Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Braintree

386 posts in this topic

Just now, mjc12345 said:

You have to be joking with regards to Skarz! He could hardly run today. Kossy was back more than him!

I do agree with you. Today he was off the pace 

1 minute ago, JRW said:

I've watched every home game and a few away games and we are shite.  There!

Reading the article about the Cup game against Man City put me in a reflective mood and I have come to the conclusion we are shite but it's our shite .

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

The worrying thing what I have seen in the last 2 games our will to battle hasn’t been there and we have been out fought and out played by both Harrogate and more alarmingly Braintree.,Today we have drawn but we have played far better and lost this season ,Braintree looked exactly what they are a team that is bottom of the league they have totally outplayed us and still never looked like.wining ,It would have been nice if we would have had 1 shot on target we would have probably won.There is nobody who has defended JF like I have this season but today we were abysmal,We don’t look interested and to me that is worrying.

Out played by Harrogate and Braintree yet neither beat us

2 minutes ago, awaydays said:

I noticed you chickened out of your ‘chat’ with Kossy. 

Haha nice one. Never was going to have a “chat”. Anyway yet again he played garbage. 

Why is Johnson so slow at realising the ball from the back? Get it started it again. Scarz can hardly run. Kossy same old every game and from his reaction at FT I don't think we will be seeing him again this season. Maher can't pass. Preston is a one trick pony. Southwell runs and runs and runs but just doesn't seem to get anyway. We have a subs bench we don't use. McLeod not even in the team when he looks like he can give it a go from the 1 game he has started. Absolute clueless. He just stands there shouting UP UP UP ... GET OUT!

Braintree are bottom of the league and you'd expect them to be fighting for their lives and picking up hard fought points, especially in games like this. But to put today into context, this was just their 6th point since October. They are the worst team in the league by some considerable distance, but JGN1 - and presumably some others - believe one shot against them and a point isn't so bad. Because we won against Harrogate.

The day beating a team that's come from the glue leagues is the highlight of our season, that's the time to pack it the feck in. Until that actually happens, how about we all sing from the same sheet - as JGN1 suggests - and demand the club get rid of this inept fecking manager before it's too late.

3 people like this

17 minutes ago, Greggs said:

You literally can not see anything about the last 3 months or today that was wrong. Hopefully he'll get the sack tonight. In answer to your question. No we are not. We will be though. FACT!

To be replaced by whom?

Alex Ferguson?

You snowflakes need to realise a season is a long time in football. Look at todays results with dover beating wrexham and Gateshead losing at home.

Whether you like him or not, he is getting points on the board. Today Braintree worked extremely hard and were very pacey in attack. Too many of you assumed being bottom makes the game easy - it doesnt. You all also expected Quigley to score a hatful when he hadnt played all season. He got himself in good positions twice, a 1 on 1 and free in area at the end. He looked short of match fitness, but will do a job.

The booing helps noone, it means players become less inclined to gamble. It makes players more defensive. Today in the second half Halifax took the game to Braintree, but they defended with 10 men behind the ball and then broke with pace.

If some supporters put as much effort into getting behind their team and supporting them as they do criticising the manager , team and other supporters we would have a phenomenal support. Unfortunately the most vocal, irrelevant individuals on here dont even attend matches.

Fullarton isnt a bad manager. The team are capable and continue to collect points.

Wake up and get a dose of realism, realise where we are and get realistic expectations. 

1 person likes this

Don’t know where I am on the pyramid of emotions tonight but I’m not feeling great about the remaining games 

14 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Is that all we are going to hear for the rest of the season? Halifax get relegated but we won at Harrogate and you didn't expect that so all is well.

No just today. To counteract the people playing hell that we didn’t beat Braintree. I didn’t see as much praise lavished for beating Harrogate away as I do doom and gloom for a draw 

Just now, shaymenRup said:

To be replaced by whom?

Alex Ferguson?

You snowflakes need to realise a season is a long time in football. Look at todays results with dover beating wrexham and Gateshead losing at home.

Whether you like him or not, he is getting points on the board. Today Braintree worked extremely hard and were very pacey in attack. Too many of you assumed being bottom makes the game easy - it doesnt. You all also expected Quigley to score a hatful when he hadnt played all season. He got himself in good positions twice, a 1 on 1 and free in area at the end. He looked short of match fitness, but will do a job.

The booing helps noone, it means players become less inclined to gamble. It makes players more defensive. Today in the second half Halifax took the game to Braintree, but they defended with 10 men behind the ball and then broke with pace.

If some supporters put as much effort into getting behind their team and supporting them as they do criticising the manager , team and other supporters we would have a phenomenal support. Unfortunately the most vocal, irrelevant individuals on here dont even attend matches.

Fullarton isnt a bad manager. The team are capable and continue to collect points.

Wake up and get a dose of realism, realise where we are and get realistic expectations. 

Superb post 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Braintree are an appalling team and will go down to have as many chances as they had and not look like scoring says enough to me.

1 minute ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

No but you could give them credit for a clean sheet? So if Matty Brown reads this forum at least he will see I have him some credit 

Clean sheet or no clean sheet, we've sat back and drawn at home to a team that are bottom of the league. A team that conceded four twice over Christmas. If you think that's acceptable because we kept a clean sheet, then you should probably take your rose tinted glasses off.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, shaymenRup said:

To be replaced by whom?

Alex Ferguson?

“Fullarton isn’t a bad manager” 1 win in 23 games :lol:

2 people like this

Just now, shaymenRup said:

To be replaced by whom?

Alex Ferguson?

Ok if you say so. We didn't set up to win the game against the team bottom. But i'll accept thats more than acceptable. There charging 20 pound to watch that crap. 

THAT WAS SHITE

1 person likes this

Just now, Lewis said:

Clean sheet or no clean sheet, we've sat back and drawn at home to a team that are bottom of the league. A team that conceded four twice over Christmas. If you think that's acceptable because we kept a clean sheet, then you should probably take your rose tinted glasses off.

No my love. Just offering a positive in a sea of negatives. Clean sheet is a clean sheet. No matter who it is against 

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Braintree are bottom of the league and you'd expect them to be fighting for their lives and picking up hard fought points, especially in games like this. But to put today into context, this was just their 6th point since October. They are the worst team in the league by some considerable distance, but JGN1 - and presumably some others - believe one shot against them and a point isn't so bad. Because we won against Harrogate.

The day beating a team that's come from the glue leagues is the highlight of our season, that's the time to pack it the feck in. Until that actually happens, how about we all sing from the same sheet - as JGN1 suggests - and demand the club get rid of this inept fecking manager before it's too late.

I’m waiting for you to get a ticking off for deliberately trying to wind me up. Won’t hold my breath. 

Who said it’s ok? Some of us like to review the whole season. Not one game! 

Beating Harrogate away raised all the expectations and made us all think we turned a corner. Last two have brought everyone back down to earth. Nice one, blooming unexpected results!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

No just today. To counteract the people playing hell that we didn’t beat Braintree. I didn’t see as much praise lavished for beating Harrogate away as I do doom and gloom for a draw 

No I agree with you on that point there wasn't as much praise as there should of been, whether that was down to the shock factor I don't know. Should we start a winning run then maybe the praise will build like the criticism has been building on our bad run.

Just put the fraud on gardening leave and keep paying his wages if we can’t pay him off in 1 go .

let brown and Clarke take over till we get another manager , and before anyone bleats but who can we get ! It matters not as this as bad as it gets 

45 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

NOBODY expected a win at Harrogate so why SHOULD we win at home against a team fighting for their lives?

I hope (and I’m pretty certain they won’t) that the majority on this forum get nowhere near to ever buying this club

You argue that it’s because you are pasionate about the club. But you are utterly utterly unrealistic 

If you cant expect to beat comfortabely the worst team in the league at home, who can you expect to beat?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

To be replaced by whom?

Alex Ferguson?

Simply deluded.A good manager tries to win football matches.Everyone knew Preston should have come off today instead of Southwell.Why is it the same repetitive substitutions every week?

What is the point of having 4 strikers on the pitch?When your midfield is 30/40 yards away from them.

That performance was unacceptable & the South Stand let the players know it.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Hang on...is that a good thing? Can’t quite work out what positive we ought to be taking from having one shot in 90 mins at home against bottom.

Just now, ewalsh said:

Beating Harrogate away raised all the expectations and made us all think we turned a corner. Last two have brought everyone back down to earth. Nice one, blooming unexpected results!

Correct. 

No progress has been made at all.  But as long as we keep our head above water this season then JF I'm sure will get tbe chance to carry on building in the summer. 

My concern is that there is no evidence of what style of football JF wants to play.  Its just all a bit flat and meh. No footballing identity. 

1 person likes this