Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today’s Game: Chesterfield

204 posts in this topic

DB should take note if we are relegated we will not be returning any time soon as the CN is a harder league than the crap we are in. It will be harder to attract good players in a league below and believe you me the budgets from other clubs are just as bad as in this league. ie look at Alfreton the number of players they have signed and where they are (I bet their budget was bigger than ours this season).

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

DB should take note if we are relegated we will not be returning any time soon as the CN is a harder league than the crap we are in. It will be harder to attract good players in a league below and believe you me the budgets from other clubs are just as bad as in this league. ie look at Alfreton the number of players they have signed and where they are (I bet their budget was bigger than ours this season).

I do not think many fans will be returning either.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Doesn’t suprise me if they did. Crowds would drop dramatically. 

Edited by TJAshton

What's it going to be on Saturday? Usual "take the sting out of it and manage the game in the first half. Then after we have worn them down have a go for it and if we don't succeed at least we'll get a point" Or " Go for it full throttle" ? No answers please. I think we all know the answer. Expect another mind numbing ground out affair just like the Braintree game. I really hope I am wrong

2 hours ago, quizmaster said:

What's it going to be on Saturday? Usual "take the sting out of it and manage the game in the first half. Then after we have worn them down have a go for it and if we don't succeed at least we'll get a point" Or " Go for it full throttle" ? No answers please. I think we all know the answer. Expect another mind numbing ground out affair just like the Braintree game. I really hope I am wrong

Apparently it should be “a cracker”. 

Went to Proact stadium on basis of Salford. 

Came home in near dispair. 

No cohesion as said. 

Passion of Tomlinson needs to spread throughout. 

What has JF and DB to say to those who travelled?? 

Reading the interview with Phil Hughes it would appear he is as deluded as Fullarton.

Doesn't he realise that the same game plan that is being used week in week out simply isn't working?

How are Aldershot 'a very good side' when they are below us in the league? We must be a brilliant side?

All this keeping it tight game plan needs to be changed and we need to take the game to Aldershot from the start otherwise it will end with the same result.

Very poor challenge by Brown on Boden for the penalty - gave the referee no option.

If Quigley can't score from a chance like that at the end then he won't score. Absolute sitter missed.

Don't blame Fullarton because its never his fault, its the players who don't follow orders.

27 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Don't blame Fullarton because its never his fault, its the players who don't follow orders.

Can you blame them?

I wouldn`t trust Fullarton to order a takeaway.

2 people like this

Who would you rather have in charge. Fullarton and Hughes or Aspin and Collins ?.

Just now, shaycrazy said:

Who would you rather have in charge. Fullarton and Hughes or Aspin and Collins ?.

None of the above.

1 person likes this

Claire Williams from Williams FI racing who have just endured a winless season (a bit of a similar scenario to a certain football club I know of) has said:-

“I think that just trying to change one thing or doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome isn’t going to steer you in the direction in which you need to be going",

Silly woman. She needs to speak to Fullarton, he`ll put her straight.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Reading the interview with Phil Hughes it would appear he is as deluded as Fullarton.

Doesn't he realise that the same game plan that is being used week in week out simply isn't working?

How are Aldershot 'a very good side' when they are below us in the league? We must be a brilliant side?

All this keeping it tight game plan needs to be changed and we need to take the game to Aldershot from the start otherwise it will end with the same result.

Very poor challenge by Brown on Boden for the penalty - gave the referee no option.

If Quigley can't score from a chance like that at the end then he won't score. Absolute sitter missed.

The last striker we had who was a hit in the Wlesh Premier league was a certain Ashley Stott,says it all really

1 hour ago, Angus said:

Claire Williams from Williams FI racing who have just endured a winless season (a bit of a similar scenario to a certain football club I know of) has said:-

“I think that just trying to change one thing or doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome isn’t going to steer you in the direction in which you need to be going",

Silly woman. She needs to speak to Fullarton, he`ll put her straight.

Definition of madness. Repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Bazza2al said:

Apparently it should be “a cracker”. 

I'm riveted. Cant wait for a full throttle all out attack from town.

On 09/02/2019, 20:45:05, Papa Lazarou said:

Slight change, take Denton on loan and take Quigley out of the starting 11 

Controversial. I would be 50/50 on the Denton loan. Pro's and con's. A lot would depend on wages too PL. If Chesterfield pay his wages then why not? We need something. Also, Southwell could play off Denton in a 4 4 2. 

As it stands. Still outside the relegation zone however next week is a BIG week. We must win both those home games and ideally get something at Maidstone. Come on Shaymen   

I have accepted that we are going down this season, the stats show over the last few months we are heading that way and our manager doesn't have a clue on how to stop the rot and change things possibly for the better (could it get any worse). It strange really that since I accepted this I no longer get upset by the results and performances and find I am looking forward to the summer to see who is going to be given the task of trying to get us out of the North (wonder if Heath will be available? that was a joke by the way :D).

It would seem JGN1 is running out of steam . . . thank goodness! Let hope we stop up, but his ship sailed long ago on his blind faith in everything JF.

27 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

As it stands. Still outside the relegation zone however next week is a BIG week. We must win both those home games and ideally get something at Maidstone. Come on Shaymen   

And what if we dont win both them games? What if we lose both them games?

Chesterfield keeper gets in the Vanarama National League team of the week. 

14 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I read the Chesterfield papers write up and I think that's 3 clean sheets in a row he's kept now. Looks like they'll pull away from the drop zone and will probably be lower mid table by the end of the season.

51 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

What for?

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

One save ? Big Sam did more than he did

On 9 February 2019 17:07:39, ashy1966 said:

Full of hot air & nothing else is this manager.People can defend all they like.At the end of the day.He simply isn't,t up to the job...

He's one of these modern managers like Darren Kelly, Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool. 

Theyre full of guff and their interviews wouldn't look out of place if David Brent was saying it on the Office. 

Pyramids of emotion, Application and Attitude, Blind Pressure! Honestly what the **** does it all mean!! 

I feel Fullarton's reign is coming to an end and when it does, I urge Bosimworth to change tack and go with somebody who is no nonsense and not full of stupid phrases that mean naff all.  

3 people like this