Well Done Eggers On The Result

24 posts in this topic

Got more than we did against Salford too. That is how bad things are for us.

You can have a look at some of the south stand end on there twitter page for anyone that wants to have a look. 

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

.....hope you didn't wreck the pitch!

No just the Leythers....:D

IIs Frank The Tank still playing on the wing??

4 minutes ago, chadders said:

Lives a bit too close to you for name calling......;)

2 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

.....hope you didn't wreck the pitch!

If they have it will destroy our free-flowing, pacy attacking football on Saturday:doh:

2 hours ago, eddies mate said:

Ha that's his Twitter name.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Good game, good atmosphere, good win. Nice to see a victory 

8EB81C7C-6EA5-4C69-837D-DD1E13BC3176.jpeg

2 people like this

4 hours ago, chadders said:

4 hours ago, eddies mate said:

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Ha that's his Twitter name.

Plus he wouldn't catch me :)

The rugby club are in the second tier of their sport , remind me ,what tier are we in ?, I wonder what sort of crowds we would get if we were in the 2nd tier of our sport , Leeds , Forest , Villa , Sheffield United , Hull , Blackburn at the Shay compared to Borehamwood , Eastleigh , Ebbsfleet , Havant and Waterlooville , and not forgetting Solihull Moors .

1 person likes this

Apparently nearly half the crowd was from Leigh so a long way to go for them yet.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Angus said:

If they have it will destroy our free-flowing, pacy attacking football on Saturday:doh:

It will be like giving Picasso a John Bull printing kit!

1 hour ago, monk said:

The rugby club are in the second tier of their sport , remind me ,what tier are we in ?, I wonder what sort of crowds we would get if we were in the 2nd tier of our sport , Leeds , Forest , Villa , Sheffield United , Hull , Blackburn at the Shay compared to Borehamwood , Eastleigh , Ebbsfleet , Havant and Waterlooville , and not forgetting Solihull Moors .

Aye the 2nd tier of a local dying sport with this as a relative local derby. 2nd of tiddlywinks has more global appeal

9 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Aye the 2nd tier of a local dying sport with this as a relative local derby. 2nd of tiddlywinks has more global appeal

We will never get to the 2nd tier of football though... plus comparing football attendances to rugby is silly . Go to a fax game and you will see the massive difference, many many children and families, face painting for kids, loads of cheerleaders etc, compared to the awful experience at the shay for the football on and off the pitch and will only get worse if we get relegated 

15 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

We will never get to the 2nd tier of football though... plus comparing football attendances to rugby is silly . Go to a fax game and you will see the massive difference, many many children and families, face painting for kids, loads of cheerleaders etc, compared to the awful experience at the shay for the football on and off the pitch and will only get worse if we get relegated 

We have tried face painting and free admission for kids etc, however to a man we all agree the pricing structure for under 16's needs looking at. Not sure what the rugby charge for under 16's but for me another issue which puts families off are people being injured by flares in the south stand, away coaches being attacked and damaged, fighting in the East Stand car park and surrounding areas, streakers etc etc.. Mark you have young children and even if the price was right and affordable would you bring your kids into an environment like this??   

1 person likes this

We have tried face painting and free admission for kids etc, however to a man we all agree the pricing structure for under 16's needs looking at. Not sure what the rugby charge for under 16's but for me another issue which puts families off are people being injured by flares in the south stand, away coaches being attacked and damaged, fighting in the East Stand car park and surrounding areas, streakers etc etc.. Mark you have young children and even if the price was right and affordable would you bring your kids into an environment like this??   

And thats without punishing them by making them watch what takes place on the pitch.

You`d have social service around in no time.

1 person likes this

Them incidents are few and far between these days , last time I saw trouble in the East Stand car park was Corby , that's a while back and could have been avoided with better stewarding , once a coach was attacked verbally which is nothing , two steakers to my knowledge .

The Shay is imo a much safer place than it was in the late 70's and 80' when Chesterfield fans were running amok with Knives.

15 minutes ago, monk said:

Them incidents are few and far between these days , last time I saw trouble in the East Stand car park was Corby , that's a while back and could have been avoided with better stewarding , once a coach was attacked verbally which is nothing , two steakers to my knowledge .

The Shay is imo a much safer place than it was in the late 70's and 80' when Chesterfield fans were running amok with Knives.

The coach claimed it was punched...:lol:

6 hours ago, chadders said:

The issues you raise are issues that stewards and police are tasked with preventing . I'm sure that not all 12 - 16 year olds are c***s, though Halifax does appear to have its fair share, I'm guessing that most Towns and Cities also have their fair share

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The issues you raise are issues that stewards and police are tasked with preventing . I'm sure that not all 12 - 16 year olds are c***s, though Halifax does appear to have its fair share, I'm guessing that most Towns and Cities also have their fair share

Agree and never said they were all bad eggs but tough action neeeds to be taken for those found culpable.

29 minutes ago, chadders said:

Agree and never said they were all bad eggs but tough action neeeds to be taken for those found culpable.

Hopefully the courts of law will come down heavy on the two arrested and any more that are identified on cctv, it's always a delicate area and the system so often fails to deliver true justice

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, monk said:

Agreed things are not as bad as back then; however there was trouble pre match the last time Tranmere came and also post match on the way to the 3 Pigs v Hartlepool. Plus we have had a few flare issues too in the meantime coupled with what happened at Chesterfield does nothing to encourage families.