Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Poor crowd, poor manager

68 posts in this topic

On the bright side Salford lost again hahaha 

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Scot said:

Havant were poor ...Town are not bad by any stretch but need a bit better quality decisions in the final third 

Edwards for a big guy doesn’t do enough in terms of holding the ball up but on the whole they will be fine 

A few additions with the current injuries will see them fine

Just lacking a bit of quality imo

That's all we have heard all season but even when injured players returned we were still sh*te. The three matches over Christmas and New Year was the only period we played well for more than one game. Until mindsets are changed performances won't no matter how many signings you bring in.

Full-time is not the problem. Having a one trick pony as a manager is!

Bussyclueless needs to splash the cash and finally throw caution to the wind for once or disappear, it can't be any worse can it? Football League, he is having a laugh.

17 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

On the bright side Salford lost again hahaha 

A budget on a league 1 level , bring back Bernard and Jonno .

8 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

Full-time is not the problem. Having a one trick pony as a manager is!

Bussyclueless needs to splash the cash and finally throw caution to the wind for once or disappear, it can't be any worse can it? Football League, he is having a laugh.

Town won’t disappear but it’s clear the club need to get need to get things more professional on all fronts and this season is a step towards that 

Town won’t go down ... no doubt in mind but they have to build

1 person likes this

Being full time isn’t the issue. It’s the tactics and recruitment that’s cost us. Our few good players aren’t allowed to express themselves due to the awful tactics.

Some of the players we have signed are conference north/south quality. No where near the standard we require. 3 players in particular today were absolutely dreadful today but will probably all start again next game.

You are bang on, a manager ( and I say that term flippantly) that is completely out of his depth. To the best of my knowledge his CV from previous positions must be rubbish. Offload now.

3 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

Whilst not wanting to defend another abject performance. Bringing Staunton on to protect the 0-0 towards the end WAS the sensible thing to do given the circumstances. Down to ten men and getting less and less of the ball. 0-0 keeps the gap at 5 points. A late H&W winner takes the gap down to 2. As depressing as the game was at least he didn't try to step out of character, go for broke and conceding late. 

And in doing so, he moved Kosylo up front. At least he seems to know where the goal is. 

4 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

And in doing so, he moved Kosylo up front. At least he seems to know where the goal is. 

Then persisted with 60 yard punts in the air. Leaving him challenging 6 foot 5 centre halves. That wasn't a move to carry an attacking threat that was a move because he had to put someone up there 

54 minutes ago, Scot said:

Town won’t disappear but it’s clear the club need to get need to get things more professional on all fronts and this season is a step towards that 

Town won’t go down ... no doubt in mind but they have to build

We've laboured to two draws against two of the worst teams in the league and we've finally managed to win a game and to score the other night. I bet that statistically, we are one of the favourites to go down. The only thing that will go in our favour against that is the amount of clean sheets.

If we stay up and your friend is in charge then we will struggle to sell 200 season tickets. If he continues to play in this style of football then you'll be lucky to see 1000 through the gate.

Do the decent thing JF and resign.

1 person likes this

Sorry! I said I'd never read any more JF bile, or a JGN1 interview/post ever again, but the Clown (JF) has said:

“Referees are meant to manage games and not influence them, and unfortunately he’s influenced the game.

What does our under performing manager think his role is?

He is useless and we can not have him in charge next season. Get shut ASAP.

20 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

Sorry! I said I'd never read any more JF bile, or a JGN1 interview/post ever again, but the Clown (JF) has said:

“Referees are meant to manage games and not influence them, and unfortunately he’s influenced the game.

What does our under performing manager think his role is?

He is useless and we can not have him in charge next season. Get shut ASAP.

As a home supporter & slightly biased, I (along with most posters on here) agreed with the sending off. I thought the ref had a decent game overall, tried to let the little things go when possible. But really cant agree that he had an influence on the game in general. .That was down to 2 poor teams cancelling each other out. JF is blowing smoke up our proverbial, to deflect the criticism away from his lack of tactical nous, Cant think of 1 good effort on target for us. It Havant had a better strike force they would have won, same last week. Some of our players are decent for this league, some not so, but over the past few weeks some are not performing to their ability. Defensively we are good, but unless we change the way we set up, our defence will not see us over the 50 point mark against the teams we have still to play. We need to set up more purposefully & release the pressure of the defenders. Todays display was no better or worse than we have seen recently, not good to watch, but still our team. Good to see so many applaud the players off at full time. 

3 hours ago, Scot said:

Brown shouted to Sellars to let it run out 

Brown was telling Johnson to take his time with goalkicks also. 

2 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

Whilst not wanting to defend another abject performance. Bringing Staunton on to protect the 0-0 towards the end WAS the sensible thing to do given the circumstances. Down to ten men and getting less and less of the ball. 0-0 keeps the gap at 5 points. A late H&W winner takes the gap down to 2. As depressing as the game was at least he didn't try to step out of character, go for broke and conceding late. 

Bringing Staunton was to give the back four some added protection which enabled Ferry to push further forward to support Preston & Kosy. At the time I did think why has he made that change, on reflection it was a positive change 

We use to sign young and up coming players in the past, some good, some not so good, (but they all tried), we had a decent network in place, along with managers who had the ability to nurture and progress them to the best of their ability.

Due to our only supply of talent now coming from JF being solely in charge of scouting and his signing of seasonal players who are past their best and the only youthful players he signs are on loan who are only making cameo appearances we are up the creek with JF and his paymasters.

Imagine if JF had discovered Vardy, he would make a full-time living on the matter to any folk willing to listen to his waffle. But if he had ever played under JF, he be a full-back for eighty minutes.

Define red card, no qualms with that.

Poor performance. I have little problem with players that clearly lack ability but actually try, some on the pitch today simply weren't trying, that, I can't accept.

500 down today on our average attenance DB, H&W brought a good number too, to bump it up to 1,100.

Look below at pity poor Solihull, must be luck, or well managed, both on and off the pitch.

1. Wrexham 5,192
2. Leyton Orient 5,186
3. Chesterfield 4,526
4. Hartlepool United 3,057
5. Salford City 2,516
6. Maidstone United 2,252
7. Sutton United 1,863
8. Aldershot Town 1,779
9. Eastleigh 1,743
10: Harrogate Town 1,728
11. AFC Fylde 1,722
12. FC Halifax Town 1,597
13. Ebbsfleet United 1,479
14. Dagenham & R 1,441
15. Maidenhead United 1,355
16. Bromley 1,345
17. Havant & Waterlooville 1,300
18. Barrow 1,286
19. Barnet 1,284
20. Solihull Moors 1,154
21. Dover Athletic 1,137
22. Gateshead 835
23. Boreham Wood 769
24. Braintree Town 732

4 hours ago, Scot said:

Havant were poor ...Town are not bad by any stretch but need a bit better quality decisions in the final third 

Edwards for a big guy doesn’t do enough in terms of holding the ball up but on the whole they will be fine 

A few additions with the current injuries will see them fine

Just lacking a bit of quality imo

.....a bit?

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

4 hours ago, sidscoop said:

Full time a failed experiment. The absolute worst of the worse FT mercenaries to choose from. 

As a manager I suppose you can only use the methodical approach. 

Full-time/part-time - the only thing that counts is quality. Which Town have nothing of.

3 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

.....that just tells us how poor we are as a team.....at least under this manager?

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

1 hour ago, Caygillwashere said:

We use to sign young and up coming players in the past, some good, some not so good, (but they all tried), we had a decent network in place, along with managers who had the ability to nurture and progress them to the best of their ability.

Due to our only supply of talent now coming from JF being solely in charge of scouting and his signing of seasonal players who are past their best and the only youthful players he signs are on loan who are only making cameo appearances we are up the creek with JF and his paymasters.

Imagine if JF had discovered Vardy, he would make a full-time living on the matter to any folk willing to listen to his waffle. But if he had ever played under JF, he be a full-back for eighty minutes.

We used to be part time but we aren't anymore. Name a young player from the league's below that we should sign? We got very lucky in the past but the goose that laid the golden eggs has stopped now. Fans have been spoilt. Back down to reality now and looking for decent players being released by other clubs. 

14 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

We used to be part time but we aren't anymore. Name a young player from the league's below that we should sign? We got very lucky in the past but the goose that laid the golden eggs has stopped now. Fans have been spoilt. Back down to reality now and looking for decent players being released by other clubs. 

You can't name any. I can't but then again its not our job to notice them, because of players who have made that journey. Vardy. Gregory with us, Hogan even made it. Other clubs there's Newton. Adams. Thats just off the top of my head there will be more. There are players in the lower leagues who have talent to be found. 

Just now, Greggs said:

You can't name any. I can't but then again its not our job to notice them, because of players who have made that journey. Vardy. Gregory with us, Hogan even made it. Other clubs there's Newton. Adams. Thats just off the top of my head there will be more. There are players in the lower leagues who have talent to be found. 

At what cost? I suppose we can try and sign players when their current deal runs out but there's much more competition now than there was before.

I would hope that JF is looking at players in the league's below as well. He did sign King from lower league so maybe he is. 

I've got a plan, play 10 defenders and let's see if we can manage some nil nils

1 person likes this