Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fullerton must go now

65 posts in this topic

Don't know what the answer is?

Last season JF 10/10 for improving matters and turning us around, this season 1/10. When we were scoring before Tomlinson got injured the goals were mainly from his set pieces, JF had no Plan B thereafter.

JF is now sadly limited on his skills to turn us around, although when he decides to speak his glibness is unlimited . . . empty vessels come to mind.

Merry Christmas! Hope it's a Happy Hogmanay for the Town fans too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caygillwashere said:

Don't know what the answer is?

Last season JF 10/10 for improving matters and turning us around, this season 1/10. When we were scoring before Tomlinson got injured the goals were mainly from his set pieces, JF had no Plan B thereafter.

JF is now sadly limited on his skills to turn us around, although when he decides to speak his glibness is unlimited . . . empty vessels come to mind.

Merry Christmas! Hope it's a Happy Hogmanay for the Town fans too!

You are right Caygill. JF hasn't done himself any favours with the fans for his inability to change things. But I saw some improvement (if only small amounts) today. Lets hope that either through sheer desperation or a change in ability (hope its the later) that we see an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Cheer up AJ. we all go through that feeling at some point, your too young to remember some of the really bad days late 60s B) 

 

late sixties was pretty good in my memory:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steve lumb said:

late sixties was pretty good in my memory:)

Late 60's saw 17,000 down't Shay and a promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steve lumb said:

late sixties was pretty good in my memory:)

We are talking about HTFC arnt we Steve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

We are talking about HTFC arnt we Steve?

we are, see Trev post above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

we are, see Trev post above

Yes, seen it. I must have slept through that :doh:. When was it we got thrashed by Fulham 8-1 at home?

Edited by Macam blue
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Macam blue said:

Yes, seen it. I must have slept through that :doh:. When was it we got thrashed by Fulham 8-1?

it was 8-0, first season after promotion I think. And could have been 5-5 at half time but couldn't score that day............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steve lumb said:

it was 8-0, first season after promotion I think. And could have been 5-5 at half time but couldn't score that day............

and following season we beat them 2-1 to end up with our highest ever finish. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

and following season we beat them 2-1 to end up with our highest ever finish. 

remember that well :D George Kirby era. played with some style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

we are, see Trev post above

Changed it to late 70s Steve :) just picked a random era to lighten AJ.s Mood. Didn't expect anyone to pick me up on it. Apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kellster said:

I’m not saying he should go or stay. All I am saying there is no magic wand. Only very small gains can be made by the points you have raised. The main factor is quality of player we can afford on our budget. A new manager comes in, players leave players join. Some marginally better, some worse. The end result is the same, within  a couple of points here and there. All I am saying is as fans we need to realise who and where we are.

A couple of points here and there? We've won 1 in 17 so im pretty sure we could improve a fair bit. I get what your saying in some respects but if were going to stick with poor football just because were not as rich as other clubs then we may aswell just call it a day and play glue league stuff.

Edited by greygoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kellster said:

I’m not saying he should go or stay. All I am saying there is no magic wand. Only very small gains can be made by the points you have raised. The main factor is quality of player we can afford on our budget. A new manager comes in, players leave players join. Some marginally better, some worse. The end result is the same, within  a couple of points here and there. All I am saying is as fans we need to realise who and where we are.

It's a while ago now but I wonder what, if anything, was the difference in budget between the squad that nearly got relegated in 1996/7 and title winners in 1997/98.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, greygoose said:

A couple of points here and there? We've won 1 in 17 so im pretty sure we could improve a fair bit. I get what your saying in some respects but if were going to stick with poor football just because were not as rich as other clubs then we ahoyld just call it a day.

Carry on with this failing manager with his limited ability to recognise what is wrong on the pitch and how to change things then long serving fed up supporters will call it a day. Some have already gone since the reformation of the club coupled with the long suffering reigns of the current and previous manager more will follow if the board fail to address the immediate decline at the club. Don't forget that the pricing structure and standard of football do little to entice new fans especially the youngsters to replace those supporters.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greygoose said:

The team are training more now than ever before yet we dont seem very fit or have any idea how to attack. The team lacks players who can actually pass the ball yet we turned down the chance to sign a player that would have improved this area. It took our manger 3 months to realise your allowed to use your subs bench but he still doesn't know you can also change formation when its not working. Only due to injury did Cameron King start getting games again after being dropped in favour of a player everyone knew was poor. We've played most of the season with defenders in midfield whilst overloading our squad with wingers.

I could go on but that covers lots of things that have nothing to do with money. We all know that when it comes to finances we can not dine st the top table in this division. But i also think we know when were seeing poor value for money and we were told that this FT model would give us a better chance. To be fair we look fairly well organised defensively at times but thats probably due to having 6 defenders on the pitch, other than that we've gone backwards in every area since going FT.

Wise words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, greygoose said:

A couple of points here and there? We've won 1 in 17 so im pretty sure we could improve a fair bit. I get what your saying in some respects but if were going to stick with poor football just because were not as rich as other clubs then we may aswell just call it a day and play glue league stuff.

You can only play better quality football with better quality players. These players cost money that we haven’t got. So we are stuck with the quality of player we can afford. We may have no option to stick with the lower leagues as our budget dictates. Yes it’s a crap scenario and rubbish football. Yes it’s frustrating. But this is us. This is who we are until that magic wand is waved and our budget improves. I’m just saying changing the manager is not going to make much difference unless our budget improves or a miracle happens. Right or wrong, the manager will be putting teams out to get a result, with  style of play way down the priority list. If he tries to play more expansive with this squad, in this league, I believe results would be even worse. 

Edited by kellster
Typo
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We played okay until kosy switched sides. All of a sudden Sutton found loads of room down there right hand side. Why switch it in the first place and why not switch it back if it wasn't working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AndyStafford said:

It's a while ago now but I wonder what, if anything, was the difference in budget between the squad that nearly got relegated in 1996/7 and title winners in 1997/98.

Great point! And one off miracles do occur with a combination of factors. Look at Leicester City winning the league. But these scenarios aren’t the norm.  The point I’m making is the playing budget is the main factor in quality of squad. Yes, good coaching and tactics can bridge gaps, but only marginally (unless that one off miracle occurs). 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some players that aren't performing for Fullarton might play for a different manager . A different manager might know players that are suited to this league . Sutton weren't outstanding, their players were nothing special but they got three points, we got none

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many more teams will roll up at the Shay and leave with the spoils unless our manager suddenly realises that he can change things around if things aren't working and even adopt new tactics before we go out on the pitch. Changing things around may not work every time but what we have at the moment has worked once in seventeen league games, form that will see us in the North next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 up front at home against a team that’s won 1 in 8 , dropping McLeod after a good game Tuesday! 

playing the same system irrespective, hasn’t made a sub that has changed a game since he’s been here. There really are no signs that  things will improve

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kellster said:

You can only play better quality football with better quality players. These players cost money that we haven’t got. So we are stuck with the quality of player we can afford. We may have no option to stick with the lower leagues as our budget dictates. Yes it’s a crap scenario and rubbish football. Yes it’s frustrating. But this is us. This is who we are until that magic wand is waved and our budget improves. I’m just saying changing the manager is not going to make much difference unless our budget improves or a miracle happens. Right or wrong, the manager will be putting teams out to get a result, with  style of play way down the priority list. If he tries to play more expansive with this squad, in this league, I believe results would be even worse. 

Quality players dont have to cost a fortune, we dont appear to shop in the lower leagues these days for example. How many really good players have we got from lower down in recent years? Yes we've been very lucky with some but we dont even appear to try this route anymore.

Im not the type of fan demanding us to challenge for promotion but equally i cant accept 1 win in 17 because 'this is us' and our finances dictate results. As stated earlier there are lots of things non finance related that JF has got wrong. And i dont believe he's invested his budget (however small) very wisely since turning FT. Theres defiantly scope for someone else to come in and do better than whats happening at the moment. You may think thats unlkely or at best will see only small improvement but i for one am willing to take the risk.

Edited by greygoose
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough is enough, the manager must go now. The whole club is a shambles at the moment. The only person to change it is the chairman he knows what he must do has he got the balls to do it, we will see, over to you Dave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

Enough is enough, the manager must go now. The whole club is a shambles at the moment. The only person to change it is the chairman he knows what he must do has he got the balls to do it, we will see, over to you Dave. 

Dithering Dave ain’t going to make a change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Dithering Dave ain’t going to make a change

Blithering Bobby and slithering Steve might force him to do so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0