Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Quigley

3 posts in this topic

Over the past week theres been some really harsh stuff written in various threads on this site. So I dont want to dwell on the Braintree game to much. We went into the game confident that we should/could win based on our previous three results, and with the addition of our new striker I think we became over confident of the goal fest!!!!

However, on reflection, I think it was to soon to expect Quigley to slot straight into the team and be the end of our goal drought!!! He'd only signed for us the day before and had no time to train with the squad. Then we lost Tommo and Sellars from the team, and both had been significant in previous games. So all in all Quigley was on a hiding to nothing really. Tomorrow might prove to be different though, he's had time to get a bit fitter and train with the other lads. It will be interesting to see how JF sets up, but I wont be expecting anything to radical????

Good luck to Quigley. He’s been there and done it. He has now to do it for Halifax Town, given sufficient time

Weve had numerous blokes in the past with similar impressive  records who quite simply have failed to match their reputation when pulling a Town shirt on.

1 hour ago, thetalktrainer said:

Good luck to Quigley. He’s been there and done it. He has now to do it for Halifax Town, given sufficient time

Weve had numerous blokes in the past with similar impressive  records who quite simply have failed to match their reputation when pulling a Town shirt on.

I always thought he was overrated.....and had my doubts.....I cross my fingers he can produce over the next weeks.

Edited by TheNorwegianViking