Man City v Burton

44 posts in this topic

One more beats their result vs Huddersfield in 1987

Another final secured against easy beats, Citeh might draw someone difficult one year 

Always remember one of my Huddersfield mates leaving ground and policeman asked him the score on way back to the station , replied 10-0 , copper walled him up thought he was taking the piss out of him 

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

Another final secured against easy beats, Citeh might draw someone difficult one year 

Don't think City are bothered who they play.Fantastic footballing side.

Did my best to try and get him to sign for us.

12 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Second leg to come yet, Burton's JGnu1 is asking everyone to be positive.

If we lost 9-0 I’m sure JGN1 and awaydays and maybe Shaymen0 would still come away with a positive.

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

If we lost 9-0 I’m sure JGN1 and awaydays and maybe Shaymen0 would still come away with a positive.

It could have been 10?

24 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It could have been 10?

Correct. That’s what they would say. 

2 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

If Halifax Town were leading Burton Albion 9-0 at home with ten minutes left Daryl Clare would just come off the bench for them to score a triple hat-trick and make it 9-9.

4 sure

10 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Fantastic unlimited wallet

So have Man Utd!Just look at the difference.Guadiola best manager on the planet.He has taken football to another level.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Papa Lazarou as well & half a dozen more.

I went to the 0-8 game against Fulham. The positive I took was that we didn’t concede after the 65th minute! Still went to the next home game though.....

2 people like this

42 minutes ago, Tony Flower said:

I went to the 0-8 game against Fulham. The positive I took was that we didn’t concede after the 65th minute! Still went to the next home game though.....

Made the following season win all the sweeter !

2 people like this

5 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

So have Man Utd!Just look at the difference.Guadiola best manager on the planet.He has taken football to another level.

Pep is a great manager but he's always had great players at his disposal, i'd like to see him with a less fancied team one day and see if he could replicate his success.

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Pep is a great manager but he's always had great players at his disposal, i'd like to see him with a less fancied team one day and see if he could replicate his success.

Thing is Pep signs good players & makes them even better.Unlike Mourinho.

3 hours ago, greygoose said:

See, now this is probably one of the biggest myths in football. Look at City's squad in their last season under Pellegrini/first season under Guardiola, and look at their squad now. Guardiola has built that squad, he hasn't had it handed to him.

Edited by Lewis

20 minutes ago, Lewis said:

See, now this is probably one of the biggest myths in football. Look at City's squad in their last season under Pellegrini/first season under Guardiola, and look at their squad now. Guardiola has built that squad, he hasn't had it handed to him.

Built on the cheap ? They probably have players earning our annual budget weeky

Wonder what the aggregate score will be? Could have been worse...0-13 against Stockport for example! 

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

Yes gone out and bought some of the worlds best young players with unlimited funds. Theres no myth its a fact he's manged 3 of the richest clubs in the world.

My point is id like to see him at a Watford or Southampton and see how he got on when he basically had to work with what he had.

Just heard he's applied for the Gateshead job, he loves a challenge

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

Yes gone out and bought some of the worlds best young players with unlimited funds. Theres no myth its a fact he's manged 3 of the richest clubs in the world.

My point is id like to see him at a Watford or Southampton and see how he got on when he basically had to work with what he had.

He's also gone and transformed careers as well - he's turned Fabian Delph from a player that was out of his depth at City into a very capable left back. Chances are he'd be a huge success at a smaller club.

Pep is the biggest fraud that modern day football has ever witnessed. Not fit to lace Sir Alex’s boots. 

1 person likes this