Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Money

41 posts in this topic

The new loan signings have made a big difference and JF has shown what he can do with better quality players. The problem is that while we are able to recruit these players on loan we are unable to sign them permanently due to their wage demands. So, now the board have a dilemma: Invest in the club to progress, attract better players, bigger crowds and sponsorship - with the risk of losing their money; or maintain a shoestring budget making it impossible for the manager to progress the team and instead return to Conf North before too long.

3 people like this

These type of players are available in and around our budget, it's just a matter of finding them and convincing them to sign for Halifax . Fullarton rushed to sign too much dead wood, now he knows what's required he may just uncover a few gems . These players are obviously touted by their agents and by doing a bit of homework rather than acting like a kid in a sweetshop, you can actually go straight to the aniseed balls and avoid the turkish delights

Do we know the new signings are paid more than our contracted players?

1 person likes this

A few questions here to pose to Mr B tonight !

Just now, Richmond96 said:

They probably are on bigger contracts, how much bigger ? Players want to play not sit in the stands

15 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

No, good point, however very likely that they are paid more than our younger 'prospects/punts'. 

This one is interesting, we'll all agree last night was probably the best home performance of the season the loan players have made all the difference. Yes the four of them probably are on better basic salaries than our players but wages are about bonuses and imagine this won't feature in there take pay at their parent clubs.

At the start of the season all these players were at clubs who could offer better deals than us or they were already under contract it hasn't worked for them otherwise we wouldn't have them on loan, so while we have them ,over the next month we need to convince them Halifax Town is a place they want to be. Money isn't everything I know I'd rather be playing that sat in the stand. Also by we I mean us the fans as well especially the few on here who will crucify a player just if he takes too long to tie his boot laces.   

A lot blame our manager for his recruitment at the start of the season but what could he afford.  In the first few games he actually got the best out of them no it wasn't the flowing football of last night but we were winning. Then he got a horrendous run of injuries and this is why Lenighan came in he was all we could afford.

I imagine whats changed is the cup run this windfall has enabled us the ease the purse string hence the players we have now.

By the way can we point out to Manny Duku how easy it is to return to Holland using the M62 and North Sea Ferries.

2 people like this

To progress in our current state i.e. minimal investment by the BOD & full time, we need to set up a good scouting network that will scour the lower leagues, not just pick up the cast offs of other teams our size & above. No good relying on the Manager alone, there must plenty of experienced people who would be only too happy to take on this task in order for HTFC to progress.The talent is out there & we have shown previously that we can attract young hungry players & help them progress up the leagues.

Problem is when we got Vardy Roberts etc there was only us looking, since Vardy everybody else is too and they can offer better terms.

1 person likes this

58 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

These type of players are available in and around our budget, it's just a matter of finding them and convincing them to sign for Halifax . Fullarton rushed to sign too much dead wood, now he knows what's required he may just uncover a few gems . These players are obviously touted by their agents and by doing a bit of homework rather than acting like a kid in a sweetshop, you can actually go straight to the aniseed balls and avoid the turkish delights

He hardly rushed 

there were many questions on this board during the close season why it was taking so long to sign players and worries we had to small a squad 

hardly called that rushed 

A smaller squad of quality is better than a larger squad of rubbish 

let’s be truthful players on loan are not in the running for a starting or even a bench role and are ultimately cut loose by their clubs 

how many of our players sent out on loan have made it to the first team ....none? 

So if we can keep these players to the end of the season then there is every chance they will sign for us if we want them 

nick 

Just now, Nick said:

He hardly rushed 

there were many questions on this board during the close season why it was taking so long to sign players and worries we had to small a squad 

hardly called that rushed 

The players were signed, just not announced until contractual dates allowed, I think only Duckworth and Clarke were dallied over because they wanted to keep their options open

If the BOD are not prepared to take the risk and invest in the type of players we had on display last night why the hell did they take the club on. This league is crap and with a little investment it is there for the taking. GET ON WITH IT BOD.

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

If the BOD are not prepared to take the risk and invest in the type of players we had on display last night why the hell did they take the club on. This league is crap and with a little investment it is there for the taking. GET ON WITH IT BOD.

True Steve. I have seen nothing this season that shows any team in this league is above average. We should have pushed on from the 1st 6 games & not become so negative. But hey ho its too late now.

Just now, Macam blue said:

True Steve. I have seen nothing this season that shows any team in this league is above average. We should have pushed on from the 1st 6 games & not become so negative. But hey ho its too late now.

I don´t believe the investment would have to be that great as I would not want to go stupid like Salford or Fylde. The team we had on display last night could quite possible win this league.

32 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Problem is when we got Vardy Roberts etc there was only us looking, since Vardy everybody else is too and they can offer better terms.

Don't think that much has changed Hun. The teams in our league that are investing (chucking money at it) are doing just that. They are buying players not picking up lower league prospects. We have a proven track record of scouting players who for whatever reason are not on the radar of the rich boys, players that are hungry to progress their careers is the way forward to me.

20 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Don't think that much has changed Hun. The teams in our league that are investing (chucking money at it) are doing just that. They are buying players not picking up lower league prospects. We have a proven track record of scouting players who for whatever reason are not on the radar of the rich boys, players that are hungry to progress their careers is the way forward to me.

100% and 25 likes.:P

You got to speculate to accumulate!

1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

No, good point, however very likely that they are paid more than our younger 'prospects/punts'. 

Would have thought the new loanees have a percentage of their wage paid by the parent club 

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Would have thought the new loanees have a percentage of their wage paid by the parent club 

I think the point was could we afford to sign them permanently due to their wages demands.

33 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

You got to speculate to accumulate!

Or go bust 

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

Or go bust 

Not to that extent Nick. You only do a Salford if you have mega millions as they have which personally I would not want I like to see youngster coming through and progressing upwards.

6,311 at Stockport on Saturday and i would expect similar crowds there for the rest of the season.

Sadly we are never going to see them crowds and the income that a crowd that size generates, the only way for progression i'm afraid for us is for a calculated gamble in going full time (failed) or someone who is prepared to dip into their own pocket.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if we would look to extend all these short term loans if we are at that point pretty much guaranteed safety, would not suprise me if DB decided he did not want to be paying the wages of 3/4 players if he thought we was safe. 

Edited by wrighty130

Recruitment -

We have always struggled to sign players, but I think it was manager  Harry Hooper, in about 1959, said when he signed George Whitelaw that the difference was that after previous failed player signing attempts he managed to sign George because he came to Halifax when it was dark !!!.

2 people like this