Town Vs Aldershot.

37 posts in this topic

This is obviously a huge game. Why not drop the price to £15 for adults and kids in free? We All Go Where The Shaymen Go and We're All On Our Way, blaring out over the tannoy. Get the South Stand Loyal to sing their hearts out and really try and be that 12th man the team need at the moment.

Thoughts.

Good idea indeed. Clean sheet is required its the only way we are going to have a chance of winning. 

I'm still hoping i'm going to wake up in the morning and see the manager has been sacked. I know not likely 

More like £10. Only die hards are interested in watching this dross at the moment. I know too many 'diehards' including myself who used to always go no matter what but aren't going now. Its awful 

Dont know about us being the 12th man, i think its about 14 we need

1 person likes this

Really contemplating even going to this game. It’s absolute crap at the moment just no excitement or anything whilst he’s in charge! 

Too many diehard fans not even bothering going to games. 

1 person likes this

I understand peoples frustration but there is no excuse to desert your club in its hour of need. Hardly diehard is it?  

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I understand peoples frustration but there is no excuse to desert your club in its hour of need. Hardly diehard is it?  

Some endure under severe torture some don't, even the SAS would find being a Shayman hard going.

1 person likes this

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I think the problem is that there would appear to be no signs of consistent improvement in the performance of the team. 

We are reliant on the occasional good performance such as Harrogate away and Salford at home.

The manager appears to be not for changing from the present game plan which we all know so well.

It is inevitable that eventually you just become fed up of watching the same awful football week after week.

I haven't stopped going yet but the next few games will speak volumes. No wins and the manager's position is untenable.

I can understand Bosomworth being unwilling to let him go for financial reasons but there comes a point where as a supporter your only way of protesting is to vote with your feet.

I hope we win the next two home games to give us some breathing space but it would be a brave person to back us in both in a double!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Is the football on offer worth the £20 admission fee?. I wouldn't be paying in right now. I'm only going because i have a season ticket. 

I'm one of the passionate ones i've done laps of the South stand when we've scored a big goal. I usually gee myself up early in the week for these sorts of games and you know i've tried doing the exaxt same things and all i can return back to is boredom. I know we need to win. Yet i also know Fullarton will send the same tactics out there and the same result will follow. 

387 at Chesterfield that was a good turnout when some on here where saying there wouldn’t be 200 ,Saturday is a massive game Aldershot are totally out of form and are 15 games without a win we need all our diehards there to back us.

1 person likes this

We also need our manager to back the players and let them play naturally and not force his failed tactics and restraints on them. Then and only then is there a chance of getting a positive result.

1 person likes this

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Every game is now a cup final

Don’t tell Mr B he has to go to the tailors again!

There is no doubt that the football over the last year or two has been dire on many occasions. It’s certainly difficult to become motivated to attend, I agree. But the thing is, its easy to join the ten thousand at a Wembley game. Or the thousands who came to the playoff final. It’s harder to attend in these difficult times but the truth is that the team need supporting now more than ever. It’s been said that if we go down we will struggle to get back and I think that’s true. To walk away now and to think that in doing so I may in some small way contribute to our relegation goes against more than 50 years of watching usually turgid stuff. So I will be there, supporting. I am sure that supporters, however disappointed they are feeling with the current state of play, will joe there as well.

Aldershot play Solihull at home tomorrow so will be knackered Saturday.

Just now, dj funky said:

Luckily for them we take it easy against teams and let them have a lot of the ball whilst we build up that emotional pyramid and decide of uncles are aunts and vice versa. 

1 person likes this

Will be told the old chestnut that this is hard game and that the fans will have to be patient while we find out a way to break them down zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 person likes this

What I want to know is why aren't we boring them to death, after all it works on our fans.

4 hours ago, dj funky said:

Nil nil then.

Aldershot should be good for a goal . 0-1.

53 minutes ago, peter france said:

As a fellow scot once said "Were doomed, doomed  i say" Mr Mannering

You mean this gentleman ?

91075302-7F25-4B23-86C9-FF451E692D2E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, shaymanandy said:

You mean this gentleman ?

91075302-7F25-4B23-86C9-FF451E692D2E.jpeg

We have the anti to this man. We have one that says we're fine everythings fine.