Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unbelievable Jeff

39 posts in this topic

Just now, greg45 said:

That would have made sense...

Man United did it , no coincidence after the departure of Jose they had a run of games against teams in the bottom half .

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Mr B meeting with Sarri on the way through London, "inflexible, stubborn and irritating" according to BBC Sport, ideal replacement

Speaking of Sarri, last night when needing a goal and having giroud and hudson-odoi on the bench he took off his right back... and replaced him with a right back.. instantly thought where have i seen similar losing tactics like this before

Just now, halifaxmark said:

Speaking of Sarri, last night when needing a goal and having giroud and hudson-odoi on the bench he took off his right back... and replaced him with a right back.. instantly thought where have i seen similar losing tactics like this before

err that was my point a like for like replacement!!

Just now, halifaxmark said:

Most managers are like that , they have a system and stick to it even if it is not working , every Chelsea fan booed him when he made the change , one he makes every game regardless of the score . 

It's strange when everybody but the manager is thinking differently , I suppose that's why they are managers and we are not .

It's an easy game sat in the stands one that most of us think we are knowledgeable about but having to make them decisions in front of 40,000 manager's is not easy .

In his case he maybe thought damage limitation on the back of being stuffed by Man City , he thought that rather than being picked off by Rashford on the break a 2-0 defeat rather than 3/4 would buy him more time , if I was on the money they earn the longer I get payed the better .

Greggs wrote;

You look through our history since Vince. 

Aspin- appointed from a higher league. Had experiance. Was a success till the last year. 

Kelly- no experiance. A failed appointment and was sacked in no time. 

Harvey- lots of experiance. Has the relegation on his cv (still maintain thats not solely at his door) won on our first trip to Wembley. 

Heath- had experiance at the level we needed him for and did the job. Albeit was out of his depth at this level. 

Fullarton- no experiance and only still in a job because of the bizarre length of contract offered. 

There's 5 managers there. Its no coincidence the successful ones had a level of experiance of the game or the level we were playing at. The cheap options are costing the club more than it would in paying an experianced manager a little bit more.

I agree with you completely, Greggs. Just one thing I would add. When you appoint a manager with experience, you can also look back and see the style of play that they brought. Was it entertaining? Was it attacking? Was it good interpassing football played mainly on the ground, rather than hoofs in to the air? You have a much clearer idea then what you will be getting.

I doubt that Fullerton went in to his interview saying "I will be concentrating mainly on defence. I will set up in a generally negative fashion to try and stop the opposition. There will be lots of 0-0 draws."

But that is exactly what he is delivering. Bosomworth took a punt on a rookie and there was no managerial record or style for the BOD to look at. Bosomworth should have stuck to the personnel spec which he and the BOD had quoted to candidates, and that talked about previous experience and proven results.

So in a nutshell, when next appointing a manager, GO FOR SOMEONE WITH THE RIGHT EXPERIENCE, AND DON'T BE BAMBOOZLED BY THE GIFT OF THE GAB!

2 people like this

2 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Fans looking at each other in disbelief-akin to the south stand.Is there really a fan in the country who would rather their team lose a cup tie 2-0 and keep it tight than have a go and lose 3/4-0 ?

Don't think he can last more than 45 mins without a fag anyway.

Edited by eddies mate

27 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Greggs wrote;

You look through our history since Vince. 

Aspin- appointed from a higher league. Had experiance. Was a success till the last year. 

Kelly- no experiance. A failed appointment and was sacked in no time. 

Harvey- lots of experiance. Has the relegation on his cv (still maintain thats not solely at his door) won on our first trip to Wembley. 

Heath- had experiance at the level we needed him for and did the job. Albeit was out of his depth at this level. 

Fullarton- no experiance and only still in a job because of the bizarre length of contract offered. 

There's 5 managers there. Its no coincidence the successful ones had a level of experiance of the game or the level we were playing at. The cheap options are costing the club more than it would in paying an experianced manager a little bit more.

I agree with you completely, Greggs. Just one thing I would add. When you appoint a manager with experience, you can also look back and see the style of play that they brought. Was it entertaining? Was it attacking? Was it good interpassing football played mainly on the ground, rather than hoofs in to the air? You have a much clearer idea then what you will be getting.

I doubt that Fullerton went in to his interview saying "I will be concentrating mainly on defence. I will set up in a generally negative fashion to try and stop the opposition. There will be lots of 0-0 draws."

But that is exactly what he is delivering. Bosomworth took a punt on a rookie and there was no managerial record or style for the BOD to look at. Bosomworth should have stuck to the personnel spec which he and the BOD had quoted to candidates, and that talked about previous experience and proven results.

So in a nutshell, when next appointing a manager, GO FOR SOMEONE WITH THE RIGHT EXPERIENCE, AND DON'T BE BAMBOOZLED BY THE GIFT OF THE GAB!

Bosmworth probably likes a Car Salesman bull@itter if one of his sales personnel went 3 months without selling a car would he keep his job? 

1 person likes this

Fullarton has probably been sacked, you will find out at 19 15 tonight. 

20 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Gardening leave?

33 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Gardening leave?

He would probably kill plastic plants.............

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

It would be just like the club to update the fans 1 hour before KO :lol:

I hope for the sake of those who travel down they get something to cheer , hats off to them it takes hardcore football fans to a new level , me I will be sat in a warm house with a nice cool beer watching Walking Dead (no pun intended) and following the updates.

I'll be watching Michael Collins, (Liam Neilson).

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, eddies mate said:

Case for the defence Scot ?

His answer will be,Nowt wrong with defence 

24 minutes ago, eddie said:

His answer will be,Nowt wrong with defence 

Eddie ... read the thread ... already did 

1 person likes this