Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Super Geoff

15 posts in this topic

Looking at Man U and how a former legend has taken over an under performing squad and turned it around. Can someone give DB Geoff Horsfield's number. 

Super Geoff belongs to the old club therefore doesn't exist.

3 people like this

Hiring former club legends is a funny one. Last season Bury hired Chris Lucketti, and let go of him after nine games in which they failed to score once. Now under another club legend Ryan Lowe they're second with a chance of first. In seven games this calendar year alone they've scored at least three goals. That's seven occasions where they've scored more than the total league goals we've scored since NYD. I could go on, but I just want to say that it's ludicrous the season we're having compared to other teams. It's like having a thimble of porridge every day while the table next to you have a vast mezze platter.

I think any sort of manager can do well for a club, they just have to be decent. You can be a shiny tech wonk, a heavy set half-time hairdryer or a club legend and progress. Thing is we've had fewer players stick around long enough to get that status than almost anyone, so Super Geoff is pretty much the only example we have!

If we're on the topic of appointing legends, Billy Barr?

2 people like this

Just now, Lewis said:

If we're on the topic of appointing legends, Billy Barr?

The thought had crossed my mind too. Billy the Fish would be better than our current "manager."

After seeing the title of the thread i Was hoping he'd signed for us until the  end of the season to replace our strikers who can't hit a barn door 

You have to shoot to hit a barn door!!!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Looking at Man U and how a former legend has taken over an under performing squad and turned it around. Can someone give DB Geoff Horsfield's number. 

To think it's that easy is .....

Just now, TheNorwegianViking said:

To think it's that easy is .....

Oh dear. 

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Wonder what Danny Holland is up to

Danny Holland was a very clever & underrated footballer.Far better than what we have now...

4 people like this

It didn't really work out for Port Vale legend Neil Aspin either unfortunately. 

My kind of player who was the joker and always played with a smile on his face,think it was at Curzon in the last minute when somebody took him out with a bad tackle and he just got up smiled at him and said why did you do that then at Lancaster the big punch up Danny waded in smiling and the thugs did not know what to do, then at Harrogate the guy who been doing some dodgy tackles on him hurt his ankle, who helped him off the field Danny , who was always having photos with the fans after the Glue promotions yes it was Danny but the club don't want people like him and Heli and Shaymus who make us feel we are part of the club so now we are stuck with Mr Waffle and his merry men, happy days.

3 people like this

Danny Holland was a damn good player. We could do with some of his enthusiasm around the place.

1 person likes this