The pitch

378 posts in this topic

Having had a look at the egg chaaing pictures at Bradford and Dewsbury today i can't help but be a little concered at what has probably happened to the pitch today 

Bradford were playing in white 

1551650722701-1895485203.jpg

I drove passed The Shay when the mud wrestling was on and it was absolutely pouring down. Pitch cannot be too good. Ozzie has work to do.

That's why we can't ground share anymore !

Pitch wasn’t exactly in top condition anyway. It’ll get rolled and cut but that’s it. 

Doesn't need cutting, it's already got far too little grass cover . I do worry about the use of the sprinklers at this time of year when the ground is holding enough natural moisture

It was noticeable during the Havant highlights just how bumpy the surface was and how infrequently the ball ran true.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Last minute try....pitch cut up a bit.Image may contain: 1 person, child, shoes, grass and outdoor

Edited by eddies mate

39 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Last minute try....pitch cut up a bit.Image may contain: 1 person, child, shoes, grass and outdoor

dont think the pic uplift has worked

Game on tomorrow? It was very heavy on Tuesday night and we've had a lot of rain since then. If we play Saturday and the blue frocks play on Sunday the pitch will be goosed for what is left of the season. Ossie and Hansie are good but they are not miracle workers. 

1 person likes this

Just now, quizmaster said:

Game on tomorrow? It was very heavy on Tuesday night and we've had a lot of rain since then. If we play Saturday and the blue frocks play on Sunday the pitch will be goosed for what is left of the season. Ossie and Hansie are good but they are not miracle workers. 

I read that a weather forecast for the next fortnight that said we are due some snow and icy conditions as well as high winds and plenty of rain. After that we are supposed to have better weather.

O don't know what it's been like in Halifax for snow this winter but we've hardly had any in Leeds.

There was pitch inspection this morning  no news is good news !!

Just been down to the Sha

y, ground staff working hard on the pitch could not see any standing water fingers crossed for game tomorrow.

is this anything to do with the announcement in 30 mins according to twitter

Just now, choppiebinkie said:

It'll be about the kit or something along those line 

Think it's two weeks rest after Sunday (unless the eggs are using it for reserves and training) . No doubt we'll be treated to The Shay sprinkler show before kick off :o

29 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I read that a weather forecast for the next fortnight that said we are due some snow and icy conditions as well as high winds and plenty of rain. After that we are supposed to have better weather.

O don't know what it's been like in Halifax for snow this winter but we've hardly had any in Leeds.

Snows everyday, you were right to emigrate

21 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

Re Tickets

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Re Tickets

Excellent promotion work there Steve, most informative ;)

Last 5 games for £80 or £75 for BornToMoan

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Having just waited an hour for a bus that is supposed to be very ten minutes I'm not so sure. Leeds has officially outgrown itself. Oh and joy of joys they've just built a load more new offices down Wellington Street and some more next to the Playhouse. If only they'd accompany that with an adequate transport system.

I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Halifax or somewhere quieter.

1 person likes this

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Having just waited an hour for a bus that is supposed to be very ten minutes I'm not so sure. Leeds has officially outgrown itself. Oh and joy of joys they've just built a load more new offices down Wellington Street and some more next to the Playhouse. If only they'd accompany that with an adequate transport system.

Lanzarote is good Erik:D

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Lanzarote is good Erik:D

I wish I had the cash pal. I've got a friend over in Portugal and she's told me to go over there.  I must admit it looks beautiful.

I don't know long you've been over in Lanzarote Steve but Leeds at rush hour is like London. Mayhem.

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

In all my time in Dirty Leeds I never once boarded a bus that came on time. Sometimes it's quicker to walk. It's push bike or get left behind. I'd definitely recommend a tranquil place near Halifax instead, such as Norland or the East Stand.

1 person likes this