fixed by a season like a players wages 

a season ticket does not have to be a book in these days,, it can be a scanned ID on your phone or a ticket sent to your phone ahead of each game so it can be electronically checked as being up to date 

just a simple question 

which would sell the most 

12 x £25

4x£75 

3 x £100

1x £300 

most people complain about finding 2x 20 a month and heaven forbid we have three games in a month 

25 a month every month seems pretty good to me and easy to budget 

i think we would sell a lot more based on a monthly subscription 

but that’s my opinion, and the other point if season ticket holders could have a board representative I think that would help bring supporters and the club together and would make some people buy a ticket if they felt they got a voice too 

just ideas 

I will send to the club again like I have done in the past may be one day I will get a reply ,,, but I will not hold my breath 

nick 

The whole point of a season ticket at our level is to get income before the start of the season during the few months we have little coming in. May be different at a higher level where the money from the gates isn’t as vital, but for us that’s what we need. 

On the ID card scheme etc, believe I heard Preston spent nearly £500k on installing an electronic system and associated costs. Money we don’t have and certainly money the council wouldn’t spend.

4 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

The whole point of a season ticket at our level is to get income before the start of the season during the few months we have little coming in. May be different at a higher level where the money from the gates isn’t as vital, but for us that’s what we need. 

Is that true at this level given that we don't pay wages during the summer? I suppose rent and things still need paying though.

4 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

On the ID card scheme etc, believe I heard Preston spent nearly £500k on installing an electronic system and associated costs. Money we don’t have and certainly money the council wouldn’t spend.

I can believe it but such technology has to be the way forward.

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Is that true at this level given that we don't pay wages during the summer? I suppose rent and things still need paying though.

Transfer fees, agent fees, signing on fees etc. Golf day will likely on contribute so much. 

Agreed re: Technology, but at what cost. Paying on the gate does no harm (that I’m aware of!) and it was a bit of a farce at Barnet on Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Didn't DB say at a resent fans meeting that now we are a full time club, we pay 52 weeks wages?