Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How many players are under contract for next season?

13 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many of our squad are also under contract for next season.

With relegation looking increasingly likely, we could be facing serious financial problems in National North if we are still having to pay out to full time players. We may save a bit of money on away travel, but we will surely lose quite a lot of money on gate income. You can't charge £20 to watch the poor quality that the North is, and season ticket sales will also drop.

I warned at the time that Fullerton's appointment was a bad choice. It gives me no pleasure to see that my view has been proven right.

2 people like this

I don't think Mr B envisaged us going down so probably didn't include a clause in the players contract that shoulder get relegated their wages were reduced or they would revert to part time football on a pro rate rate.

2 hours ago, oldskir said:

Just wondering how many of our squad are also under contract for next season.

Jacob Hanson is one of course. 

I think Josh Mac is too? 

You can see on 'transfermarket'- type that into Google and put halifax town in :D

2 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

You can see on 'transfermarket'- type that into Google and put halifax town in :D

Unfortunately websites like that and Wikipedia aren't worth a shite when it comes to our club. 

Matty Brown

Sam Johnson

Hanson

Southwell

Preston

King

Maher

Staunton

All contracted for another year at least 

1 hour ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

thought odelusi signed for 2 years?

Oh joy of joys. Every cloud has another big blummin cloud with a tornado in it.

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Gavlar said:

Matty Brown

Sam Johnson

Hanson

Southwell

Preston

King

Maher

Staunton

All contracted for another year at least 

If Clarke was only contracted for one season then maybe it's time to give Staunton a run out with his new centre half partner. Those are the two that'll play next season. Good to see we have King tied down to another year. As soon as we know which division we'll be in (I hope it's not the last game of the season when we find out) then it's time for the board to sit down and hopefully persuade him to sign another contract.

If I'm honest, Preston and Odelusi would have been the first two names to release. I don't think Preston has the pace we need and Odelusi just isn't up to it. I suppose he might improve after his operation. Fingers crossed.

16 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

If Clarke was only contracted for one season then maybe it's time to give Staunton a run out with his new centre half partner. Those are the two that'll play next season. Good to see we have King tied down to another year. As soon as we know which division we'll be in (I hope it's not the last game of the season when we find out) then it's time for the board to sit down and hopefully persuade him to sign another contract.

If I'm honest, Preston and Odelusi would have been the first two names to release. I don't think Preston has the pace we need and Odelusi just isn't up to it. I suppose he might improve after his operation. Fingers crossed.

Agree with all the above but cannot believe that we have given Preston and Odelusi two year contracts

Just now, Bill Atkins said:

Agree with all the above but cannot believe that we have given Preston and Odelusi two year contracts

Me neither Bill. 

The managers fault as I doubt Mr B knew nothing of these players.

12 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

thought odelusi signed for 2 years?

Jeez if true Mr B could easily sack for gross negligence