What to do Today

51 posts in this topic

Well!!!! What the hell am I going to do today???? Mrs T has stripped me of me thermals, she reckons they need a wash!!!! Bloody women. I might defrost the Cortina and try getting it warmed up for the trip to Ossett on Tuesday (if Mrs T will let me go out on a cold wintery night). I might dig out me collection of Hx T match day programmes dating back to 1964 and make sure they are all still in the correct order?? God I'm bored!!!

Was heading to BPA but off so might have to be snooker and a few shandies watching England stuff the Irish in the six nations.

1 minute ago, chadders said:

Was heading to BPA but off so might have to be snooker and a few shandies watching England stuff the Irish in the six nations.

CRICKET IS ON Mr.c.

4 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Well!!!! What the hell am I going to do today???? Mrs T has stripped me of me thermals, she reckons they need a wash!!!! Bloody women. I might defrost the Cortina and try getting it warmed up for the trip to Ossett on Tuesday (if Mrs T will let me go out on a cold wintery night). I might dig out me collection of Hx T match day programmes dating back to 1964 and make sure they are all still in the correct order?? God I'm bored!!!

It’ll be strange. Might go watch some proper football today for a change.

Erm thinking about going to watch Ryburn United. 

1 person likes this

Brighouse Town is off if anyone was planning to go to that. 

Bury's sacred quest for truth and freedom continues against Crawley at Gigg Lane this afternoon. You know it makes sense.

1 person likes this

Brighouse, Farsley and Ossett all postponed, looking forward to a football free Saturday wandering the streets pretending that it's summer :P

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It’ll be strange. Might go watch some proper football today for a change.

Erm thinking about going to watch Ryburn United. 

Ryburn United down at Kebroyd?Be amazed if the game is on a terrible pitch like the Shay in the early Eiighties

thought I might go for walk and try and take some snapshots of a Scottish squirrel

2 people like this

Looking for shots of Knott End Squirrels with Mrs Funky then its back to the jungle room to mix the 76/18 cd of A Star Is Born.

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Not a chance.Ireland will beat England.

1 person likes this

Laid on the settee and going to watch the horses. Don't expect any tips because it's cold and I couldn't be bothered going down the shop to buy a racing post let alone sift through the racecards. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

thought I might go for walk and try and take some snapshots of a Scottish squirrel

Good one.Or you could have gone on a 600 mile round scouting mission with Jamie?

The joys of Airtime with my young son and his mate for me this afternoon. All his sporting fixtures have been cancelled this weekend due to the weather. I'd liking being warm and bored rather than being cold and bored. 

Plan was to see a winning team... Brighouse.. called off...

Winter sports on TV for me & following the scores in England & Scotland on futbol24.com

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

I played in the snow with my girls for the first time. And I'd have done that, game or no game :)

Football will always be here, kids growing up only happens the once. Good to see parents interact wioth their kids instead of plonking them in front of the box or console.

1 person likes this

Well!!!! I'm glad you guys all found something worthwhile to fill the afternoon. Mrs T thinks I'm bloody great cos I've fettled the Cortina (No!!! that's not the dogs name), I hope theres no more postponed games cos shes now drawn up a list of things for me to do if more games get called off. And another plus for today, Kosy didn't get booked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skipton market then lunch at The Devonshire Arms in front of a real fire. Rugby on the telly. Nice day out.

1 person likes this

Nice to be happy on a Saturday night and no M62

5 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Oh ye of little faith :shh:

5 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Ha, seems you know know less about rugby than you do about football ;)

3 people like this