Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Salford Highlights (DJ Funky)

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Please see earlier response in the thread - yes :)

I get that, yes. I was seeking to establish if there would be any difference if the referee had blown his whistle for the first foul. 

4 minutes ago, Lammie said:

I get that, yes. I was seeking to establish if there would be any difference if the referee had blown his whistle for the first foul. 

Technically what happens after the whistle has blown wouldn’t count, however in that situation I have seen refs change their original decision for a penalty. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, greg45 said:

That's not the rule - the rule is as I stated. Taken from the following: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

Right I get that but the referee obviously thinks the foul is outside of the area which it initially was and I’m guessing he didn’t think there was anything to give for a penalty even thought it was carried on into the area. 

Crap decision either way

Edited by TJAshton

32 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Technically what happens after the whistle has blown wouldn’t count, however in that situation I have seen refs change their original decision for a penalty. 

The ref blew after Kosylo went down inside the area. 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I don't know who it is in the crowd shouting, but they definitely have a shoot on sight policy! Even with the players back to goal or not yet recieved the ball and 3 lads stood around our man they're shouting "SHOOOOOT"

Commentary by Dave Crossley I believe.

I see the penalty decision as "swings and roundabouts" 

Matty Brown should have walked a few weeks ago v Braintree when he brought down their player after only 5 minutes or so. We got away with that and so karma denies us on saturday. We can't change what has been and gone. 

2 people like this

31 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I see the penalty decision as "swings and roundabouts" 

Matty Brown should have walked a few weeks ago v Braintree when he brought down their player after only 5 minutes or so. We got away with that and so karma denies us on saturday. We can't change what has been and gone. 

We are due a bit our way now as well. That is twice Kossy has been either denied. Penalty or a goal. 

Edited by Erik Everhard