Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

22nd February 2016 - NLP TOTW

21 posts in this topic

Following Town's very impressive 4-2 home win over Grimsby Town James Bolton & Scott McManus make the TOTW. Harvey the manager

22-02-2016 NLP TOTW after Town 4-2 Grimsby.jpg

Always felt under Harvey that the senior players were running the team with Harvey more guiding and less managing 

nick 

Funny how much anemosity there is towards Harvey from some quarters. He seems to split fans right down the middle.

His name might have been on our relegated side but the damage was done way before and we were truely gone before he took the reigns.

I enjoyed watching us play during his spell and we won at wembley, so we got more under him than what I expected.

2 people like this

The period over December and January when we went on that long unbeaten run was some of the most exciting/best to watch since 1998. Add into the excitement/ atmosphere of the semi final and final and that was an entertaining season. How many can say the same about this one?

1 person likes this

It was one of the strangest seasons we have ever had , the appointment of Kelly and Harvey as his assistant was the wrong way round , Kelly was a disaster and Harvey cannot have been much assistance during that period , Harvey more or less got us safe by beating Borehamwood then capitulated against Aldershot and Kidderminster , was it that season we saw the miss of the season against Eastleigh Richard (can't remember his last name ) which would have kept us up .

Harvey took us to Wembley so will always be remembered fondly but what happened in those final games with an experienced manager will always be a mystery , injuries to key players was a factor but went to Kidderminster and fooked up on a massive scale .

2 people like this

I’d have Harvey back in a flash. As good a manager as you can expect to find at this level. Sense of humour as well. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, monk said:

Richard (can't remember his last name ) which would have kept us up .

Richard Peniket. I still am haunted by that miss. He did score vital goaks in the Playoff run the next season though! 

11 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Richard Peniket. I still am haunted by that miss. He did score vital goaks in the Playoff run the next season though! 

Is that when he went to square the ball when he had a pretty much an open goal 3 yards out? 

12 minutes ago, wrighty130 said:

Is that when he went to square the ball when he had a pretty much an open goal 3 yards out? 

Yes :( he hadn't scored for 20 odd games and I thought to myself 'tear the net out Peni!'. He of course didn't 

If Bosomworth had not have sold Tuton we would have stayed up. Pure and simple. What fans should realise is that Kosylo would also have gone a few weeks back if the offer from Salford was bigger no matter how that would have affected the relegation battle.

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

If Bosomworth had not have sold Tuton we would have stayed up. Pure and simple. What fans should realise is that Kosylo would also have gone a few weeks back if the offer from Salford was bigger no matter how that would have affected the relegation battle.

Like the offers we turned down for Gregory in January ‘14?

God why do we fans continue to pick at a scab, this subject has been done to death on more than one occasion. Why can't we just leave it alone now?

2 people like this

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

God why do we fans continue to pick at a scab, this subject has been done to death on more than one occasion. Why can't we just leave it alone now?

Because the club dies a death in between games and it´s pretty boring at this point in time.

1 person likes this

Top manager for us was Harvey. Came into a sunken ship and nearly performed miracles. Got the players playing good football. Took us all to wembley aswel and i for one wouldn't have swapped staying up instead of a final at Wembley 

We won at Wembley in a national competition, surely that is enough to ensure legend status?

1 person likes this

On 22/02/2019, 16:33:01, Steve Lanzarote said:

Because the club dies a death in between games and it´s pretty boring at this point in time.

Disagree, there are loads of goals to dissect endlessly!

On 22/02/2019, 08:47:35, Shaymen Stats said:

Following Town's very impressive 4-2 home win over Grimsby Town James Bolton & Scott McManus make the TOTW. Harvey the manager

22-02-2016 NLP TOTW after Town 4-2 Grimsby.jpg

Happy days of a manager that played attacking football.

4 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Happy days of a manager that played attacking football.

I'd forgotten that Bolton played that season. So we had Johnson in nets for the second half of the season, Bolton at right back and Macca at left back and Browny at centre half. Apart from Clarkey, that's a better defence than we have now. Who was the other centre half?

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I'd forgotten that Bolton played that season. So we had Johnson in nets for the second half of the season, Bolton at right back and Macca at left back and Browny at centre half. Apart from Clarkey, that's a better defence than we have now. Who was the other centre half?

Bencherif?

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Bencherif?

Aye that's right. Although I think he started to play in midfield didn't he?