Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today’s game: Havant

193 posts in this topic

Just now, Pliny Harris said:

Say what you want about the players available, all of a sudden despite no presence up front we had a corner in the final minute, and left three back.

We don't know how to attack anymore. Highlights of the second half were punting up to wingers, and getting one person max into the box before said winger disposing of it.

Woeful football.

The red wasn't debatable to me.

Someone wake me up when we finish 20th on goal difference so I can watch vaguely entertaining footy again. How much more of this do we have to suffer?

Crucial when we went down to 10 that we didnt lose , Havant go home with one point when they should have gone for 3 , we are not playing well but picking up points , lot worse below us. 

3 people like this

Just now, Scot said:

Didn’t think it was a red card but need to see it again 

Sellers distribution was poor for 90 mins 

Havant were poor and with 11 they could have kicked on

Brown and Clarke really solid 

Preston had a good chance at the end but didn’t go in

Big Quigley worked hard but it’s poor decisions in good positions that cost them

Definitely a red card. Studs up and caught him high. Silly tackle. 

Fullarton signed Sellers and chooses to start him every week when he has Hanson on the bench. Why not play Hanson at right back and duckworth at left back?

with 11 we wouldn’t have kicked on. We’d have drawn 0-0 again. Just like against Braintree, Barrow, Aldershot and Salford recently. 

Without brown and Clarke he’d be out of a job.

Preston’s ‘chance’ was a product of him skipping past a couple of players and having a pot shot from distance. Nothing to do with the style of play. Only shot on target all game for us, says it all.

Quigley is yet to have a good game in a town shirt, hasn’t even shown glimpses of him resembling a footballer in any way. One goal against Maidstone in about 8 games. Fullarton also signed him and persists with him and the same system which has seen us win about 4 games in 28 since the beginning of September.

Sorry Scot, JF did a great job at the back end of last season keeping us up and for that I’m grateful but this season he has proved to be the most negative, dull and uninspiring manager I’ve seen down the shay and he has to go. He should count himself lucky he hasn’t had the treatment heath got. 

2 people like this

Just now, monk said:

Crucial when we went down to 10 that we didnt lose , Havant go home with one point when they should have gone for 3 , we are not playing well but picking up points , lot worse below us. 

You paying to watch that next season? Case you didn't notice the attendance was 1,100 people are voting with there feet. 

18 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Anybody that posts on here about Fullarton getting sacked are wasting there time.This Chairman is obviously very happy how we are progressing as a club.

Worst side in many many years.

THE worst manager ever...

Had to correct that for you John

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, fchtnico1 said:

Does Edwards count?

Should get him goal hanging as he can’t be offside as he doesn’t interfere with play

Whatever the circumstances we needed a win today. I could understand taking Quigley off if we were under constant pressure and in danger of losing the point but we weren't. Would be delighted with a 0-0 next week. Eastleigh have now won 5 on the trot. Only bright spot is that Salford look to have imploded. Lost again today and with all the players they have signed only had 4 on the bench. They must be bad because form over last 10 games is worse than ours.

27 minutes ago, monk said:

I think the fact Havant created very little with a man extra , they will go home disappointed , we should be happy with a point and another clean sheet , 5 points from 3 crucial games this week will do , I think we are crawling away from the drop , 40 points now 50 will see us safe .

Have you seen the run in? 5 points in the last 4 games ( all teams below us) with a total of 1 goal is going to cost us big time!

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Greggs said:

You paying to watch that next season? Case you didn't notice the attendance was 1,100 people are voting with there feet. 

I have watched worse , last season for example and too many more to count .

I admit it is poor , very poor at times but we are not losing games and the job now is to stay up , it's not up to me what happens to the manager but every young manager needs time to gain experience , a full season under his belt and a summer to recruit and have more idea what he needs to compete in this league then who knows , I don't know who said it but survive this season , which we are more likely to achieve than we were 3 games ago and give him 10 games next season .

He brought in Lenighan and persevered with him for far too long , a mistake which hopefully is part of the learning curve .

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, monk said:

He brought in Lenighan and persevered with him for far too long , a mistake which hopefully is part of the learning curve .

Persisting with Lenighan, Edwards and, of late, Quigley have been the main mistakes this season. But on the other hand, we're not a million miles away. We have an excellent defence to build on. We just need someone who can stick the ball in the net. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Che Bentos said:

Persisting with Lenighan, Edwards and, of late, Quigley have been the main mistakes this season. But on the other hand, we're not a million miles away. We have an excellent defence to build on. We just need someone who can stick the ball in the net. 

Ok

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

Have you seen the run in? 5 points in the last 4 games ( all teams below us) with a total of 1 goal is going to cost us big time!

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

31 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I have Ash but teams below are worse than us so I think we are almost safe .

And also signed Odelusi, Preston Edwards Sellars McLeod quigley Maher ! DB won’t trust him with another penny 

8 minutes ago, monk said:

I have watched worse , last season for example and too many more to count .

I admit it is poor , very poor at times but we are not losing games and the job now is to stay up , it's not up to me what happens to the manager but every young manager needs time to gain experience , a full season under his belt and a summer to recruit and have more idea what he needs to compete in this league then who knows , I don't know who said it but survive this season , which we are more likely to achieve than we were 3 games ago and give him 10 games next season .

But how do you sell season tickets for next season based on this seasons performances? 

People want some level of entertainment that stand was like being in a morgue for the entire game

Edited by Greggs
1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Had a chat with Neil Aspin before the Stockport game, he is scouting for someone, he didn’t disclose who but was watching Maidstone. 

Had a cracking Stockport Pie, Mash, Mushy Peas & Gravy in Lord of the Pies before the game. Entrance to the match for less than £20 

Not the best match I have seen this year but value for money day :)

Just now, Che Bentos said:

We need a system that can help stick the ball in the net first. When you're trying to whip it in towards a grand total of one person in the box then you'd need to be a pretty dainty striker to have much of a chance.

Just now, monk said:

Ok

I have Ash but teams below are worse than us so I think we are almost safe .

What makes you think they are worse that us when we can’t beat them??

Just now, Greggs said:

But how do you sell season tickets for next season based on this seasons performances? 

What's the big deal about season ticket sales we are lucky to sell 300 some seasons and going back to your point about crowds anyone remember Bath City at home where we lost 3-5 Infront of just over 600 fans .

Just now, Bazza2al said:

What makes you think they are worse that us when we can’t beat them??

Cos they are below us in the league .

4 minutes ago, monk said:

What's the big deal about season ticket sales we are lucky to sell 300 some seasons and going back to your point about crowds anyone remember Bath City at home where we lost 3-5 Infront of just over 600 fans .

4-5, and that's where the crowds are headed.

2 minutes ago, monk said:

Cos they are below us in the league .

:doh: We have been on a general donward spiral so don’t think that’s much to cling on to. Teams below us winnning by SCORING GOALS. What’s our plan?? Nil nil every week??? Eventually that will blow up in our faces  

Fullarton out. 

Edited by Bazza2al

Red card was definitely right decision if it was the other way around we would have expected it ,I was sat straight in front of it correct decision studs were well up ,The most worrying thing at the moment is we don’t create any proper chances to score goals ,Did we have a single effort on target? Havant are an appalling team but at least they had a few efforts on goal.We would have been better putting Staunton up front at least he could hold the ball against the size of the Havant defenders ,Pumping balls up to Preston and Kosylo was a waste of time.

Having seen the footage of the red card incident, the referee was correct in sending Berrett off. No question about it.

That being said, ten men or not, sitting back as much as we did against one of the worst defences in the league is absolutely disgraceful. When does this negative football come to an end?

54 minutes ago, monk said:

I think the fact Havant created very little with a man extra , they will go home disappointed , we should be happy with a point and another clean sheet , 5 points from 3 crucial games this week will do , I think we are crawling away from the drop , 40 points now 50 will see us safe .

You must be joking. Even with 10 men they were there for the taking and with a more positive attacking display and substitutions we should of got the win. JF doesn't know how to/want to attack teams all he cares about is defending and playing for a point. Calling him a fraud is unfair on frauds. SACK HIM NOW.

13 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

We need a system that can help stick the ball in the net first. When you're trying to whip it in towards a grand total of one person in the box then you'd need to be a pretty dainty striker to have much of a chance.

24 minutes ago, monk said:

Yes, I was going to add to my persistence post about persisting too long with systems which are not fit for purpose but I was under pressure to play football outside with the boy! 

12 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'd rather go to the dentists than watch Edwards and Quigley

With a payment plan at your dentists it's cheaper too. 

2 people like this