Solihull Replay

119 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

I didnt go but as someone else said why not take a defender off and throw kitchen sink at them? Manager never has a plan B. Same substitutions week in week out

Especially in a one off cup game.

Couldn't care less about the fa trophy game tonight,  didnt think we would win anyway. However if we dont get a win in next couple of games he has to go. How can anyone keep defending this run we are on? The manager had a full pre season to get his own players in to suit his tactics and its clearly not paying off

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He prefers pyramids of emotion.

Be in clover when we visit Southport next season

Quite a few managers looking for a job iiii.

19 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Couldn't care less about the fa trophy game tonight,  didnt think we would win anyway. However if we dont get a win in next couple of games he has to go. How can anyone keep defending this run we are on? The manager had a full pre season to get his own players in to suit his tactics and its clearly not paying off

He made a few good signings, Hanson and King being g the stand out ones. Staunton could turn out to be decent centre half. There are two main problems and that's the shocking signings, McLeod and Odelusi who have both let him down big style and his failure to sign central midfielders. You can understand not wanting to get beat and setting up defensively but two centre halves in midfield should have only ever been a stop gap. You look at last season and our squad hardly trained. We should have seen a marked improvement this season. I think we are strong on set pieces but apart from that we are so predictable. Down the right hand side, Hanson takes the throw and it comes to nothing. Groundhog Day.

Edited by Erik Everhard
1 person likes this

Season over in January, this is going to be a long hard slog to the end of the season, hopefully mid-table mediocrity beckons.   

23 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Quite a few managers looking for a job iiii.

I truly think if we lose Saturday he will get sacked. 

Just now, TJAshton said:

Nah he's doing a good job according to  JGno1,positively shaymen etc. 2 wins in 22 or whatever it is, is acceptable to them

17 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

No chance. 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Doubt it personally. 

As long as we tread water this season, I believe he will get the summer and the start of next season. This was always a transitional season going full time and the BOD hired JF not for instant success but long term stability with a view to building something. 

My main concern is that JF has made some shocking and stubborn tactical decisions over the course of the season, and that the team lacks any real identity. 

Edited by never_shay_die

9 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

I didnt go but as someone else said why not take a defender off and throw kitchen sink at them? Manager never has a plan B. Same substitutions week in week out

His substitutions were completely different last night.

And the ABH kosy had to put up with last night was a horrendous. How one of there players was not booked for some of the challenges I'll never know. If Solihull have all that money buy the best players and the use them tactics then they can have it!

Edited by Shaymen0

Played well last night,had a cast iron penalty claim turned down early on.We had the better chances ,can recall 4 occasions when a better final  pass would have made the difference.

Disappointed not to go through but saw plenty of positives.

Not sure who the short arse of a referee was  , but the drop ball incidence in the first half   showed how clueless he was.

Love it how so many came on here saying JF has to go as soon as the gane ended last night. Speak and listen to people who went to the gane and we actually played well, is it a results business? Or is it about performances? Seems whichever suits the agenda with some. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Love it how so many came on here saying JF has to go as soon as the gane ended last night. Speak and listen to people who went to the gane and we actually played well, is it a results business? Or is it about performances? Seems whichever suits the agenda with some. 

Hope you had good nights sleep :)

Edited by Guido

Happy to take bowing out of a cup that people are 'more bothered about' than they really are . Just need to carry our blind pyramids of emotional pressure into turning league draws into league wins

52 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

His substitutions were completely different last night.

Were they? Striker Edwards for striker quigley? Southwell and king off for berrett and preston? Seems like for like. Why not take a defender off  leave attacking players on? Stick matty brown up and lump some balls up to him like the days of Adam Quinn? Try something different 

25 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Obviously its a results business you idiot. Won twice in 22 but we played well last night yet still lost so all is good ? 

Last night they played well and lost, according to some that's acceptable 

30 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Were they? Striker Edwards for striker quigley? Southwell and king off for berrett and preston? Seems like for like. Why not take a defender off  leave attacking players on? Stick matty brown up and lump some balls up to him like the days of Adam Quinn? Try something different 

Made a double change early doors and I’ve already been through the Quigley change.

And I have already been through that he put Brown and Clarke up top at the end.

Almost like you’d already made your mind up before knowing what happened?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Made a double change early doors and I’ve already been through the Quigley change.

And I have already been through that he put Brown and Clarke up top at the end.

Almost like you’d already made your mind up before knowing what happened?

Every game ive been to this season ive not seen clarke and brown up top when we are losing.  Ive said i didnt go last night, but majority of matches when losing we do the same substitutions, striker for striker,midfielder for midfielder and our win ratio isnt good enough.  I want the manager to succeed but this run cant keep continuing. Billy heath turned things round the season in the conf north and was then backed, hopefully jf does the same

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Last night they played well and lost, according to some that's acceptable 

How can it be? If we play well all season and lose or draw every game we get relegated. 

However with us and most games we play poor and still lose or draw. 

Edited by TJAshton

15 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Billy heath turned things round the season in the conf north and was then backed, hopefully jf does the same

Wow 

billy heath was never backed by the majority on here 

nick