Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Three wise monkeys

58 posts in this topic

Just now, Hoddie said:

There was uproar when he was appointed. I remember saying I could make a fortune selling razor blades it was that bad. Not everyone went for his jugular from the start but plenty did. It's a shame it hasn't worked out - for JF as much as Halifax Town - but I cannot believe he is still employed at the Shay. We're talking a historically bad run of form, not just a few bad results. I just don't understand what the BoD hope to achieve by circling the wagons around him.

Due to his record at Notts County , wrong place wrong time.

I agree it has not worked out for him yet and a defeat on Saturday and that could be it for him , I want him to succeed and given time he might but the club is bigger than one man and relegation would be a disaster .

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

There was uproar when he was appointed. I remember saying I could make a fortune selling razor blades it was that bad. Not everyone went for his jugular from the start but plenty did. It's a shame it hasn't worked out - for JF as much as Halifax Town - but I cannot believe he is still employed at the Shay. We're talking a historically bad run of form, not just a few bad results. I just don't understand what the BoD hope to achieve by circling the wagons around him.

Going by the original thread, it looks like most people were behind him, even if many expressed that it's an underwhelming punt into the unknown. www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/19382-jamie-fullarton/

Quickly got behind him after the immediate results though.

9 minutes ago, monk said:

The word "Inexperienced" carries a lot of clout in Fullarton still being at the club , the board know him better than we do , we judge him on performances and results , we have no idea what work he puts in behind the scenes , I doubt going full time they expected instant success but also did not expect what looks like a fight to stay up but I think and I think the board feel the same way that if someone shows they are giving their all and striving to be successful then with a bit more experience and a full season under their belt and a bit more knowledge of this league then sticking with him could prove the right decision , slightly concerned but not pressing the panic button yet is where we are at .

We just need a few wins, but the way we've looked for several months is that we've usually either risen to roughly match better teams, or descended to be at least as bad as the worse teams. Very little to say we actually deserved to win the last handful of games.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Angus said:

I wasn`t against him, in fact I hoped he would be a massive success.

It`s about time a young, articulate, modern thinking English (I know, I`ll extend it to British in this case) made a name for himself and put theory into practice. Just as the club took a punt on Gregory, Vardy and others who were either unproven or discarded too soon but came good, the potential for a young manager to do the same can`t be ignored.

Fullarton had all the credentials - played at a high level, lots of contacts (:doh:), done all the coaching badges, etc. Sadly, rather than being a Gregory or a Vardy, he has turned out to  be a Rainford or Stott. The experiment has failed. I`ve run out of adjectives to describe how clueless and inept the guy is, but even he must know he is stealing a wage packet.

A mod’s jacket has got loads of badges but I wouldn’t make them a club manager

7 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

A mod’s jacket has got loads of badges but I wouldn’t make them a club manager

That rules out a couple of our fans then

On 2/11/2019, 9:35:35, Hoddie said:

JF was worth a punt but was on a hiding to nothing from the very start. So many supporters were against him because of his only previous short-lived managerial experience, but objectively, that was an unfair judgement given the circumstances.

My memory tells me a very different story. Fans were curious about the appoitnment but welcomed it with open arms all the same, and Fullarton has faced a pretty civil reception compared to the brainless jackals who hated Heath at his highest points and seemed to delight in seeing him fail on our club's behalf. Even at the last game at Chesterfield though a few fans tried to get Fullarton Out going, it just doesn't reverberate around half empty stadia like that absolute banger 'Heath out' that got everyone going for 3/4 of Billy Heath's tenure.

Fullarton's start with us was brilliant. We musn't forget that! I was overjoyed and thought we'd found our man. Those two wins against Sutton and Borehamwood were a masterclass, regardless of him then playing the same 11 against Torquay- a poor afterthought. At the end of last season no fan would have doubted him really. 5 games into the season I still thought this. But since then his stubbornness and the neutral boredom of his tactics have been unparalleled with so many chances to turn it around. Billy Heath's footie was industrious to put it as nicely as possible, but you could guarantee several players on the pitch putting in tackles like the two that Ben Tomlinson put in with his first two touches of the ball on Saturday. Now we are looking leeched and lifeless and I am genuinely worried that we are facing relegation with or without Fullarton.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

My memory tells me a very different story. Fans were curious about the appoitnment but welcomed it with open arms all the same, and Fullarton has faced a pretty civil reception compared to the brainless jackals who hated Heath at his highest points and seemed to delight in seeing him fail on our club's behalf. Even at the last game at Chesterfield though a few fans tried to get Fullarton Out going, it just doesn't reverberate around half empty stadia like that absolute banger 'Heath out' that got everyone going for 3/4 of Billy Heath's tenure.

Fullarton's start with us was brilliant. We musn't forget that! I was overjoyed and thought we'd found our man. Those two wins against Sutton and Borehamwood were a masterclass, regardless of him then playing the same 11 against Torquay- a poor afterthought. At the end of last season no fan would have doubted him really. 5 games into the season I still thought this. But since then his stubbornness and the neutral boredom of his tactics have been unparalleled with so many chances to turn it around. Billy Heath's footie was industrious to put it as nicely as possible, but you could guarantee several players on the pitch putting in tackles like the two that Ben Tomlinson put in with his first two touches of the ball on Saturday. Now we are looking leeched and lifeless and I am genuinely worried that we are facing relegation with or without Fullarton.

Brainless Jackals who disliked Heath were really brainy people who knew their football and knew a pub team manager when they saw one. As was proved.

23 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Brainless Jackals who disliked Heath were really brainy people who knew their football and knew a pub team manager when they saw one. As was proved.

And Fullarton is ? A stubborn fool that not satisfied with reading all the coaching manuels, he also ate them !

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

He was given almost everybody's full support from the start, and I don't recall hearing anyone wishing him ill then. In fact, after a month in charge up to late August the majority of people were pollyannaish enough to believe we'd be playoff contenders this season at least.

Meanwhile, he's been given the full backing by the club like no other manager of ours has enjoyed in the board's tenure. He wanted a "full-time model" and got it, on the back of unaffordable pricing at the gates, resulting in a Mexican standoff between fans unconvinced by £340 season tickets and a board that would only allow players signed once the income had come in, following from early signings such as Odelusi and McLeod being painted as exciting prospects.

Over this season we've then gone from Heath's signings of generally decent people (Denton, King, Clarke, Moyo...) giving it their all regardless of capability, to #proballerz with little bottle and a woman beater from three leagues below. We've drawn or lost almost every game over the last six calendar months yet, compared to Heath getting it the weekend after we bowed out from a seven-game FA Cup run, we only got people loudly calling for his dismissal this weekend. We've had little sign anywhere that the football, harder to watch than Heath's and even less successful, will change apart from testimonials about how great the training sessions are.

He's been given a unique chance at this club and being given all the support within reason (and someone without reason at all, jgn1), he'll have exacerbated the D-Buz's trust issues like no other.

I love it how I always get mentioned in your posts. Obsessed much?

Oh and the guy that served his time as punishment left months ago. Get over it.