Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ask Away................

528 posts in this topic

I thought JF came across as a honest guy and tried to answer questions as honest as he could. 

Did admit some performances were not good enough named the away games when we have been smashed so nothing groundbreaking and did relate everything back to injuries and thin-bare squad. 

February will be crunch time, think every team we play are below us, we will have either got us selves away and be right in the middle of a relegation fight.

5 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Lasagne and chips. And garlic bread. 
Felt we learnt a fair bit tonight. More positive about him then negative in the answers he gave.
Interesting to hear that, earlier in the season, the team had 12 or 13 fit players. Conceded communication needs to improve, particularly in terms of the squad and selections. 
Sounds like McLeod had to go. His answer about Kosylo suggested to me that they've involved a sports psychologist to address his temper issues. 
Seems that the intention is to move from 3 days training to 4 days to properly full-time. The gym that's being developed will help address injuries. A work in progress but I reckon there's actual progress to be made with him.
He and I will agree to disagree about Lenighan's contribution however.
As I say, felt he dealt with stuff well and came over okay. 

There is no way on earth DB has sanctioned free lasagne and chips, and definitely not garlic bread. Garlic bread, garlic ruddy bread. Man alive!!! The club will be ruddy bankrupt by February.

(My comment is a light-hearted bit of whimsy towards our chairman. Just in case some fans take it personally.)

1 person likes this

Lasagne, chips and garlic bread. Carb overload!! Enjoy going for a run tomorrow lads and lasses. 

Something to keep in mind on the recruitment front is league clubs usually release players on deadline day so they can go and get regular football elsewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if we see one or two signings come in by the Chesterfield game.

Just now, TJAshton said:

“To me a goal scorer is not someone who scores goals. It’s Someone who scores 6 or 8 goals with their arse, sock, shin or shoulder” nice one fullarton no wonder we can’t score goals or bring anyone in as you’re looking for too many players scoring with their dick. 

Well done young man, you put your question across very well.

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, FCHT1993 said:

Credit to Fullarton for agreeing to this tonight but in my honest opinion apart from answering the one question about who’s the club scout to which he answered himself I truly felt that he didn’t answer many questions to the point and went off on a tangent like a qualified politician.

For example, when he was asked about Michael Collins returning to the club and if we ever contacted him or vice versa the question went off more on a tangent about James Berrett being a good player.

To summarise for those who were not in attendance;

1) We do not have a club scout and this is done by Fullarton.

2) States that earlier in the season we had 13 fit players and had to name unfit/injured players on the bench.

3) Stated he didn’t put any Youth team players on the bench when we were short of players as he believes they have to earn and merit a start in the first team and didn’t want to hinder their development. He does not want to give a 1st team appearance out like “confetti”

4) Mekhi was consistently in the bottom 2 on the GPS trackers which the players use in training (the other player was not named) and this is the sole reason we were given as to why he was not utilised more.

5) Stated that Dion Angus is not a goal scorer and his version of one is someone that can score off their back side or their shin.

6) We are not full time and are a hybrid version. We train 3 mornings a week instead of 2 which was part time (Shame Bosomworth didn’t mention this in pre-season when the prices went up for admission and season tickets).

7) He admits not informing fans regarding injuries is his doing and he is trying to improve on this

8) States he has spoken to Kosylo regarding his discipline and without specifically stating it it sounds like we can infer some professional help has been sought to rectify this.

From all the above I feel Fullerton is trying his best and I will back him but he isn’t a charismatic guy and he is what he says he is “a boring Scotsman.”

A good summary 

Just now, TJAshton said:

“To me a goal scorer is not someone who scores goals. It’s Someone who scores 6 or 8 goals with their arse, sock, shin or shoulder” nice one fullarton no wonder we can’t score goals or bring anyone in as you’re looking for too many players scoring with their dick. 

Ridiculous that was wasn’t it!

1 person likes this

Just now, FCHT1993 said:

Ridiculous that was wasn’t it!

Not only that. He’s a secret Scottish Squirell was it? 

1 person likes this

That Mekkhi McLeod answer is seriously wacky. Blimey.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

To be fair, I think Fullarton has a point. 

We don't have strikers who gamble and goaly-hang. If you're in the 6 six yard box when a wicked cross comes in then it'll come off your arse, shin, dick, or whatever when sliding in or busting a gut to latch onto the ball. 

Our strikers are too conservative and measured in their approach. 

Although it doesn't help when you've got centre halves in centre midfield and leaving too much of a gap between midfield and the strikers, therefore the strikers daren't push up that little but further to the 6 yard box and gamble. 

Edited by Icke's Lizard
1 person likes this

Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

We don't have strikers who gamble and goaly-hang. If you're in the 6 six yard box when a wicked cross comes in then it'll come off your arse, shin, dick, or whatever when sliding in or busting a gut to latch onto the ball. 

Although it doesn't help when you've got centre halves in centre midfield and not leaving too much if a gap between midfield and the strikers therefore the strikers daren't push up further and gamble. 

“A goal scorer isn’t someone who scores goals”

So wtf is he then?

how does that even make sense

Edited by TJAshton

8 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Although it doesn't help when you've got centre halves in centre midfield and not leaving too much if a gap between midfield and the strikers therefore the strikers daren't push up further and gamble. 

Just now, TJAshton said:

“A goal scorer isn’t someone who scores goals”

So wtf is he then?

how does that even make sense

Aye, does seem a gobbledygook sentance. I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he worded it wrong.

4 minutes ago, mj85 said:

He basically said the goals Angus had scored this season were through using pace and strength to hold defenders off rather than tap ins so he’s not a goal scorer, but a scorer of good goals...

He also said he seems to have been right so far that he couldn’t step up to this level as he’s yet to score for Barrow (in 2 games). I refrained from mentioning that Quigley is yet to score in more games than that...

When you asked that mate I thought he’s played 2 games in a new team. Quigley has scored 1 yet  and hasn’t looked like scoring  and Southwell, well never looks like scoring. 

That's the downside to a Q&A session, it can be easily staged and managed.

Now if any of the answers were up for debating then that is a different kettle of fish.

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, mj85 said:

He basically said the goals Angus had scored this season were through using pace and strength to hold defenders off rather than tap ins so he’s not a goal scorer, but a scorer of good goals...

He also said he seems to have been right so far that he couldn’t step up to this level as he’s yet to score for Barrow (in 2 games). I refrained from mentioning that Quigley is yet to score in more games than that...

:lol:

Wonder where such as Ian Rush would register on one of these satellite tracker thingies

3 people like this

Gary Lineker would have spent his career in Sunday morning football based upon a GPS tracker. Useless t*at.

What happens if his GPS app packs in, do we refuse to put a side out?

Jeeeesss

1 person likes this

I don't get this GPS nonsense. Surely football is about smart positional sense, keeping your shape, knowing when and not to make a run...... Not running round like a headless chicken. 

Yeah some players are lazy, or deceivingly look that way. But it seems daft to judge a player on whether he legs it allover the pitch or not. Some players physically just aren't cut out for it. i.e, Sinnott, O'Reagan. But can have very effective games. 

2 people like this

Not much wiser after reading all what happened but would think it would be better and from the fans view to show some class at 3 00 on match days and stuff the GPS packs, we did not need them at Brackley or Wembley but at least we now can see why some players was always on the bench.

2 people like this