Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unanimous

155 posts in this topic

It was always a worry of mine going to the full time model. In terms of attracting good players we were one of the biggest draws for part time players. In the full time pond we are bottom of the list and apart from Clarke, King and glimpses from Berret recently, the players Fullerton has brought in are simply not good enough. The better players are the ones his predecessors brought in. The defence and keeper are solid but the fact we haven’t scored since the new year is why we are where we are. I also think tactics are to blame. Heath got more out of Kossy but we do miss a fully fit Tomlinson and Josh McDondald. Fullerton didn’t bring them in either!

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

Well said fcht15, fans at last seeing where the real problem lies, buz and his pals, **** off now! You’re clowns 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. 

Just a thought.........

If we can`t get shut of the idiot, why not just put him on gardening leave and let Brown/Clarke pick the team and decide the tactics? We need points, and we ain`t going to get any with Coco the Clown in charge.

1 person likes this

On 17/02/2019, 08:09:00, Shaymen Stats said:

What is it about Halifax Town managers and not liking to play our talented players? 

Aspin had Browny

Heath had (possibly had) Tomlinson he never seemed to play him. 

And if rumors are to be believed Fullarton has lost at least Hanson and King in 'fall 

Not forgetting Aspin wouldn't play Dan Gardiner much of the time in Conference North, when he's been a starter at Football League clubs ever since he left. 

As far as King & Hanson are concerned there seems little doubt they are 2 of the more talented members of the squad. If they were left out for breaches of club discipline I'd understand but I suspect they have had the audacity to make a couple of suggestions and JF doesn't seem to take kindly to being questioned (even by the media as Hughes post match press interviews are becoming a weekly event - although that does spare the endless inane drivel and cliche he used to serve up weekly!) Does anybody else share my belief that never has there been a manager who takes up so much copy space without saying anything of genuine note or interest?

After 7 1/2 hours without a goal (and for the most part 7 1/2 hours without remotely looking like scoring) you'd hope he'd be open to any serious suggestions!

Alas I agree that it would seem time to part company as there is no evidence of arresting the current decline and acting now would give a suitable successor a fair chance of righting the Ship.

This is of course dependant on a suitable successor being available. Is Jim Harvey available? Did a fantastic job of nearly keeping us up before when in a far worse predicament when he arrived, the improvement in performances was almost instant and took us to Wembley, personally would have him back in a heartbeat!

9 minutes ago, The beautiful game said:

Not forgetting Aspin wouldn't play Dan Gardiner much of the time in Conference North, when he's been a starter at Football League clubs ever since he left. 

As far as King & Hanson are concerned there seems little doubt they are 2 of the more talented members of the squad. If they were left out for breaches of club discipline I'd understand but I suspect they have had the audacity to make a couple of suggestions and JF doesn't seem to take kindly to being questioned (even by the media as Hughes post match press interviews are becoming a weekly event - although that does spare the endless inane drivel and cliche he used to serve up weekly!) Does anybody else share my belief that never has there been a manager who takes up so much copy space without saying anything of genuine note or interest?

After 7 1/2 hours without a goal (and for the most part 7 1/2 hours without remotely looking like scoring) you'd hope he'd be open to any serious suggestions!

Alas I agree that it would seem time to part company as there is no evidence of arresting the current decline and acting now would give a suitable successor a fair chance of righting the Ship.

This is of course dependant on a suitable successor being available. Is Jim Harvey available? Did a fantastic job of nearly keeping us up before when in a far worse predicament when he arrived, the improvement in performances was almost instant and took us to Wembley, personally would have him back in a heartbeat!

Gardner was injured until December/January and played virtually every game when fit?

2 people like this

2 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Gardner was injured until December/January and played virtually every game when fit?

Fell out with Aspin for a while, well documented at the time

Let’s be honest if Jim Harvey took over tomorrow relegation would be certain 

On 17/02/2019, 08:21:39, awaydays said:

Me; we’re not going to get relegated, even at our current average we’ll have at least 50 points at the end of the season.

I agree it’s not good at the moment but getting shot of managers is a costly exercise.

I suspect JF has had his Stalybridge moment, let’s see what happens now and review at the end of the season.

There are far too many keyboard warriors on here that don’t support the club (they may have watched a few games many years ago) but try to speak for the majority.

Yesterday wasn’t great but we’re not that far away from winning games.

See you all at Maidstone.

Panic, what panic?

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Jmc said:

Mm, based on what theory?

1 hour ago, Shaymus said:

Mm, based on what theory?

History Jonny history 

a man who had us safe and sound in feb after a disastrous start and still managed to get us relegated

here you go Jim have some cash to buy some players to make sure we’re safe

nah we’re safe ! Oops 

6 hours ago, Jmc said:

History Jonny history 

a man who had us safe and sound in feb after a disastrous start and still managed to get us relegated

nah we’re safe ! Oops 

Bosomworth has to take a lot of blame for that relegation.

"Hey Jim, I know we are in a desperate relegation battle but I can pick up a few grand by selling our star striker to Barnsley" 

We were not safe and sound, I remember at the time saying how crazy it was and comparing it to the departure of Marcus Stewart from Huddersfield to their main rivals at the Time Ipswich Town. Ipswich went up. Huddersfield stayed down.

Edited by Shaytrev

There were lots of contributing factors that season , will never forgive that display at relegated kiddy

2 people like this

On 2/19/2019, 9:02:05, The beautiful game said:

As far as King & Hanson are concerned there seems little doubt they are 2 of the more talented members of the squad. If they were left out for breaches of club discipline I'd understand but I suspect they have had the audacity to make a couple of suggestions and JF doesn't seem to take kindly to being questioned.

I heard on good authority that at Chesterfield King had a disagreement with the manager who was telling him to hoof the ball long and King said there is little point in him being on the pitch if that is all he is going to do. The manager took him at his word and took of the most influential player on the pitch.That helps to explain why we were all scratching our heads at the substitution.

As for Hanson, JF is putting it about that he cannot get back in the team because Duckworth is playing so well! Even if you were to believe that, seeing as Hanson is better than most of the rest of the team I would play him on the wing, at left back in centre mid..., to think he is not even on the bench when we have so many poor players. Apparently he was dropped because of an altercation with Sellars after the Barrow game.

He has no clue, the sooner he goes the sooner we can move towards getting a team that can win games.

2 minutes ago, Shayite said:

I heard on good authority that at Chesterfield King had a disagreement with the manager who was telling him to hoof the ball long and King said there is little point in him being on the pitch if that is all he is going to do. The manager took him at his word and took of the most influential player on the pitch.That helps to explain why we were all scratching our heads at the substitution.

As for Hanson, JF is putting it about that he cannot get back in the team because Duckworth is playing so well! Even if you were to believe that, seeing as Hanson is better than most of the rest of the team I would play him on the wing, at left back in centre mid..., to think he is not even on the bench when we have so many poor players. Apparently he was dropped because of an altercation with Sellars after the Barrow game.

He has no clue, the sooner he goes the sooner we can move towards getting a team that can win games.

Yeah, this received wisdom has come up from a few quarters. It might or might not be true. There’s certainly no reason to believe your assertions over the reasons for Jacob Hanson’s and Cameron King’s respective absences over anyone else’s, including those emanating from Mr Fullarton in his Courier interview this week. You concede that your interpretation is based on speculation, ‘Apparently,..’, yet use it to conclude, ‘He has no clue.’ For what it’s worth, I couldn’t make out any discolouring around Ryan Sellars’s eye on Tuesday night, but I shan’t be submitting that as compelling evidence for or against anything.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Jmc said:

History Jonny history 

nah we’re safe ! Oops 

Bosomworth desperate to part with money.....:lol::lol: manager who's job depends on staying up-nah keep it Dave don't need it mate.

Anyone who believes that scenario is either the most guillable fan on earth or fecking stupid...

37 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Bosomworth desperate to part with money.....:lol::lol: manager who's job depends on staying up-nah keep it Dave don't need it mate.

Anyone who believes that scenario is either the most guillable fan on earth or fecking stupid...

Or perhaps that´s you eddies mate for having blind faith in a manager who could not be arsed as he new he was not going to be the manager the next season.

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Or perhaps that´s you eddies mate for having blind faith in a manager who could not be arsed as he new he was not going to be the manager the next season.

There was never any evidence of that utter nonsense.

Just now, eddies mate said:

There was never any evidence of that utter nonsense.

I was posting on here to that effect from the Jan onwards.

3 hours ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Yeah, this received wisdom has come up from a few quarters. It might or might not be true. There’s certainly no reason to believe your assertions over the reasons for Jacob Hanson’s and Cameron King’s respective absences over anyone else’s, including those emanating from Mr Fullarton in his Courier interview this week. You concede that your interpretation is based on speculation, ‘Apparently,..’, yet use it to conclude, ‘He has no clue.’ For what it’s worth, I couldn’t make out any discolouring around Ryan Sellars’s eye on Tuesday night, but I shan’t be submitting that as compelling evidence for or against anything.

Yes I am not daft enough to believe everything I hear - just wanted to share. My conclusions are based upon watching Mr Fullerton's team, the tactics, seeing the changes that he makes etc. He seems to see the game differently to everyone else. His choices are costing us points.

13 hours ago, Jmc said:

History Jonny history 

nah we’re safe ! Oops 

Well, Jim Harvey's record was quite remarkable once he'd taken charge, and has to be given a massive amount of credit for even giving FC Halifax Town a chance come the last day. Perhaps they should have seen themselves over the line, and the fact that we couldn't match Guiseley's result  on the last day that will always go against him. As for Tuton, my recollection is that he wanted away and refused to play, simple as that. Many people rightly criticised the player over that and were glad to see the back of him. Town were never safe, just safer. The width of a post denied them in the last match, and had the ball have gone in, Harvey would have proved to be the miracle worker. It was such a fine line. Whether liked or not, he still gave the supporters the FA Trophy and went into that game with the board already lining up Billy Heath. It's the board who make the decisions at the top and ultimately, they have to carry the can for the appointment of Darren Kelly, for had they gone for anyone else Town would have got an extra point or two which would have been enough. I think Town will survive the drop this season - just - but long term I don't think Fullarton will deliver anything, and in any case, you really have to question just what the ambitions of the board are.     

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

Well, Jim Harvey's record was quite remarkable once he'd taken charge, and has to be given a massive amount of credit for even giving FC Halifax Town a chance come the last day. Perhaps they should have seen themselves over the line, and the fact that we couldn't match Guiseley's result  on the last day that will always go against him. As for Tuton, my recollection is that he wanted away and refused to play, simple as that. Many people rightly criticised the player over that and were glad to see the back of him. Town were never safe, just safer. The width of a post denied them in the last match, and had the ball have gone in, Harvey would have proved to be the miracle worker. It was such a fine line. Whether liked or not, he still gave the supporters the FA Trophy and went into that game with the board already lining up Billy Heath. It's the board who make the decisions at the top and ultimately, they have to carry the can for the appointment of Darren Kelly, for had they gone for anyone else Town would have got an extra point or two which would have been enough. I think Town will survive the drop this season - just - but long term I don't think Fullarton will deliver anything, and in any case, you really have to question just what the ambitions of the board are.     

100% Spot on....

Or you could believe he knew in Jan that if he kept us up and won the FA trophy he'd be binned............:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

100% Spot on....

Or you could believe he knew in Jan that if he kept us up and won the FA trophy he'd be binned............:lol::lol:

Believe what you like Eddies mate it´s a fact. 

13 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Believe what you like Eddies mate it´s a fact. 

All an irrelevance now i'm afraid whatever the truth...

6 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

All an irrelevance now i'm afraid whatever the truth...

Now that is very true:D

On 19/02/2019, 23:37:31, Jmc said:

Jimmy Harvey’s Barmy Army. Will be forever remembered in Shaymen history for being the manager of the FA Trophy winners. 

1 person likes this