Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Striker available!

27 posts in this topic

And we all know that against all adversity, he will score on Saturday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

And we all know that against all adversity, he will score on Saturday

He will not be playing. New manager uses GPS and Denton was even worse than McLeod.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something tells me Denton read this script last year. 

2 in 16 league apps not exactly an upgrade is it.

Bet Heath was on the phone in seconds

Edited by Greggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He will not be playing. New manager uses GPS and Denton was even worse than McLeod.

That would make Sheridan an even bigger goose that Fullarton, last minute equaliser after coming off the bench . You should always play players against their ex club no matter how little you rate them or how bad they are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So then, as it reads, he's actually hit the net 16 times this season??? That's a goal scorer. Denton was our top scorer two seasons on the bounce, if memory serves me, he finished as our top goal scorer even after Fullerton refused to play him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are lots of criticisms that can be pointed at him, not by me though, he did a job, his goals got us promoted, he doesn't have any pace whatsoever, but when he gets the right ball in the right area then the chances are he will score. 

Now then, I have been slightly critical of Southdale, I have quoted stats that stand as proof that he is not a goal scorer, I would like to bet that if you did the same for Denton his statswould tell a very different story.

Besides which, using the same analogy as above, if Dents signed and then played on Saturday, he would score????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But according to a certain manager Goalscorers do not score goals and If you are not up to GPS you are out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

So then, as it reads, he's actually hit the net 16 times this season??? That's a goal scorer. Denton was our top scorer two seasons on the bounce, if memory serves me, he finished as our top goal scorer even after Fullerton refused to play him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are lots of criticisms that can be pointed at him, not by me though, he did a job, his goals got us promoted, he doesn't have any pace whatsoever, but when he gets the right ball in the right area then the chances are he will score. 

Now then, I have been slightly critical of Southdale, I have quoted stats that stand as proof that he is not a goal scorer, I would like to bet that if you did the same for Denton his statswould tell a very different story.

Besides which, using the same analogy as above, if Dents signed and then played on Saturday, he would score????

No, you’re wrong! Someone who scores goals isn’t a goal scorer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

No, you’re wrong! Someone who scores goals isn’t a goal scorer. 

And don't worry about being in a low league position with the threat of relegation, all you have to do is not look at the league table, BINGO!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

So then, as it reads, he's actually hit the net 16 times this season??? That's a goal scorer. Denton was our top scorer two seasons on the bounce, if memory serves me, he finished as our top goal scorer even after Fullerton refused to play him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are lots of criticisms that can be pointed at him, not by me though, he did a job, his goals got us promoted, he doesn't have any pace whatsoever, but when he gets the right ball in the right area then the chances are he will score. 

Now then, I have been slightly critical of Southdale, I have quoted stats that stand as proof that he is not a goal scorer, I would like to bet that if you did the same for Denton his statswould tell a very different story.

Besides which, using the same analogy as above, if Dents signed and then played on Saturday, he would score????

Via stats pulled on both of them this season. Since Denton moved to Chesterfield he has played 17 league matches. He has scored 2 league goals. 

Since the start of the the season Southwell has scored 6 goals in 30 albeit a poor ratio its still better than Dentons if the pair keep going the way they are now. 

I'm not including his cup goals as ALL of those were scored against evo stik sides that is not the level he is playing at. Nor am i including his goals for Alfreton because these are goals he scored whilst playing at his NATURAL LEVEL 

There is a reason he keeps getting shunned from this division its not just a bloody coincidence. 

He is a conference north player and was our top scorer in that league for which i thank him. As for last season. He was our top goalscorer because Heath REFUSED to drop him. and Fondop whilst not being the answer managed to amass half the amount of goals Denton managed in the last 8 weeks of the season. Nor was it a coincidence that our form picked up once Denton was removed from the team. 

Now i'm bored of having this argument but someone insists on bringing him up every 2 weeks. He's gone. Move on 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greggs:- I'm bored with it just as much as you!!! I'm sick of people constantly harping on about past players and the possibility of their return. I quite agree, move on. BUT, I get sick of people constantly having a go at the lad. He did a job for us and in the history books his stats will show that he was our top scorer on two consecutive seasons.

The stats I was talking about are career stats, not just this season. And all I'm saying is Southwell's dont stand up as a striker who will get 15 / 20 per season. Which is precisely why I have been constantly repeating myself on these threads  saying we need a proven striker or we are in big trouble. I've been saying that since last October!! Quigley is not the answer.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Via stats pulled on both of them this season. Since Denton moved to Chesterfield he has played 17 league matches. He has scored 2 league goals. 

Since the start of the the season Southwell has scored 6 goals in 30 albeit a poor ratio its still better than Dentons if the pair keep going the way they are now. 

I'm not including his cup goals as ALL of those were scored against evo stik sides that is not the level he is playing at. Nor am i including his goals for Alfreton because these are goals he scored whilst playing at his NATURAL LEVEL 

There is a reason he keeps getting shunned from this division its not just a bloody coincidence. 

He is a conference north player and was our top scorer in that league for which i thank him. As for last season. He was our top goalscorer because Heath REFUSED to drop him. and Fondop whilst not being the answer managed to amass half the amount of goals Denton managed in the last 8 weeks of the season. Nor was it a coincidence that our form picked up once Denton was removed from the team. 

Now i'm bored of having this argument but someone insists on bringing him up every 2 weeks. He's gone. Move on 

Why would Heath drop a 1 in 3 striker?

The only person your trying to convince on this is yourself, why are his replacements not scoring?

He's not the answer but one things for sure had he played every game for us this season he would have more than the 4 goals from open play that Southwell has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

But according to a certain manager Goalscorers do not score goals and If you are not up to GPS you are out.

Confused.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Why would Heath drop a 1 in 3 striker?

The only person your trying to convince on this is yourself, why are his replacements not scoring?

He's not the answer but one things for sure had he played every game for us this season he would have more than the 4 goals from open play that Southwell has.

I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. 

The replacements are not scoring because just like under Heath the players are being utilised in the wrong way. 

Denton has been effectivly told he isn't good enough for this level twice now. 

So why exactly has he only bagged 2 in 17 games for Chesterfield if he's soooo much better than Southwell. 

He' s a conference north player simple as that. Emphasised by the fact 14 of his 16 goals have been scored against opposition of that calibre of lower. 

You put a 7 foot giant on the goalline at the back post he's bound to score besides that he offered bugger all and was very quickly worked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He offers more than Quigley and Southwell I'd have him back tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, born to moan said:

He offers more than Quigley and Southwell I'd have him back tomorrow.

Thankfully Fullarton is still in charge so that won't be happening. Wonder why it is that 2 football managers now don't think he offers more? Strange one that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Greggs:- I'm bored with it just as much as you!!! I'm sick of people constantly harping on about past players and the possibility of their return. I quite agree, move on. BUT, I get sick of people constantly having a go at the lad. He did a job for us and in the history books his stats will show that he was our top scorer on two consecutive seasons.

The stats I was talking about are career stats, not just this season. And all I'm saying is Southwell's dont stand up as a striker who will get 15 / 20 per season. Which is precisely why I have been constantly repeating myself on these threads  saying we need a proven striker or we are in big trouble. I've been saying that since last October!! Quigley is not the answer.

To compare Southwell and Denton’s records is ridiculous Southwell has olayed in the Football League with Luton and Wycombe Denton has never been capable of playing at that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

To compare Southwell and Denton’s records is ridiculous Southwell has olayed in the Football League with Luton and Wycombe Denton has never been capable of playing at that level.

So.... that's in the past. More concerned about their current records. Southwell isnt showing that he's had football league ability but he probably has better records on the GPS :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southwell is a very good player imo. Earlier in the season was crying out to be played centrally with the support of someone like King. Quigley has come in and Dayle has been moved wide right when everyone thought Quigley had been brought in to support him. Dayle scores a very good goal against Solihull (I think) from this position but I want to see him played down the middle with king in behind playing the ball on the deck. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Southwell is a very good player imo. Earlier in the season was crying out to be played centrally with the support of someone like King. Quigley has come in and Dayle has been moved wide right when everyone thought Quigley had been brought in to support him. Dayle scores a very good goal against Solihull (I think) from this position but I want to see him played down the middle with king in behind playing the ball on the deck. 

Then you will have to wait until a new manager comes in to have a chance for that to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

To compare Southwell and Denton’s records is ridiculous Southwell has olayed in the Football League with Luton and Wycombe Denton has never been capable of playing at that level.

Thought he did a stint at Huddersfield from Emley/Wakefield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Thought he did a stint at Huddersfield from Emley/Wakefield.

Never played a league game for them though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have yet again fixated on a player!!! I am not having a go at Southwell, as Ive said before, I like the lad. He runs his socks off working for the team. But he is not a natural goalscorer. Quigley has come in not up to match fitness and has yet to hit the target. My complete argument is that we needed and still do need an out and out goal scorer. There must be a player out there screaming for first team football who cant get in their club team due to the current holder of the shirt scoring for fun??? Offer that player/club a good deal till the end of the season. If we had a scorer we would definitely pull clear of the danger zone..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0