Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Meeting with DB

148 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Thank f$%k for that. Give your keyboard a break. That old bitterness just wont leave you will it.

Thank god everyone in life doesnt see things through your dark glassee.

You have the gall to suggest Walker and Kniveton had the best of intentions. Bollox. Walker saw the club as a trophy to show off and nashed when he'd bled the club dry. Never interested in anything but himself.

As for Kniveton his record speaks for itself.

You need to have a chat with Bob Walker, i'm sure he will tell you how much he lost in showing off his trophy.

3 people like this

5 hours ago, steve lumb said:

I was just sent a list of user names

Why you and who by? I think is what hoddie is aiming at.

1 person likes this

Just now, Bubba said:

Why you and who by? I think is what hoddie is aiming at.

Somebody at the club (not DB) - and maybe because I am a moderator and use my real name and they know who I am. Tell you what, I'll stop being a moderator and tell them to direct things like this to you. I didn't think it mattered but it obviously does to some. Hoddie can give you stick instead since bet you have had more contact with DB over the last five years than I have

7 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

You would miss me and you know it. This village idiot has had a bloody fantastic business day 

https://youtu.be/aObZJN9zDtA Good on you keep it up

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, steve lumb said:

Somebody at the club (not DB) - and maybe because I am a moderator and use my real name and they know who I am. Tell you what, I'll stop being a moderator and tell them to direct things like this to you. I didn't think it mattered but it obviously does to some. Hoddie can give you stick instead since bet you have had more contact with DB over the last five years than I have

Just for clarity and before any one ask's what distance was recorded before the Teddy touched down :P

3 people like this

18 hours ago, Hoddie said:

You obviously know more that just a list of names. You said before that if it proves to be a useful exercise, it will be repeated. This shows you were contacted with more than just a list of names, or that you enquired further. Both you and Chadders (another club stooge) claim the list of users is random. We all know it's not.

A battle of wits with Chadders. I might save myself the embarrassment and walk away now.

18 hours ago, steve lumb said:

And haven't you got nappies to change or something

Come ooooooon, jr.

21 hours ago, Hoddie said:

You obviously know more that just a list of names. You said before that if it proves to be a useful exercise, it will be repeated. This shows you were contacted with more than just a list of names, or that you enquired further. Both you and Chadders (another club stooge) claim the list of users is random. We all know it's not.

A battle of wits with Chadders. I might save myself the embarrassment and walk away now.

What no more yakity yak or talking back ?? Hoodie please stay I need something to brighten up my workind day.

32 minutes ago, chadders said:

What no more yakity yak or talking back ?? Hoodie please stay I need something to brighten up my workind day.

The onset of arthritis is more amusing than this forum nowadays:blink:

2 people like this

Bob Walker didn't bleed the club dry that was done before he ever got there what money we had was lost when the egg chasers let us down over the stand etc. The money Bob Walker lost was his own over half a million I think. Considering he only had 2 million from the sale of his business losing 25% is quite a hit. 

1 person likes this

On 2/1/2019, 8:35:32, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Thought you were flouncing off? 

Wish you would, sick of you taking over every bloody thread.  Get back to your successful business, make millions and buy some gym equipment for the team.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, canberracol said:

Wish you would, sick of you taking over every bloody thread.  Get back to your successful business, make millions and buy some gym equipment for the team.

Why should I? Because you say so? Do I take over every thread? No, that’s a huge exaggeration. So I won’t be going anywhere. 

Why the abuse on these threads 

we use to have banter .. now we have abuse 

some of you should read back what you write before you submit

i would rather drink a beer with someone who has a different opinion with me than abuse them 

nick

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Nick said:

Why the abuse on these threads 

we use to have banter .. now we have abuse 

some of you should read back what you write before you submit

i would rather drink a beer with someone who has a different opinion with me than abuse them 

nick

I bet you invite refugees to stay in your spare room too.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

I bet you invite refugees to stay in your spare room too.

No 

unless adult offspring count :) 

but I pay my taxes.. all of them but since the brexit vote I left the UK and I now pay them in Norway :)

Has the meeting happened yet? If not, can I ask anyone going to raise the issue of attracting younger fans?

Start with free tickets, free tickets, free tickets! 

Every kid that goes through the turnstile wants food. Sweets, chips, whatever, they're spending. Adults will spend at the same time. They'll want a programme. They may end up wanting a hat or a scarf. 
The club should try and expand the local football teams offers to targeted local schools. Print some flyers and get them distributed in local businesses and sports centres. An initial financial outlay that will almost certainly reap rewards. It was encouraging to hear Steve Nichol talk about the progress being made, 800 kids already this season have had free tickets. This really should be a priority for the club.

The club should never underestimate the appeal of 'live' sport. There is no substitute. My daughter's friend went to Braintree at home. And she was back for Salford City. It's difficult to imagine a game more likely to put a child off football for life than that one, but something must have clicked. The whole 'experience' is fun for kids. A big plus is getting to meet players. That's an advantage teams like FCHT have over bigger clubs. Kids can meet and talk to the players fairly easily. Something as simple as reminding the squad to 'high-five' the kids by the fence as they leave the pitch can really make a difference. I've seen it with my own eyes over the last two seasons.

I suspect those going know all of this already. Cheers.

2 people like this

I don't think we make a penny out of the under stand bars and refreshments (someone correct me if I'm wrong) 

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I don't think we make a penny out of the under stand bars and refreshments (someone correct me if I'm wrong) 

Correct.

7 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Why should I? Because you say so? Do I take over every thread? No, that’s a huge exaggeration. So I won’t be going anywhere. 

I just think bragging about how many business deals you have secured is a bit tedious , isn't there a forum you could post that on instead like AlanSugar.net.

On 31/01/2019, 14:47:53, greg45 said:

Perhaps DB is planning to use the meeting to finally announce the completion of maintenance on the official messageboard, and wants to ensure a select group of posters have the first pick of usernames in order to generate some content soon after the re-launch?

It’s a thought 

2 hours ago, monk said:

I just think bragging about how many business deals you have secured is a bit tedious , isn't there a forum you could post that on instead like AlanSugar.net.

The ONLY ever time I do that is in response to Hoddie calling me a village idiot or whatever. He tries to sneer down his nose at me. You won’t ever see me doing this unless it’s in response to that cretin. 

1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The ONLY ever time I do that is in response to Hoddie calling me a village idiot or whatever. He tries to sneer down his nose at me. You won’t ever see me doing this unless it’s in response to that cretin. 

manbaby-20150717141653.jpg~q75,dx720y432u1r1gg,c--.jpg

Just a reminder of some of the things you've said...

• The shower of shite that we witness every week
  • I almost feel like the board deserve this. They showed a really disgusting lack of loyalty in getting rid of him.
  • Strikers are there to score goals. Totally irrelevant. Billy Heath ain't fit to lace Lord Aspins boots 
  • W did but we scraped through that's all I'm saying. Playing the most boring football that anybody has ever witnessed I may add. His substitutions and selections were always questionable. We played football one week then he reverted to type.
  • No. It's about time the board took some responsibility for their shite decisions
  • I've said it before and I will say it again. The board have to take responsibility for this mess we are in. They won't but they should 
  • Again a load of bullshit. If you have the right manager in charge ANYBODY at any level can play football. It isn't rocket science
  • If you want to be proud of a failure absolutely. You go for it 
  • Another cracking game of football. Who knew? Arise Sir Jamie. The difference in quality between this team and Billy’s is unreal. Play off contenders next season

You're so full of **** you must have toilet paper on permanent standby for when you open your mouth.

And directed at me before I insulted you:

• Shut the **** up you moron 
  • For the record. I’ve always thought you was a prick
Edited by Hoddie
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Just a reminder of some of the things you've said...

• The shower of shite that we witness every week
  • I almost feel like the board deserve this. They showed a really disgusting lack of loyalty in getting rid of him.
  • Strikers are there to score goals. Totally irrelevant. Billy Heath ain't fit to lace Lord Aspins boots 
  • W did but we scraped through that's all I'm saying. Playing the most boring football that anybody has ever witnessed I may add. His substitutions and selections were always questionable. We played football one week then he reverted to type.
  • No. It's about time the board took some responsibility for their shite decisions
  • I've said it before and I will say it again. The board have to take responsibility for this mess we are in. They won't but they should 
  • Again a load of bullshit. If you have the right manager in charge ANYBODY at any level can play football. It isn't rocket science
  • If you want to be proud of a failure absolutely. You go for it 
  • Another cracking game of football. Who knew? Arise Sir Jamie. The difference in quality between this team and Billy’s is unreal. Play off contenders next season

You're so full of **** you must have toilet paper on permanent standby for when you open your mouth.

And directed at me before I insulted you:

• Shut the **** up you moron 
  • For the record. I’ve always thought you was a prick

That’s a lovely edited version to suit your agenda. It’s also seriously creepy. You really are a very boring old man. Moan about the board. Moan about the rugby club. Moan about us signing criminals. I would trawl the board for everything you have said but I’ve got a life. Bore off