Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fullarton In or Out?

51 posts in this topic

We are one game off where Heath was sacked last season, we have one point more than we did when he was sacked and are 3 places higher. So the question is do we think that Fullarton is doing enough to avoid the same fate? For me his good start to the season, and the recent upturn in performances (unbeaten in 6 - W1, D5 - with 3 clean sheets), have just about done enough to stay here for the near future. I don't see us being dragged into a real relegation battle, and Fullarton is still learning his trade as a young manager.

He does, however, need to show that he is improving and learning. If he carries on making the same mistakes over and over then he has no future with us.

Points Game 30.png

Pos Game 30.png

Edited by riccardo259

I agree with your well made points. 7 points from the next 3 games, which is what i’m targeting and we can play the rest of the season out, without looking over our shoulders. Time to get behind the team. 

8 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

I don't see us being dragged into a real relegation battle, and Fullarton is still learning his trade as a young manager.

He's 44. Hardly a young manager. The Huddersfield manager is 36. 

Out for me at the moment over the last 20 plus games his record is very poor and performance and entertainment wise it has been largely shocking. Today was a massive improvement and town probably deserved a win however given he has been so reluctant to make substitutions all season to take the 2 players off he did today and replace them with Edwards and Preston was strange given town had Salford pinned in their own half at times. Preston is a good player but what Edwards offers I have no idea, he did set up a couple of attacks but for Salford.

If the performances continue as today he my change my opinion of him

Edited by fchtnico1
1 person likes this

If we carry on this form and get couple of wins in next few games he’s safe and sound 

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, fchtnico1 said:

Out for me at the moment over the last 20 plus games his record is very poor and performance and entertainment wise it has been largely shocking. Today was a massive improvement and town probably deserved a win however given he has been so reluctant to make substitutions all season to take the 2 players off he did today and replace them with Edwards and Preston was strange given town had Salford pinned in their own half at times. Preston is a good player but what Edwards offers I have no idea, he did set up a couple of attacks but for Salford.

If the performances continue as today he my change my opinion of him

Agree with eveything apart from Preston being a good player, he's awful and we need better if were going to score goals anytime soon.

1 person likes this

I honestly think if we can get some wins to take into the end of the season we could have a half decent manager on our hands next season. The players are improving as are the performances. If we stop up, which I am sure we will I would keep JF for next season, let's not forget this is his first full season as a football manager 

Substitutions today stupid, we were well on top looked likely to score then he changed it. Edwards is a long way off this level. Southwell is one one those players who something is not quite right with but hard to say what's wrong. He plays in the the same slots as Quigley, probably his positional sense not right. Fullarton again can't make my mind up. He's brought some duds to club. He should be more animated on touch line than he his, just keeps having little private chats with his assistant whoever he is. Would if I'd won £100 million on the lottery and bought the club sack him,YES.

1 person likes this

Just now, born to moan said:

Substitutions today stupid, we were well on top looked likely to score then he changed it. Edwards is a long way off this level. Southwell is one one those players who something is not quite right with but hard to say what's wrong. He plays in the the same slots as Quigley, probably his positional sense not right. Fullarton again can't make my mind up. He's brought some duds to club. He should be more animated on touch line than he his, just keeps having little private chats with his assistant whoever he is. Would if I'd won £100 million on the lottery and bought the club sack him,YES.

Quigley was running on empty and Southwell was very similar. If he had kept them on and we had conceded I am sure the critique wouldn't be the same. It's all ifs and maybes but I so think we needed some fresh legs 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Quigley was running on empty and Southwell was very similar. If he had kept them on and we had conceded I am sure the critique wouldn't be the same. It's all ifs and maybes but I so think we needed some fresh legs 

Running on empty my arse, they were looking good. You'd  make excuses for Crippen.

2 people like this

57 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

He's 44. Hardly a young manager. The Huddersfield manager is 36. 

But still young in his management career - he’s spent time with youth teams but, providing he sees it out, this will be his first full season in charge of a senior squad.

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Edwards & Preston contributed nothing when they came on.Southwell is also likely to nick the odd goal.

Regarding Fullarton there is a tiny bit of potential in him.He has to start learning this management game very quick though.

1 person likes this

Just now, born to moan said:

Running on empty my arse, they were looking good. You'd  make excuses for Crippen.

Crippen! Hahaha. 

Im in the bow leg and spoke to a bloke at the bar. He said similar to you. We were on top at the time of the substitutions. 

I suppose the subs were attacking minded so I won't complain. It just wasn't to be on the day.  

15 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I honestly think if we can get some wins to take into the end of the season we could have a half decent manager on our hands next season. 

Have we got someone lined up to take over?

11 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Let’s hope you’ll buy a season ticket too if you win £100 million. Bet you don’t though.

The full throttle approach continues at a pace I see?

As Kevin Keegan once said, 'I'm loving it!'

0-0, 0-0, since JF decided to unleashed the armoury at his disposal, and he signed the majority of the 'attack' too?

Draws won't keep us up, and what can we hope for next season if we do?

I couldn't attend this afternoon, but try as I might I couldn't give my Season Ticket away for free! Sadly it just goes to show the floaters are now reluctant to watch the 'Full Throttle' approach which has produced 0 goals in 180 minutes.

Just now, Caygillwashere said:

The full throttle approach continues at a pace I see?

As Kevin Keegan once said, 'I'm loving it!'

0-0, 0-0, since JF decided to unleashed the armoury at his disposal, and he signed the majority of the 'attack' too?

Draws won't keep us up, and what can we hope for next season if we do?

I couldn't attend this afternoon, but try as I might I couldn't give my Season Ticket away for free! Sadly it just goes to show the floaters are now reluctant to watch the 'Full Throttle' approach which has produced 0 goals in 180 minutes.

Somebody missed a treat

He’s not going anywhere to sack him after one of our best preformances of the season would be nothing short of stupid ,There is a very fine line between success and failure if we were to do what Hull City have done and win 7 on the trot we would be around the play offs .Sucess for any team starts with the defence and we are pretty strong there we just need more goals .We are competitive in every game and have had results against most of the top teams .

Just now, awaydays said:

Let’s hope you’ll buy a season ticket too if you win £100 million. Bet you don’t though.

What's it got to do with you, coward who will not reveal himself. 

Fullarton needs to improve a lot . As with when Heath was manager, you've got to worry over which clown we'll wheel in next

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, riccardo259 said:

We are one game off where Heath was sacked last season, we have one point more than we did when he was sacked and are 3 places higher. So the question is do we think that Fullarton is doing enough to avoid the same fate? For me his good start to the season, and the recent upturn in performances (unbeaten in 6 - W1, D5 - with 3 clean sheets), have just about done enough to stay here for the near future. I don't see us being dragged into a real relegation battle, and Fullarton is still learning his trade as a young manager.

He does, however, need to show that he is improving and learning. If he carries on making the same mistakes over and over then he has no future with us.

Points Game 30.png

Pos Game 30.png

After one of our best displays of the season let’s have another negative stupid thread which achieves nothing 

Edited by Forever a Shayman

In Fullerton we trust! 10 more goals at least before May.

4 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

He’s not going anywhere to sack him after one of our best preformances of the season would be nothing short of stupid ,There is a very fine line between success and failure if we were to do what Hull City have done and win 7 on the trot we would be around the play offs .Sucess for any team starts with the defence and we are pretty strong there we just need more goals .We are competitive in every game and have had results against most of the top teams .

Nothing wrong with the defence.Strikers on the other hand.We are in a relagation scrap whether you like it or not.

8 minutes ago, born to moan said:

What's it got to do with you, coward who will not reveal himself. 

Cheer up Peter, I’ll buy you a pint at the Fullarton Q&A evening if you’re going.