Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Braintree

386 posts in this topic

JG1, go and get your tea, you haven't stop messaging!

We all know though that no one can't polish a turd. Fullerton Out! When do we want it, Now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Dear grey goose. Heath was taking us down. I don’t want my club to go down. I note that Pliny was Heaths bum boy yet hates JF. 

We'll never know if Heath would have taken us down but we might find out with with JF. Either way you still dont show any balance so its clear your a wind up but fair play as your getting plenty bites.

Edited by greygoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greygoose said:

We'll never know if Heath would have taken us down but we might find out with with JF. Either way you still dont show any balance so like i said its clear your a wind up but fair play you as your getting plenty bites.

Not at all. I thought Heath was taking us down as I think Conference North is his level. However I believe JF can be good for us with a little time and patience. What’s wrong with that? Are you going to take issue with Pliny loving Heath and not JF? Nah. Thought not. Please don’t ASSume. Just ask Hoddie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

JG1, go and get your tea, you haven't stop messaging!

We all know though that no one can't polish a turd. Fullerton Out! When do we want it, Now!

I’ve had it. Not even drinking tonight either. Long day ahead tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

You respect other peoples' opinion unless they hurl abuse. Says the one hurling abuse. For the record, you abused me several times before I returned the favour. Look, I genuinely don't know if you're a troll or just reality-challenged or something, but you're boring just about everyone with your "but we won at Harrogate" nonsense. It amazes me that anyone can think this club is in a good position and moving forward despite not winning more than two league games in five months. I can almost understand Scot trying to put a positive spin on things on behalf of his mate, but Halifax Town supporters have seen this many times before and I'd wager we know a downward trajectory more than anyone. The current trajectory for this club isn't just Conference North, it's the Unibond. Two wins in five months. Jesus, that has to be one of the ten worst periods of form in Halifax Town's 108 year history. But we won at Harrogate, so y'know, all is well.

#fakeignored

Get real Hoddie, all National Teams are allowed to be exempt from relegation if at the start of the season they nominate a “joker” match that should they win allows them to stay up. #obviousrules

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vinnyweknuts said:

Get real Hoddie, all National Teams are allowed to be exempt from relegation if at the start of the season they nominate a “joker” match that should they win allows them to stay up. #obviousrules

 

Now you’re just being silly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FortressShay said:

Because you’re the common denominator. State your opinion, no problem. Repeatedly post childish comments and ruin threads, pain in the arse. 

I appreciate moderating a forum takes time, and I certainly wouldn’t have time to do it, but posters like you ruining thread after thread should be dealt with.

They won't be, they never are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Not at all. I thought Heath was taking us down as I think Conference North is his level. However I believe JF can be good for us with a little time and patience. What’s wrong with that? Are you going to take issue with Pliny loving Heath and not JF? Nah. Thought not. Please don’t ASSume. Just ask Hoddie. 

From what I've read Plinny didn't love Heath he just though (as did i and a few more) that the stick he got was over the top considering his achivement of a promotion. He wasn't just dislkied as a manger but hated by some and it was ridiculous so yes i personally showed some sympathy to his treatment.

We were also told by the likes of you that things couldnt get any worse, well here we are 12 months down the line and the same people want another manger out as were back to where we were. Well i say the same people, apart from you obviously who seems to think its different this time. At least everyone else seems to be consistent in what they consider acceptable results and performances.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scot said:

Today wasn't good enough a performance  ...simple as that ...I've listened to every game and watched every one live on the bookies 'heat map' to try and get a feel for the game and today frustrated me ........and I'm in Glasgow  

Sounded flat and not enough created so there is little point kidding on that is was acceptable and I'm pretty sure the players and manager know it

Positives are Hanson in permanently and a new striker who has just arrived.

Its a point ...a clean sheet but not one thing more than that ....must do better next game

This team can compete but they need to click

Not one mention of the manager & his woeful tactics.Just stands there with his hands in his pockets doing sweet fook all!

How many more chances is this manager going to get to turn it around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greygoose said:

From what I've read Plinny didn't love Heath he just though (as did i and a few more) that the stick he got was over the top considering his achivement of a promotion. He wasn't just dislkied as a manger but hated by some and it was ridiculous so yes i personally showed some sympathy to his treatment.

We were also told by the likes of you that things couldnt get any worse, well here we are 12 months down the line and the same people want another manger out as were back to where we were. Well i say the same people, apart from you obviously who seems to think its different this time. At least everyone else seems to be consistent in what they consider acceptable results and performances.

Taking us up and then down again. That would have been some achievement. I will bet my life savings with you that we won’t go down this season. JF saves us from relegation and then had to assemble a new squad. Heath didn’t have that challenge. He took us up with that squad and was on the verge of taking us down with that squad. 

My expectation was always to stay up this season (step backward) and build on that the following season. That hasn’t changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ashy1966 said:

Not one mention of the manager & his woeful tactics.Just stands there with his hands in his pockets doing sweet fook all!

How many more chances is this manager going to get to turn it around?

Ashy ...I pretty much said the manager and players know it wasn't good enough today ...you might have missed that ?

Any manager sends players out with a plan and sometimes it doesn't happen or they don't perform ...today sounded poor ..no getting away from that

The team are not at the bottom or near the bottom so it has to be a game at a time ...some positives this week but today was flat....I still think this team and squad aren't far away

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scot said:

Ashy ...I pretty much said the manager and players know it wasn't good enough today ...you might have missed that ?

Any manager sends players out with a plan and sometimes it doesn't happen or they don't perform ...today sounded poor ..no getting away from that

The team are not at the bottom or near the bottom so it has to be a game at a time ...some positives this week but today was flat....I still think this team and squad aren't far away

 

We seem to struggle without Tomlinson. Ben is a key figure for us. Maybe if we go 4 4 2 with him in the right and Quigley plus one up top we might fair better. I did think it would take time for things to gel and all that but I did expect a win today. Let's hope we can best Solihull in the cup and then we are away, I think, and we seem to be playing better away at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Words fail me after another x rated display, second to every ball, more passing to Braintree players than our own, not one shot on target, a manager who looks like he is just waiting for a taxi on the touch line, one thing for sure if the BOD allow this to continue the Shay will become a graveyard when the only people there will be themselves.Sad when the best response from the fans is the 8 requests to try and find the Green Team Leader who was so bored today did a runner.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

We seem to struggle without Tomlinson. Ben is a key figure for us. Maybe if we go 4 4 2 with him in the right and Quigley plus one up top we might fair better. I did think it would take time for things to gel and all that but I did expect a win today. Let's hope we can best Solihull in the cup and then we are away, I think, and we seem to be playing better away at the moment.

Away at Barrow. Yeah Thommo transformed as a player under JF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Now you’re just being silly 

You started it!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Scot said:

Ashy ...I pretty much said the manager and players know it wasn't good enough today ...you might have missed that ?

Any manager sends players out with a plan and sometimes it doesn't happen or they don't perform ...today sounded poor ..no getting away from that

The team are not at the bottom or near the bottom so it has to be a game at a time ...some positives this week but today was flat....I still think this team and squad aren't far away

 

If said players aren’t following the managers plan....bring them off or drop them....these don’t happen so we have to assume the manager is happy and that’s why the blame lies with him.

Southwell off today was greeted with the jeers it deserved, Preston (one of JFs favourites) was abysmal yet stayed on the pitch.  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Scot said:

Any manager sends players out with a plan and sometimes it doesn't happen or they don't perform

 

And it's the manager's responsibility to ensure that the players do take on his plan and ultimately, perform. When this doesn't happen more often than not, the manager's position should rightfully be questioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Cue the predictable outrage from the drama queens that don’t realise that Rome wasn’t built in a day 

The only reason it wasn't built in a day was because I wasn't on that job,

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Taking us up and then down again. That would have been some achievement. I will bet my life savings with you that we won’t go down this season. JF saves us from relegation and then had to assemble a new squad. Heath didn’t have that challenge. He took us up with that squad and was on the verge of taking us down with that squad. 

My expectation was always to stay up this season (step backward) and build on that the following season. That hasn’t changed. 

Heaths squad was a PT conference north squad so of course it struggled, what did you expect? Pound for pound Heath was a better manager altbeit not a great one.

We have a modern day coach who has the players in training more than any manager since we went bust. Loads of time to work on things but we stuggle to string more than 2 passes together on a match day.He didnt exactly rebuild in the summer the core was already in place, most of his best players are the ones he didnt sign.

I fully accept we as a club are not a big fish at this level but we are being seriously short changed by this group and manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greygoose said:

Heaths squad was a PT conference north squad so of course it struggled, what did you expect? Pound for pound Heath was a better manager altbeit not a great one.

We have a modern day coach who has the players in training more than any manager since we went bust. Loads of time to work on things but we stuggle to string more than 2 passes together on a match day.He didnt exactly rebuild in the summer the core was already in place, most of his best players are the ones he didnt sign.

I fully accept we as a club are not a big fish at this level but we are being seriously short changed by this group and manager. 

Aspin had a PT team and got us to the Play Offs but guess he was one in a million. 

Happy to agree to disagree on the rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, olitheshayman said:

What to say about today's game?
It's two points dropped, no questions asked. Braintree Town are going down and they're not making any pretenses about pulling off any sort of great escape any time soon. Today's performance was rubbish, the crap-o-meter bust a spring and has been sent in to the repair man again. Not a single player out there for us had a good first touch, but overall it was astonishing that we didn't seem to have a plan on how to take maximum points against the bottom team at home. How? We did have some semblance of a plan against Harrogate on Boxing Day (albeit after half time) and against Gateshead away, and you come away from those matches thinking we gave a good showing against tough opposition. Fair enough.

Today though the first half was dismal, boring and poor. In the second half we saw why Braintree are bottom of the league. They were no good in attack or defence, and in a truly uneventful game they gave us 2 pr 3 opportunities to just score almost by default- Quigley's run through in the first half (Quigley didn't look fit today), the blatant hand ball that wasn't given in the second half, and then the woeful missed header that should have landed on Quigley's foot if he bothered sticking it out.

On the many occasions when we gave the ball away to them it was more likely that they'd give it away than really punish us for it. But for us, whether it landed at the feet of Preston, Kosylo or even Jacob Hanson, the ball was miscontrolled, ushered out of play or into a one way street, and it wasn't down to these individuals but often down to them not having a team mate to pass to. It felt like a random assortment of players were chucked onto the pitch. What's criminal is that again, nothing was done to change this throughout the whole 90 minutes. Edwards was brought on as a like for like sub for Southwell. That was it. 

We will regret this result, just like how we'll regret the drubbings against our relegation rivals. Our Christmas campaign has been average with some glimmers of hope, but today is a stark reminder of how incapable we are of scoring in general, how dependent we are one or two players to help lift a really average starting 11 (back 4 excepted) and how blunt and useless our general plan is.

As for the match atmosphere- the prices have scared off most people, and combined with some really terrible home matches that's left the Shay deathly quiet except for the yellow and green team leader sirens going off. I know we can have these sorts of atmospheres now and again, but I've experienced this now for 4 matches over the Christmas period. This is not looking good in general. But I'll stand by for the occasional good moment like Southwell's winner v harrogate. The intervals between moments like that are gonna be long and tedious from now on.  
 

Excellent post.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Words fail me after another x rated display, second to every ball, more passing to Braintree players than our own, not one shot on target, a manager who looks like he is just waiting for a taxi on the touch line, one thing for sure if the BOD allow this to continue the Shay will become a graveyard when the only people there will be themselves.Sad when the best response from the fans is the 8 requests to try and find the Green Team Leader who was so bored today did a runner.

The yellow team leader that kept running up and down the east stand steps look alot fitter than some of our starting 11 today.

I think they were trying to create some atmosphere today by constantly asking for the green team leader cos it got the crowd going.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye. Very fine margins. If only the new striker had anticipated that ball and we had been given the pen. We would be talking about a 1-0 win. Football eh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0