Well Done Eggers On The Result

24 posts in this topic

Got more than we did against Salford too. That is how bad things are for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can have a look at some of the south stand end on there twitter page for anyone that wants to have a look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

.....hope you didn't wreck the pitch!

No just the Leythers....:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIs Frank The Tank still playing on the wing??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chadders said:

IIs Frank The Tank still playing on the wing??

Lives a bit too close to you for name calling......;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

.....hope you didn't wreck the pitch!

If they have it will destroy our free-flowing, pacy attacking football on Saturday:doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eddies mate said:

Lives a bit too close to you for name calling......;)

Ha that's his Twitter name.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Good game, good atmosphere, good win. Nice to see a victory 

 

8EB81C7C-6EA5-4C69-837D-DD1E13BC3176.jpeg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chadders said:

IIs Frank The Tank still playing on the wing??

 

4 hours ago, eddies mate said:

Lives a bit too close to you for name calling......;)

 

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Ha that's his Twitter name.

Plus he wouldn't catch me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rugby club are in the second tier of their sport , remind me ,what tier are we in ?, I wonder what sort of crowds we would get if we were in the 2nd tier of our sport , Leeds , Forest , Villa , Sheffield United , Hull , Blackburn at the Shay compared to Borehamwood , Eastleigh , Ebbsfleet , Havant and Waterlooville , and not forgetting Solihull Moors .

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently nearly half the crowd was from Leigh so a long way to go for them yet.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angus said:

If they have it will destroy our free-flowing, pacy attacking football on Saturday:doh:

It will be like giving Picasso a John Bull printing kit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monk said:

The rugby club are in the second tier of their sport , remind me ,what tier are we in ?, I wonder what sort of crowds we would get if we were in the 2nd tier of our sport , Leeds , Forest , Villa , Sheffield United , Hull , Blackburn at the Shay compared to Borehamwood , Eastleigh , Ebbsfleet , Havant and Waterlooville , and not forgetting Solihull Moors .

 

Aye the 2nd tier of a local dying sport with this as a relative local derby. 2nd of tiddlywinks has more global appeal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Aye the 2nd tier of a local dying sport with this as a relative local derby. 2nd of tiddlywinks has more global appeal

We will never get to the 2nd tier of football though... plus comparing football attendances to rugby is silly . Go to a fax game and you will see the massive difference, many many children and families, face painting for kids, loads of cheerleaders etc, compared to the awful experience at the shay for the football on and off the pitch and will only get worse if we get relegated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

We will never get to the 2nd tier of football though... plus comparing football attendances to rugby is silly . Go to a fax game and you will see the massive difference, many many children and families, face painting for kids, loads of cheerleaders etc, compared to the awful experience at the shay for the football on and off the pitch and will only get worse if we get relegated 

We have tried face painting and free admission for kids etc, however to a man we all agree the pricing structure for under 16's needs looking at. Not sure what the rugby charge for under 16's but for me another issue which puts families off are people being injured by flares in the south stand, away coaches being attacked and damaged, fighting in the East Stand car park and surrounding areas, streakers etc etc.. Mark you have young children and even if the price was right and affordable would you bring your kids into an environment like this??   

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chadders said:

We have tried face painting and free admission for kids etc, however to a man we all agree the pricing structure for under 16's needs looking at. Not sure what the rugby charge for under 16's but for me another issue which puts families off are people being injured by flares in the south stand, away coaches being attacked and damaged, fighting in the East Stand car park and surrounding areas, streakers etc etc.. Mark you have young children and even if the price was right and affordable would you bring your kids into an environment like this??   

And thats without punishing them by making them watch what takes place on the pitch.

You`d have social service around in no time.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chadders said:

We have tried face painting and free admission for kids etc, however to a man we all agree the pricing structure for under 16's needs looking at. Not sure what the rugby charge for under 16's but for me another issue which puts families off are people being injured by flares in the south stand, away coaches being attacked and damaged, fighting in the East Stand car park and surrounding areas, streakers etc etc.. Mark you have young children and even if the price was right and affordable would you bring your kids into an environment like this??   

Them incidents are few and far between these days , last time I saw trouble in the East Stand car park was Corby , that's a while back and could have been avoided with better stewarding , once a coach was attacked verbally which is nothing , two steakers to my knowledge .

The Shay is imo a much safer place than it was in the late 70's and 80' when Chesterfield fans were running amok with Knives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, monk said:

Them incidents are few and far between these days , last time I saw trouble in the East Stand car park was Corby , that's a while back and could have been avoided with better stewarding , once a coach was attacked verbally which is nothing , two steakers to my knowledge .

The Shay is imo a much safer place than it was in the late 70's and 80' when Chesterfield fans were running amok with Knives.

The coach claimed it was punched...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chadders said:

We have tried face painting and free admission for kids etc, however to a man we all agree the pricing structure for under 16's needs looking at. Not sure what the rugby charge for under 16's but for me another issue which puts families off are people being injured by flares in the south stand, away coaches being attacked and damaged, fighting in the East Stand car park and surrounding areas, streakers etc etc.. Mark you have young children and even if the price was right and affordable would you bring your kids into an environment like this??   

The issues you raise are issues that stewards and police are tasked with preventing . I'm sure that not all 12 - 16 year olds are c***s, though Halifax does appear to have its fair share, I'm guessing that most Towns and Cities also have their fair share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The issues you raise are issues that stewards and police are tasked with preventing . I'm sure that not all 12 - 16 year olds are c***s, though Halifax does appear to have its fair share, I'm guessing that most Towns and Cities also have their fair share

Agree and never said they were all bad eggs but tough action neeeds to be taken for those found culpable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, chadders said:

Agree and never said they were all bad eggs but tough action neeeds to be taken for those found culpable.

Hopefully the courts of law will come down heavy on the two arrested and any more that are identified on cctv, it's always a delicate area and the system so often fails to deliver true justice

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, monk said:

Them incidents are few and far between these days , last time I saw trouble in the East Stand car park was Corby , that's a while back and could have been avoided with better stewarding , once a coach was attacked verbally which is nothing , two steakers to my knowledge .

The Shay is imo a much safer place than it was in the late 70's and 80' when Chesterfield fans were running amok with Knives.

Agreed things are not as bad as back then; however there was trouble pre match the last time Tranmere came and also post match on the way to the 3 Pigs v Hartlepool. Plus we have had a few flare issues too in the meantime coupled with what happened at Chesterfield does nothing to encourage families.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now