Barrow

306 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

Waiting for comments from those who went to the game 

as their opinions on the actual game are the only ones that count 

nick 

How results speak for themselves! It’s ****! 

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Just seen that we've scored the joint second least amount of goals in the league - we're tied with Barnet on 26.

Make of that what you will.

My thoughts exactly Lewis. This squad has one of the least potent attacking forces that I can ever remember. And that's after almost 55 years of watching the mighty shaymen. Do the right thing and remove the man in charge DB

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It’s not a good away point at all. We’ve already beaten them twice and when it really matters we draw 0-0. We’ve got a fuller squad and 5 points from relegation. They lost their best player and our manager says we’re going full throttle and don’t even score :lol:

very worrying times! 

Of course it's a good point. 

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Of course it's a good point. 

How is it? We urgently need a win, 2 wins in 23 so many draws I can’t even remember and now we play barrow who we’ve beaten twice, lost their best player, we have a big squad now and we couldn’t even score and what’s more worrying is we’re getting closer to relegation and it’s classed as a good point ffs! 

Edited by TJAshton

Full throttle?

The intro from the local Barrow newspaper suggests differently. Don't worry though as at least five people would have thought we did throttle 'em, that being the Board and the two Krankies in the dug out!

'Barrow newspaper'

To say this clash at Holker Street never got going would be an understatement, as Barrow AFC and Halifax Town played out a dreary goalless draw that will have been forgotten by the time supporters will have made their way to the pub.

Edited by Caygillwashere
1 person likes this

Just now, TJAshton said:

How is it? We urgently need a win, 2 wins in 23 so many draws I can’t even remember and now we play barrow who we’ve beaten twice, lost their best player, we have a big squad now and we couldn’t even score and what’s more worrying is we’re getting closer to relegation and it’s classed as a good point ffs! 

A point against a team in form who are above you in the league away from home is in my opinion a good point. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

A point against a team in form who are above you in the league away from home is in my opinion a good point. 

As you say let’s gst excited for Salford next week when I’m guessing that’s when we start going “ full throttle” 

It is two points lost like any other draw.

Edited by Shaytrev
1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, AndyStafford said:

Not a bad result on the face of it but other scores weren't kind to us.

Havant  play Dover next so unless we get something vs Salford we'll lose ground to at least one of them. Maybe also Chesterfield who are at home to Barrow.

We've drawn against a team that we can and should beat. Yes, it's away from home but we needed to win today. If we draw against Salford next week it'll be the same. A good point against a top side but draws will not keep us up. The main reason we are drawing is we are setting up too defensively. Our only hope is to get King and Tomlinson fit. Once they are fit he HAS to change things and play two midfielders in the centre of midfield. He also needs to go 4 4 2 because we need wins now. I'll give him till the end of February because his injured players should be back and fit by then apart from Josh. If there's no change we need a new manager in place straight away. It would hopefully give us enough time to stay up.

I honestly think if we have King and Tomlinson back we'll be ok. It's going to a close run thing though.

My prediction for the Salford game is 2-2.

2 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

Full throttle?

The intro from the local Barrow newspaper suggests differently. Don't worry though as at least five people would have thought we did throttle 'em, that being the Board and the two Krankies in the dug out!

'Barrow newspaper'

To say this clash at Holker Street never got going would be an understatement, as Barrow AFC and Halifax Town played out a dreary goalless draw that will have been forgotten by the time supporters will have made their way to the pub.

It will have been an exciting encounter according to JF. The fans will be bouncing out of the ground. 

Whose fooling who?

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

61 is horrendous it just shows that no one can be arsed anymore. We would usually take atleast 120/150 to this game. 

At least 100 there TJ ,must have been 60 in the stand plus the brave souls behind the goal 

Just now, TJAshton said:

As you say let’s gst excited for Salford next week when I’m guessing that’s when we start going “ full throttle” 

Looking forward to next week. Thought you didn't know what "full throttle" meant? A good point today and that makes it 5 league games without a defeat, yes we need to turn some draws into wins starting hopefully next week but in my opinion I feel we aren't a million miles away 

It’s a 0-0 but kosylo scored a perfectly good goal today .. that could have changed it 

middle CB plays him on .... And the lino isn’t up with play 

E6D18A46-F2E8-4F9B-87AE-B7B5252B8889.jpeg

Edited by Scot
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, chadders said:

At least 100 there TJ ,must have been 60 in the stand plus the brave souls behind the goal 

We would normally take more than that in a league game. 

8 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Looking forward to next week. Thought you didn't know what "full throttle" meant? A good point today and that makes it 5 league games without a defeat, yes we need to turn some draws into wins starting hopefully next week but in my opinion I feel we aren't a million miles away 

I don’t. But what I’m saying is I’m guessing that’s when we go full throttle. As in my terms a 0-0 isn’t exactly full throttle in my terms :lol: guys a fraud honestly. He’ll come out and say yeh I thought we deserved more and again it’s a clean sheet. Yeh but we’ve gone down in the league again! Although we have a manager who is unaware of a league table :doh:

Just now, TJAshton said:

I don’t. But what I’m saying is I’m guessing that’s when we go full throttle. As in my terms a 0-0 isn’t exactly full throttle in my terms :lol: guys a fraud honestly. He’ll come out and say yeh I thought we deserved more and again it’s a clean sheet. Yeh but we’ve gone down in the league again! Although we have a manager who is unaware of a league table :doh:

Love how some pick out from an interview whatever suits their agenda 

9 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

We would normally take more than that in a league game. 

Maybe but shiit weather forecsst , recent results,train strike etc. Chuff me some can't even get to home games from Leeds due to train strike x 

1 person likes this

STID?

Is it Sit Tight Impregnable Defensively?

A good point in isolation, local commentary made it sound like Town were on top.

19 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Love how some pick out from an interview whatever suits their agenda 

It doesn’t suit my agenda. I’m picking just a single point of one of his many stupid comments. A manager that doesn’t look at the table and isn’t aware of it. Wtf have we got

13 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It doesn’t suit my agenda. I’m picking just a single point of one of his many stupid comments. A manager that doesn’t look at the table and isn’t aware of it. Wtf have we got

Many managers say they don't look at the league table when asked in interviews. Of course they look, not as much as us fans do I wouldn't have thought. 

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

61 is horrendous it just shows that no one can be arsed anymore. We would usually take atleast 120/150 to this game. 

Looked close from behind the goal!

15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Hahaha the lack of self awareness.

Your post is literally describing cherry picking quotes to suit an agenda.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Caygillwashere said:

Full throttle?

'Barrow newspaper'

Did fans have a spring in their step  on the way to the pub? I didn’t