Random image of the day

442 posts in this topic

On 07/05/2019, 09:20:43, kirkbymoorsidesteve said:

yes the great escape season 72/73, town won their last four games, with walsall  the last game of the season , rotherham were relegated by the margin of 4 goals

shaymen  for and against 43-53 rotherham 51-65 both on 41 points

I made my father ring Walsall at half and full-time to see what the score was; there was no reporting of the game and you were lucky if you got the result on the Radio 2 sports bulleting at 9.55. In those days, there was also someone there to answer the phone at those times.

Today's image is a Courier Article from the 23rd March 2019. Produced by on loan midfielder James Ferry he discusses living away from home with other footballers in the same situation. Pictured are Jonathan Edwards & Cameron King 

22-03-2019 Jonathan Edwards & Cameron King (Courier)

2 people like this

Today's image is the goings on in the Fourth Division. Featured in Reading's Matchday programme when the hosted The Shaymen. 3rd September 1977. 

03-09-1977 Reading 2-1 Halifax Town 3

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, nw3casc1 said:

Who are Barnsley Town...

Is that a chant?

1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Did we lose that 3-0? If so, I was there.

Lost 2-1 according to the history book! 

1 person likes this

Today's image is of Kevin Hulme collecting his Man of The Match award for the previous home game vs Kidderminster Harriers. The photo published in the following home games programme vs Hereford United 22nd November 1997

(Programme) 22-11-1997 Halifax Town 3-0 Hereford United 14 (Kevin Hulme)

4 people like this

17 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Today's image is of Kevin Hulme collecting his Man of The Match award for the previous home game vs Kidderminster Harriers. The photo published in the following home games programme vs Hereford United 22nd November 1997

(Programme) 22-11-1997 Halifax Town 3-0 Hereford United 14 (Kevin Hulme)

Great photo. I'm sure Daz has it framed somewhere.

2 people like this

Today's image is of on loan midfielder Matt Crooks. Crooks coming from Huddersfield made 10 appearances scoring 1 goal in the 4-0 home win vs Histon 

(Programme) 09-04-2012 Halifax Town 3-2 Boston United 13 (Matt Crooks)

Today's image is from the 1st October 1988. Town losing 5-3 at Yorkshire rivals York City however pictured is Wayne Allison scoring The Shaymen's second goal. 

01-10-1988 York City 5-3 Halifax Town Wayne Allison scores second goal

2 people like this

Today's image is from the FA Cup 1st Round tie vs rivals Bradford City. 9th November 2014 

09-11-2014 Halifax Town 1-2 Bradford City (FA Cup 1st Round) 17

Posted (edited)

Something a bit different today, I'm going to upload a whole random programme from the 2008/09 season. I didn't scan them in time for last season being ten years since, so kicking us off here is the programme from a 5-2 away win at Bamber Bridge on the 25th October 2008. 

*note the use of the poor 2007/08 rose badge, the coat of arms, and occasionally the correct badge the 'new' club actually used! 

G81qgyK.jpg

Edited by Shaymen Stats

On 12/02/2019, 09:04:26, vinnyweknuts said:

Luckily we are not blighted by 0-0 draws these days 

Or by quite a few of these teams........they are now league sides:unsure:

I only counted three league sides in that table as Yeovil are back in our league again.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I only counted three league sides in that table as Yeovil are back in our league again.

I also only count three - Cheltenham, Morecambe (matter of time before they're down again) and Stevenage 

Today's programme is from the 8th November 2008. The Shaymen travelling to Woodley Sports winning 3-2. The result if I remember rightly sent Town top of the Unibond Division One North table. 

xyRp2N0.jpg

1 person likes this