Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ask Away................

528 posts in this topic

Just now, greygoose said:

People living in rented accommodation wont be paying wages to 25 + staff on top. 

I posted 'considering the turnover' 

People in rented accommodation have other expenses too.

The Shay rent is peanuts considering the percentage of earning Mr and Mrs average and family have to pay.

41 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

It's the overall picture Vin, stadium bigger than we need, no ability to generate income from it beyond entrance fees.

Totally untrue otherwise why bother with mstchday sponsorships and pre match meals.

Just now, Bubba said:

Totally untrue otherwise why bother with mstchday sponsorships and pre match meals.

Think the comment was aimed at Bars and food outlets? 

But it's simple. Take the money from the bars and then rent will have to go up.

16 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Think the comment was aimed at Bars and food outlets? 

Quite the point and also beyond. Using the Shay as an example, the earnings potential beyond matchday is not to be sniffed at.  The point is not what our options are, because we don't own the ground and we can't buy it. The point is that not having our own ground limits our income. It's a reality that is unlikely to change.  It's not about rent levels etc. it's about how our situation limits us.

Edited by francisfirth

Your stadium is too big for you. 

We hear it a lot usually from supporters who have a crappy hole made out of shipping containers.

Fact is the two clubs wanted a stadium this size, perhaps mainly for Super Duper League But also Halifax Town were equally keen to have a modern stadium with facilities and rightly so.

Importantly the current ownership model is the correct one IMO. It’s also important that the stadium doesn’t become a burden to rate payers and as a result then become a political football with the old Courier headline Football on the Rates.

There is more that can be done to improve Stadium income levels but it’s a case of being able to attract tenants for the vacant rentable parts of it. 

Even run on a shoe string the stadium running costs will be in excess of six figures, not to mention the interest and repayments on the development money for the East Stand. On that measure alone both clubs get a good deal, and have the stadium they both wanted, it’s not the councils fault that neither team can fill it.

3 people like this

We are approaching the Centenary of The Shay being the home of The Shaymen of Halifax Town. This fact should be cherished and The Council along with the club should already be organising street parties etc to celebrate.

THE SHAY 100 YEARS 

1921 - 2021

3 people like this

One other point.

There is a real need to spend some money on essential maintenance, from replacing tv screens on the blink in the bars to serious stuff up in the roof as there is a general shabbiness to even the East stand. 

I know the legal eagles will jump on this and say this is the landlords responsibility, but in turn rents would then have to increase to meet it.

I wonder if there is any interest in having a “Friends of the Shay Stadium” group from supporters of both clubs? To at least start the conversation on how to get the best from the stadium and perhaps as in the past wave a few paint brushes about.

4 people like this

17 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

One other point.

There is a real need to spend some money on essential maintenance, from replacing tv screens on the blink in the bars to serious stuff up in the roof as there is a general shabbiness to even the East stand. 

I know the legal eagles will jump on this and say this is the landlords responsibility, but in turn rents would then have to increase to meet it.

I wonder if there is any interest in having a “Friends of the Shay Stadium” group from supporters of both clubs? To at least start the conversation on how to get the best from the stadium and perhaps as in the past wave a few paint brushes about.

General maintenance IS a landlord's responsibility under the terms of the contact being paid.

I doubt the tv in the bar is the landlords responsibility. Fixtures and fittings will be the tenants. Structural items like a leaking roof will be the landlords.

2 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I doubt the tv in the bar is the landlords responsibility. Fixtures and fittings will be the tenants. Structural items like a leaking roof will be the landlords.

There are several roof leaks, The North Stand seems the worst. Many of the roof girders need a lick of paint too. A general clean up inside The Shay is also necessary. This will hopefully be done before The Centenary.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

We are approaching the Centenary of The Shay being the home of The Shaymen of Halifax Town. This fact should be cherished and The Council along with the club should already be organising street parties etc to celebrate.

THE SHAY 100 YEARS 

1921 - 2021

Perhaps this item should have its own topic heading

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

THE SHAY 100 YEARS 

1921 - 2021

I have heard something is being done

1 person likes this

On 25/01/2019, 13:55:57, TJAshton said:
23 hours ago, Bubba said:

What? There are only 6 or 7 members on here?

OOPS SHOULD HAVE TYPED 5% :wub:

23 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Was waiting for someone to make this argument, had my money on Steve Lumb. First of all, this 'unofficial' forum has been around at least twice as long as this BoD and is open to all Town supporters, near and far, lapsed and fully engaged. To suggest that it doesn't represent a reasonable cross section of supporters is a little disingenuous considering most debates/threads end up showcasing a wide variety of opinion.

And the pseudonym thing... I know you're Chadders, I don't think I know your real name (it certainly doesn't come to mind as I write this). I know who you are because you've been pointed out to me at a game, but I still don't really know you. Besides, this BoD wanted to remain invisible and anonymous when they joined the bloody club in the first place.

And finally, the fact they had to invite supporters using an unofficial forum rather than the official one is no-one's fault but their own.

Where have I said that ?? And yes I was surprised when the first port of call in this long overdue fan engagement was to people on this forum.and whilst I respect peoples views and their right to privacy I just don't agree with posting under a pseudonym particularly some of the comments that appear on here.  

22 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

I have apologised through the appropriate means.Ok with you Mr Sunderland?

Top man Mr A; it takes a big man to apologise and it seems like others are following your lead.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

TV's were installed by council and are maintained by them too as well as general maintenance / upkeep of the Shay estate.  

1 hour ago, rdj said:

Perhaps this item should have its own topic heading

Good idea.

4 hours ago, eddies mate said:

General maintenance IS a landlord's responsibility under the terms of the contact being paid.

I am well aware of that having been a landlord myself.

The point I was making was that the buildings are going to start costing money and rents will start to rise when the council realise what they are facing. I don’t know when the current lease runs out. None of the buildings are new anymore and whoever is responsible for the fixtures and fittings well they won’t last for ever either. I’m trying to point out there are some problems coming that will cost money.

8 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

THE SHAY 100 YEARS 

1921 - 2021

The home of The Shaymen for 100 years, wonder why the Squatters can’t say that! Give over Vinnie they sold Thrum Hall and invested the proceeds into the photos in the South Stand Bar, how can you not say that is not matched funding!

8 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

One other point.

Happy to give the pictures in the stadium a bit of a “refresh” , is there a skip?

Mr B has agreed to airbrush out the first 90 years so that’s a start!

The scorer of good goals who isn’t a goal scorer has just scored for Barrow.

1 hour ago, mj85 said:

The scorer of good goals who isn’t a goal scorer has just scored for Barrow.

He wouldn’t score in our team as the ball is just aimlessly lumped up field 

On 08/02/2019, 14:23:19, chadders said:

Where have I said that ?? And yes I was surprised when the first port of call in this long overdue fan engagement was to people on this forum.and whilst I respect peoples views and their right to privacy I just don't agree with posting under a pseudonym particularly some of the comments that appear on here.  

You're posting under a pseudonym...…!!

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

You're posting under a pseudonym...…!!

And his comments are as perversely pro board as some others are perversely anti board .