Random image of the day

54 posts in this topic

I've also started this thread on Caygills Walk but I don't think enough forum users see it so started it on here too? If admons wish it to only remain CW then feel free to remove this thread. 

Michael Midwood vs Runcorn at home. Picture featured in the programme from the 26th March 1996 a game Town drew 2-2 at home to Southport

5c5b0c2ec8a2a_(Programme)26-03-1996HalifaxTown2-2Southport4(MichaelMidwood).jpg.2000f10905d07d5b5e723183dc91ee3d.jpg

3 people like this

Random image of the day - supporters leave Nethermoor into Guiseley after The Shaymen beat The Lions 2-0 in the Blue Square North Playoff Semi Final. 4th May 2013. 

5c5bedf037bb7_04-05-2013Guiseley0-2HalifaxTown(PlayoffSemi-Final2ndLeg)28.JPG.373dd119871dfb51086044eeaf30a5a3.JPG

Edited by Shaymen Stats
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

I've also started this thread on Caygills Walk but I don't think enough forum users see it so started it on here too? If admons wish it to only remain CW then feel free to remove this thread. 

Think these things cheer us up in these black dog days

3 people like this

Today's image - Happy new year 1972! The Shaymen are at Villa Park and lose 1-0. Here is the current league table as featured in the Villa programme. 

FB_IMG_1549611969484.jpg

1 person likes this

No Town players in the leading scorers column -but a couple of ex players -Dave Lennard -Blackpool -pretty sure some of the 9 goals he is credited with would have been for us -and  Tony Field -Blackburn (mid 60's never really impressed with town -think he spent a lot of time on the bench )but went on to have a pretty good career via Barrow scoring quite a few goals 

Yes there’s us in the same league as Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Bournemouth and Brighton. No forgetting old rivals Barnsley, Rochdale and Bradford City.

We didn’t realise how lucky we were and what was to come.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, park drive stand said:

No Town players in the leading scorers column -but a couple of ex players -Dave Lennard -Blackpool -pretty sure some of the 9 goals he is credited with would have been for us -and  Tony Field -Blackburn (mid 60's never really impressed with town -think he spent a lot of time on the bench )but went on to have a pretty good career via Barrow scoring quite a few goals 

Tony was not the most gifted player but would always give 100% always first in and last to leave at training sessions. Biggest transfer for him 100K tp SU. a tidy sum in those days. Finished his playing days in America and believe he still lives there. He lived at Claremount next door to my Brother and attended Tommy Moores when I played gainst him then play with him when a few of us formed Illingworth United before he signed for the Shaymen.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Yes there’s us in the same league as Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Bournemouth and Brighton. No forgetting old rivals Barnsley, Rochdale and Bradford City.

We didn’t realise how lucky we were and what was to come.

in the villa programme  , rochdale united !! ,theres a new one and bobby ham up there in the goals tally for rotherham

Great to hear feedback on this nostalgia :) here is today's image 

Today's image - 5th September 1987 Mick Galloway vs Newport County. Town won 3-1

FB_IMG_1549694741230.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Today's image - 5th September 1987 Mick Galloway vs Newport County. Town won 3-1

FB_IMG_1549694741230.jpg

Random but I seem to remember Gary Brook playing for Newport back then. 

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

FB_IMG_1549694741230.jpg

What a player! 

4 people like this

Image of the day - 8th February 1997 The Shaymen travelled to Gloucester City in the FA Trophy 2nd Round losing 3-0. Here is the line up as published in The Tiger's programme

FB_IMG_1549789965559.jpg

I remember travelling up to that match from Plymouth with a Plymouth Argyle fan. If I remember rightly we were leagues above them and it was a complete shock to me when we were soundly thrashed. The journey back was spent in stone silence.

I'm sure they were what is the equivalent of the Conf South now. If not that the one below? But any performance practically that season under Carroll was shite. 

Amazing what a difference 2 new full-backs and an experienced centre-half made to that side.

1 person likes this

What a tough day that was.

My memory was that Goulding played centre half that day and had a nightmare (as usual).

8 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Image of the day - 8th February 1997 The Shaymen travelled to Gloucester City in the FA Trophy 2nd Round losing 3-0. Here is the line up as published in The Tiger's programme

FB_IMG_1549789965559.jpg

Now, that was a performance to bring tears to the eyes.

58 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

What a tough day that was.

My memory was that Goulding played centre half that day and had a nightmare (as usual).

He was utterly appalling that day.

1 person likes this

Not sure but think that was the game where the stupid police diverted us back home via Ross on Wye with helicopters watching every move even to the service station.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019‎ ‎06‎:‎49‎:‎06, Shaymen Stats said:

FB_IMG_1549694741230.jpg

This was the earliest game I watched that I can remember, didn't we score all 3 goals in the last 10 minutes?

47 minutes ago, ShayW said:

This was the earliest game I watched that I can remember, didn't we score all 3 goals in the last 10 minutes?

Yes apparently so :)

Today's random image - 'Face in The Crowd' from 16th September 1997 programme for the Telford United match 

FB_IMG_1549879131951.jpg

Today's random image - The Nationwide Conference as listed in Doncaster Rover's programme. 20th December 2002 a 0-0 draw. 

(Programme) 20-12-2002 Doncaster Rovers 0-0 Halifax Town 6.jpg

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Today's random image - The Nationwide Conference as listed in Doncaster Rover's programme. 20th December 2002 a 0-0 draw. 

(Programme) 20-12-2002 Doncaster Rovers 0-0 Halifax Town 6.jpg

Luckily we are not blighted by 0-0 draws these days 

1 person likes this