Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Today’s Game: Chesterfield

204 posts in this topic

Aldershot have a terrible record over the last 16 games it just announced on Sky, wonder if they will turn it around on Saturday at the Shay though? Hopefully not, but the only reason being having departed company with Joker Jamie. Worst manager we have had ever, at least DK had us scoring goals.

Second half totally unacceptable we made them look good. We did not pass well and struggled to hold onto the ball resorting to hoofing it anywhere upfield usually straight to their guy and coming straight back for them to mount another attack as it did when they won their penalty. Apart from first ten minutes of the first half we were in the game without creating much . Quigley should have better at the death with his header 

2 people like this

Old man reminiscing alert.  If you attended Mr Rorke's meeting at the Victoria in the early eighties you may remember that Allan Clarke attended and spoke (he didn't have to).  He was a man of few words and basically stood up, said "the only thing that matters is winning" and sat down.  If he had been manager of us this season he would have resigned in November.

2 people like this

To be fair today I thought King had a poor game for his standards. The game just seemed to bypass him.

3 people like this

15 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Take a defender off, take a defensive midfielder off... nah... he takes an attacking option off. Pathetic 

Then he shoves Brown, a defender, in attack.

Maybe he doesn't look at the score never mind the table.

Just now, Guido said:

To be fair today I thought King had a poor game for his standards. The game just seemed to bypass him.

Berrett too but they weren't on their own

2 people like this

Just now, chadders said:

Berrett too but they weren't on their own

I’m keeping positive Tel :) only because it’s Tracey Barlows round :D

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, chadders said:

Second half totally unacceptable we made them look good. We did not pass well and struggled to hold onto the ball resorting to hoofing it anywhere upfield usually straight to their guy and coming straight back for them to mount another attack as it did when they won their penalty. Apart from first ten minutes of the first half we were in the game without creating much . Quigley should have better at the death with his header 

How many times are you going to say unacceptable this season?We can't carry on like this.Something has to give.

He has blamed injured players for this very poor season.Players are returning & it it is the same old story.

Just remember this quote a player that scores goals is not a goal scorer.That has to be the most bizarre quote in football.

Just now, ashy1966 said:

How many times are you going to say unacceptable this season?We can't carry on like this.Something has to give.

He has blamed injured players for this very poor season.Players are returning & it it is the same old story.

Just remember this quote a player that scores goals is not a goal scorer.That has to be the most bizarre quote in football.

But we can all take solace in the fact the training set up and JF office at the training site are brilliant! Even though we have a crap manager and doopy board.

2 people like this

Why bother signing Ferry to sit on the bench every week and watch out non productive midfield lump it out for a throw in every 5 minutes.. oh yeah, to play at Ossett on a cold Tuesday and get beat (again).. absolutely clueless

1 person likes this

Being realistic, Fullarton isn`t going anywhere in a hurry (that applies to both his employment and his career).

No amount of bile and sarcasm on here (and I have contributed on more than one occasion) is going to pressurise the board into doing what needs to be done. The only way DB will consider the unrest of the supporters is if they fail to go through the turnstiles. As long as you turn up and pay you are giving tacit approval to the continued employment of arguably the most inept manager of recent times.

There is a very real possibility that Fullarton will take us down. If that happens, it won`t be down to bad luck, other clubs budgets, fixture backlogs etc - it will purely on merit. If (when?) that happens, what happens to Fullarton? No point in paying him off then, the horse will have truly bolted, been caught, shot, and turned into Pedigree Chum. Sticking with him, can anyone except JGN1, Scot or anyone not on some really serious medication see him challenging for promotion (or even keeping us in National North)?

Turn up and pay your 20 quid against Aldershot, help to keep Fullarton in a job and get us relegated .

If we lose against Aldershot then it looks very bad indeed. If I was a betting man and we lose next Saturday I would not back us to stay up.

JF HAS to start picking an attacking line up. He needs Kossy and Tommo out wide and he needs Quigley and Southwell up top. Berrett and King in the middle. I know King and Berrett played today but those two have to make up the midfield and no one else. Get at teams from the off and if Browny and Clarkey aren't quick enough to not have Maher in front covering then let's try Staunton instead of one of them.

If we don't beat Aldershot then it's throw the kitchen sink at the opposition in every game and to hell with this defensive approach because it's relegation otherwise.

3 people like this

Just got back. Went today. Apart from the 1st 10 mins we were awful. What happened to the team that battered Salford? We sat back and surrended midfield yet all we do is mark space and not men.Never close enough to close a man down or win a 2nd ball. When we got the ball there was no one to pass it to who was not isolated. All we do is give the ball to Kossy and hope he creates something out of nothing. There was no drive going forward, no passion, no sense of belief.Chesterfield were poor and there for the taking but we never really got at them and had a go. Very deflating and awful to watch.

We only came to life when Tommo came on but it was too little too late. JF is clueless. Nothing against Maher but why was Ferry on the bench? Quigley is an absolute powder puff with about as much physical presence as Kylie Minogue. He should have buried he headed chance at the end. Skarz is slow and cumbersome. Sellars has pace and a long throw and offers an attacking threat to get the goals we desperately need. Ducky is playing well and played in some nice balls  today but oh how we miss the runs forward from Hanson, who was having a brilliant season till the jock clown dropped him.He didn't even make the bench today.

If we lose to Aldershot next week Mr pyramids of emotions has to go. Football has never been so hard on the eye as it has been under this uncharismatic, uninspiring clown.

Edited by quizmaster
extra information
3 people like this

This club is going nowhere with the joker in the managers seat and the jokers in the boardroom.

More and more dissenting voices and suddenly DB wants to speak to the fans and get their opinions.

Sorry David, 10 years too late, you and your sorry little empire are getting exactly what they deserve.

Somebody wake me when the real Halifax Town are re-formed.

4 people like this

Thought Preston and King were poor today . Stupid foul by Brown cost us but in all honesty, if we were still playing we wouldn't have scored

1 person likes this

There must be a power cut or no Wi-Fi signal in Glasgow and JGN1s abode this evening. Their golden one is cooked I'm afraid.

Interesting to note that Fullarton hasn't done an interview tonight...

Why does he get another game? 

Even if he wins its just a lucky win. Its not the start of a turnaround. Fullarton doesn't know what he's doing wrong that for me has to be the end of the road. He can't turn this around 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

This club is going nowhere with the joker in the managers seat and the jokers in the boardroom.

More and more dissenting voices and suddenly DB wants to speak to the fans and get their opinions.

Sorry David, 10 years too late, you and your sorry little empire are getting exactly what they deserve.

Somebody wake me when the real Halifax Town are re-formed.

In fairness the old Halifax Town did have ling periods of hopelessness as well! 

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Interesting to note that Fullarton hasn't done an interview tonight...

Agreed. Maybe that’s the first indicator of a man on his way out the door. 

Just now, Juryeff said:

Agreed. Maybe that’s the first indicator of a man on his way out the door. 

My rant from the taxi may of just swayed David :D

1 hour ago, Danzig said:

First away game this season and been to most of the home games. 

We have no midfield AT ALL.

Strikers who never score.

Not usually one to jump on the manager merry go round but this guy needs to go. Until then I think that's me done for the season.

We have no midfield because our muppet manager chooses to play them in front of the back four in the last 1/4 of the pitch and forbids them from going over the halfway line, just in case the opposition have the temerity to attack us.Does he know that a midfielder's job is also to support the attack and chip in with the odd goal? Is this page missing from his coaching manual? Did he only ever get to play in defence when he was playing attack and defence as a kid with jumpers for goal posts? Is this why he is so defence minded and unambitious? He is so pig headed he hasn't realised his tactics are not working.I would vote with my feet if I hadn't been conned into buying a season ticket with the promise of playing expansive football and going full time on the same basis as other full time teams.Rant over.

1 person likes this

Attendance will be at least two down on Saturday as my wife and daughter are going to watch a tragedy, 'Romeo and Juliet' at the Alhambra, me and my son may use our season tickets to what a Scottish tragedy at the Shay.

Edited by Caygillwashere

Brown cost us a point today simple as that. That aside the lack of threat in the opponents 3rd of the pitch is becoming more than a worry. Something has to change, but I am not sure what can be done 

Edited by Papa Lazarou