What to do Today

51 posts in this topic

Went with my wife to watch her team, Barnsley. Saw 2 things I have not seen for a long time. 2 goals by a team committed to attack. Doesn't seem that long ago that the Tykes were just as cr@p as the we were in the old 4th Division. 

44 minutes ago, chadders said:

Ha, seems you know know less about rugby than you do about football ;)

Can't be right on everything Mr C.England did very well.

Finished a tiling job ive been doing, got back 1ish ,had a salad for dinner, walked into town with the dog for supplies then once back home watched The cockleshell heroes on film four! Saw second half of our thrashing of Ireland .had youngest daughter and grandsughter over for tea. A really good day!

9 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Indeed not many saw that score coming.

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Finished a tiling job ive been doing, got back 1ish ,had a salad for dinner, walked into town with the dog for supplies then once back home watched The cockleshell heroes on film four! Saw second half of our thrashing of Ireland .had youngest daughter and grandsughter over for tea. A really good day!

Therein lies the challenge, other challenges bid for our time and money and if the match day experience is lost then so are the people who attend.

2 people like this

Got to rewire a guitar then going to watch the cricket test Aust v Sri Lanka.   Have to put sun screen on, 35 today.

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, canberracol said:

Got to rewire a guitar then going to watch the cricket test Aust v Sri Lanka.   Have to put sun screen on, 35 today.

What type of guitar? Anything posh like a fender, Gibson or rickenbacker? 

3 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

I haven't noticed......

1 hour ago, canberracol said:

......why not practice on the guitar instead.....as soon as it was ok?

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

10 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Not a chance.Ireland will beat England.

Ever the optimist

1 person likes this

Attend Spurs vs Newcastle, then a quick dash down to Sutton to watch Sutton Common Rovers vs Spelthorne Sports

Day of shopping , warm couch , walk dog writing some training drills , out tea time for few beers with footie lads , a Saturday not ruined by 90 mins of football 

Watched telly sport & sorry to say didn't  miss freezing my nuts off down the Shay, still go to home matches but not with any real passion just a feeling of semi-detachment.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Watched telly sport & sorry to say didn't  miss freezing my nuts off down the Shay, still go to home matches but not with any real passion just a feeling of semi-detachment.

I saw a lot of that the last time I visited The Shay. I remember that  feeling watching the old club when we were skint and didn't know if we'd even finish the end of the season, never mind do well in the league. 

I was thinking to myself that maybe a couple of seasons of poor, goofball football had taken its toll. But, prior to that, apart from the relegation season and even in that season there was the trophy to look forward to, there had been success after success. Is it that our fans have become used to success and are now spoiled and expect it every season? Is it that we've kind of found our level financially and our top quality signings have dried up? Or is it fans are disgruntled with the club? Maybe a combination of them all and some more thrown in. 

I do think JF is right when he says this season is a transitional season. If or when we stay up and he hopeful retail s all the players he needs/wants, I would hope that next season will offer a lot more than this. I honestly think that if we keep ALL the squad barring two players, and bring in quality additions I. Their place along with one more decent player we have the nucleus of a half decent squad. That's when he has to deliver.

Sorry Eric but another season like this with our one man scout will get me looking for Squirrels on Saturday afternoon.

2 people like this

56 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Sorry Eric but another season like this with our one man scout will get me looking for Squirrels on Saturday afternoon.

Red or Grey ?

22 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

What type of guitar? Anything posh like a fender, Gibson or rickenbacker? 

Got two Matons, one Gibson, one Cole Clark, one Art Lutherie, one banjo, one uke, six cigar box guitars and to top it off two didgies. 

3 people like this

On 02/02/2019, 11:35:45, mj85 said:

I was looking forward to a day out seeing Nuneaton get dicked 5-0 at Chorley until the weather ended that plan.

Apparently I'm now going shopping....

See the Borough are up for sale again , 10 investors with £10k a piece needed apparently

4 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

See the Borough are up for sale again , 10 investors with £10k a piece needed apparently

Yeps, train tickets booked to York a week on Saturday! Who knows if that’ll be the final game, again! 

7 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Yeps, train tickets booked to York a week on Saturday! Who knows if that’ll be the final game, again! 

Bloody Nuneaton, Ilkeston, Fleetwood and others, taking all the meaning out of egregiously mismanaging a side, going bust and reforming by doing it over and over again. You give football a bad name.

39 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Bloody Nuneaton, Ilkeston, Fleetwood and others, taking all the meaning out of egregiously mismanaging a side, going bust and reforming by doing it over and over again. You give football a bad name.

Big shout out for egregiously, first time out on the forum

55 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

egregiously 

How I wish I'd seen them play live

1 person likes this