Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What did the manager say

20 posts in this topic

can someone give a simple summary of how the meet the manger went the other night 

just cant summon up the courage to read through the abuse of some people on the other thread

it would be nice if anybody posts on this thread actually went 

ie if you did not go don’t post just read what others who did go say :) 

1 person likes this

Well he signed lenighan as we only had 12 fit players apparently. 

We don’t have much money for players as all he bangs on about is Financial restraints. 

Still players are injured. 

A player who scores goals isn’t a goal scorer in his opinion:doh: 

He is a silent or secret Scottish squirell

He is the clubs scout and says he’s trying to bring players in everyday. 

We use a GPS to track players running and fitness etc. 

He looked like he enjoyed his garlic bread and lasagne. 

his assistant manager does naff all, says nothing and he does exactly what he does on the touch line - NAFF ALL.

Comes across a nice guy, tried answering all questions but ended up waffling on.

He didn’t try sign Collins and collins never got in touch with us. 

And finally he doesn’t come on the forum as some strange person advised him he feels like slitting his wrists when he comes on here. Weird thing to say and if he feels that way he shouldn’t bother looking then :lol:

So to sum it up, he’s a nice guy, he’s trying his best, seems confident in turning the season around which I’m not sure about, he’s trying to bring players in and he understands it’s not been a good season. 

And that’s about it really. 

Edited by TJAshton
1 person likes this

Here you go Nick from what I posted the other day;

Credit to Fullarton for agreeing to this tonight but in my honest opinion apart from answering the one question about who’s the club scout to which he answered himself I truly felt that he didn’t answer many questions to the point and went off on a tangent like a qualified politician.

For example, when he was asked about Michael Collins returning to the club and if we ever contacted him or vice versa the question went off more on a tangent about James Berrett being a good player.

To summarise for those who were not in attendance;

1) We do not have a club scout and this is done by Fullarton.

2) States that earlier in the season we had 13 fit players and had to name unfit/injured players on the bench.

3) Stated he didn’t put any Youth team players on the bench when we were short of players as he believes they have to earn and merit a start in the first team and didn’t want to hinder their development. He does not want to give a 1st team appearance out like “confetti”

4) Mekhi was consistently in the bottom 2 on the GPS trackers which the players use in training (the other player was not named) and this is the sole reason we were given as to why he was not utilised more.

5) Stated that Dion Angus is not a goal scorer and his version of one is someone that can score off their back side or their shin.

6) We are not full time and are a hybrid version. We train 3 mornings a week instead of 2 which was part time (Shame Bosomworth didn’t mention this in pre-season when the prices went up for admission and season tickets).

7) He admits not informing fans regarding injuries is his doing and he is trying to improve on this

8) States he has spoken to Kosylo regarding his discipline and without specifically stating it it sounds like we can infer some professional help has been sought to rectify this.

From all the above I feel Fullerton is trying his best and I will back him but he isn’t a charismatic guy and he is what he says he is “a boring Scotsman.”

2 people like this

Thanks both of you, I appreciate your views 

nick 

1 person likes this

Below are what I posted on the thread. I missed the answer about Collins so ignore what I out about that. All in all I thought he came across well.

Felt we learnt a fair bit tonight. More positive about him then negative in the answers he gave.
Interesting to hear that, earlier in the season, the team had 12 or 13 fit players. Conceded communication needs to improve, particularly in terms of the squad and selections. 
Sounds like McLeod had to go. His answer about Kosylo suggested to me that they've involved a sports psychologist to address his temper issues. 
Seems that the intention is to move from 3 days training to 4 days to properly full-time. The gym that's being developed will help address injuries. A work in progress but I reckon there's actual progress to be made with him.
He and I will agree to disagree about Lenighan's contribution however.
As I say, felt he dealt with stuff well and came over okay. 

System like STATSports and the 'Viper' boxes aren't just about how far and fast someone runs, whether in training or in a game. They can monitor a player's health, heart rate and the like as well as balance and the stress they put on their body. 
To use only GPRS and stats from it to assess a player would be crazy.
But Fullarton didn't say that was the only reason for McLeod's departure. He hinted at a general issue with attitude that was reflected in his being second-bottom in the data. And I don't think he sees it as the be all and end all. It's just something they can use. 
Like most on here I suspect, I'm old enough to remember football long before things like GPRS and data-analysis were even thought of. But are we saying that Man City, Barcelona, in fact all top-flight clubs have got it wrong by using it as part of developing their squads? 
We did do things differently. But players also drank like fish and had their knees pumped full of cortisone to play when they needed rest and rehabilitation. Maybe football was better, but it's changed and I can see why he wants to change with it.
Look at the videos of Tomlinson and McDonald's physio sessions on Twitter. New-fangled nonsense? Or just players using technology? Whatever it is, it seems to have helped Tomlinson get back in the team more quickly.

He gave a lot of information about the current set-up in terms of the days they train and future plans in that regard. I didn't know that the plan was to move from 3 days to 4 and then to 'full-time'. He spoke about the gym and the impact that should have in terms of the reduction of injuries. Maybe it was just me but I felt that he'd had to make some demands of the board to get the money for that. Can't recall his precise words but he spoke about the need for investment or finance. The fact they've only had 12 or 13 fit players kind of made his point. I do wonder if that was behind King's unexplained absence from the starting 11 for so long? I wish I'd asked.

Nothing earth-shattering but I wasn't aware that they'd previously shared half a pitch at Calderdale College with a rugby team. 3 days a week isn't perfect but it's progress.

There was a recognition that communication needs to improve. 

As for not answering questions, he was asked about putting youth team players on the bench (I've asked before why Ousman Cham wasn't given a spot) and he gave a very clear answer. Not one many would agree with I suspect, but he couldn't have been clearer in his view and why he does what he does. 

The position was the same for the Dior Angus question. He was asked and he answered. He also seemed to know about the player. I understood what he was getting at when he made the distinction between someone who scores goals and a goalscorer. Seemed to me he was talking about Angus creating a lot in a team that don't (and at a certain level) as opposed to a Shearer/Lineker type player that is always in the right place and will get goals no matter how ugly they may look (hence the comment about scoring with any part of their body). Time will tell if his assessment is an accurate one in terms of Angus.

The Kosylo answer was as detailed as it could be without revealing stuff that nobody would expect to be in the public domain, least of all the player himself I suspect. 

The Southern League bias is evident and he recognised that.

Of course there was some bluster and defection. He didn't directly answer the Collins question from memort. Was that because he couldn't answer it? We'll never know but I get why that was frustrating. The team was crying out for a player like him.

Was the whole 'financial constraints' thing a smokescreen? Again, we may never know but it seemed to me that, if what he said is right, the real questions need to be asked of those at the top. He highlighted the factors the club have to look at over above finance that clubs like Salford don't have to concern themselves with. I can see there's something in that. I got the impression there may be players that they've been interested in but getting them to relocate when the money isn't huge could be a stumbling block.

JF swerving some questions means he's the same as just about every manager in the history of football. I thought he came across as someone who cares about improving the club. Again, time will tell if he can.

1 person likes this

Little hope for the future with his views on youth players which must really help these lads confidence and as for just him doing the scouting shows how tin pot we are.

To think we used to have one of the best scouting teams outside of the football league.

1 person likes this

Why keep scouts like that when the manager can do that, good move Mr B.

29 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Why keep scouts like that when the manager can do that, good move Mr B.

I agree. Fullerton is doing a cracking job at bringing great players in. Lenighan, Odelusi, Mcleod, Edwards just to name a few. 

Edited by TJAshton

Don't forget Lennigan. He was by far the best of that bunch.

1 person likes this

Can't believe we are giving Scot suicidal tendencies :shh:

2 people like this

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Well he signed lenighan as we only had 12 fit players apparently. 

We don’t have much money for players as all he bangs on about is Financial restraints. 

Still players are injured. 

A player who scores goals isn’t a goal scorer in his opinion:doh: 

He is a silent or secret Scottish squirell

He is the clubs scout and says he’s trying to bring players in everyday. 

We use a GPS to track players running and fitness etc. 

He looked like he enjoyed his garlic bread and lasagne. 

his assistant manager does naff all, says nothing and he does exactly what he does on the touch line - NAFF ALL.

Comes across a nice guy, tried answering all questions but ended up waffling on.

He didn’t try sign Collins and collins never got in touch with us. 

And finally he doesn’t come on the forum as some strange person advised him he feels like slitting his wrists when he comes on here. Weird thing to say and if he feels that way he shouldn’t bother looking then :lol:

So to sum it up, he’s a nice guy, he’s trying his best, seems confident in turning the season around which I’m not sure about, he’s trying to bring players in and he understands it’s not been a good season. 

And that’s about it really. 

He said he had Berrett as his no.8 and didn't answer the question if Collins had been in touch with him or if he had been in touch with Collins,always swerved certain questions like a good politician,

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

He said he had Berrett as his no.8 and didn't answer the question if Collins had been in touch with him or if he had been in touch with Collins,always swerved certain questions like a good politician,

Yes especially about Lenighan & Collins.

He said he's got competition in every position but we only have 1 player in the no.8 midfield position and it shows when Berrett doesn't play 

Anyone remember his exact words on Lenighan? Did he say anything about the reason to extend his contract?

Was the subject of Odelusi mentioned at any time???? Another waste of money who at present seems to have vanished off the radar!!!!

3 hours ago, dj funky said:

Little hope for the future with his views on youth players which must really help these lads confidence and as for just him doing the scouting shows how tin pot we are.

....were

His first line in answer to the Michael Collins question was he hadn't contacted Collins and Collins hadn't contacted him. He then went on to speak about Berrett who was his replacement for Collins.

With regard to youth team players on the bench on the Chesterfield forum John Sheridan is quoted as saying exactly the same as Fullerton he didn't want youth team players on the bench as it gave them false expectations when they were nowhere near ready for the first team. Earlier this season Aldershot had to play some youth team players and were beaten 7 0 in the trophy by a team a couple of leagues below.

di 

Was told we have a southern based scout,and wonder who jf will be watching today,hopefully a new signing before next Saturday

9 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

His first line in answer to the Michael Collins question was he hadn't contacted Collins and Collins hadn't contacted him. He then went on to speak about Berrett who was his replacement for Collins.

With regard to youth team players on the bench on the Chesterfield forum John Sheridan is quoted as saying exactly the same as Fullerton he didn't want youth team players on the bench as it gave them false expectations when they were nowhere near ready for the first team. Earlier this season Aldershot had to play some youth team players and were beaten 7 0 in the trophy by a team a couple of leagues below.

di 

He didn't say anything about contacting Collins and the person that asked the question was impressed in the way he swerved it,and how was Berrett a replacement for Collins,jf never offered Collins a contract before he got the Bradford head coach job,he said he had Berrett so didn't to get Collins ,but would be good to have both of them