Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Barrow Away

24 posts in this topic

Not an easy game with it being away from home and taking into account our injuries and suspensions. I am hoping JF takes the game to them and goes for the win from the off. I've just been thinking about who to pick in the team and it's a difficult choice given who we have left. I would hope that our squad is bolster this week, otherwise, the way things are going, we will struggle to have anyone on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope we can pull off a shock away win against all odds and progress to round two. If we do, let's hope for a home game because we need all the brass we can get.

UTS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Not an easy game with it being away from home and taking into account our injuries and suspensions. I am hoping JF takes the game to them and goes for the win from the off. I've just been thinking about who to pick in the team and it's a difficult choice given who we have left. I would hope that our squad is bolster this week, otherwise, the way things are going, we will struggle to have anyone on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope we can pull off a shock away win against all odds and progress to round two. If we do, let's hope for a home game because we need all the brass we can get.

UTS

Are you joining us Erik? Well done for making it last eeek by the way. Good to see you remembered the way from the station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Not an easy game with it being away from home and taking into account our injuries and suspensions. I am hoping JF takes the game to them and goes for the win from the off. I've just been thinking about who to pick in the team and it's a difficult choice given who we have left. I would hope that our squad is bolster this week, otherwise, the way things are going, we will struggle to have anyone on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope we can pull off a shock away win against all odds and progress to round two. If we do, let's hope for a home game because we need all the brass we can get.

UTS

Wow, this has to be one of the earliest match threads I’ve ever seen :lol:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to be hearing anybody saying it's a throwaway game and that we need to concentrate on the league. 

The Trophy final gave us one of our favourite days out in our lifetimes and we should want to win every game we play, otherwise what's the point! 

Its going to be a very tough game. I won't be going, but fair play to those who will be a week before Xmas after all. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has either club announced if the tie will be played to a conclusion on Saturday or if there will be a replay if needed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Has either club announced if the tie will be played to a conclusion on Saturday or if there will be a replay if needed? 

You'd think that both clubs would want that. We certainly wouldn't want the cost of opening the shay for 400 people on a tuesday night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Not an easy game with it being away from home and taking into account our injuries and suspensions. I am hoping JF takes the game to them and goes for the win from the off. I've just been thinking about who to pick in the team and it's a difficult choice given who we have left. I would hope that our squad is bolster this week, otherwise, the way things are going, we will struggle to have anyone on the bench.

Anyway, let's hope we can pull off a shock away win against all odds and progress to round two. If we do, let's hope for a home game because we need all the brass we can get.

UTS

How can we make money from 800 crowds in the FA Micky Mouse Trophy when we lost money from actually winning it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greg45 said:

Wow, this has to be one of the earliest match threads I’ve ever seen :lol:

Thats what i was thinking, presumed the game was tomorrow or Tuesday... very premature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shayite 432 said:

How can we make money from 800 crowds in the FA Micky Mouse Trophy when we lost money from actually winning it?

On the back of that win we sold the most season tickets we'd ever sold. The amount of shirts and scarves we sold was good too. So did we actually lose money? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr B would lead you to believe it to be so. Even complaining about the cost of Wembley suits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don´t believe we cannot make money from this.

The Buildbase FA Trophy
Season 2018-19
Payments made from The FA's prize fund

Extra preliminary round (27) £2,000
Preliminary round (56) £3,000
First round qualifying (72) £3,250
Second round qualifying £4,000
Third round qualifying (40) £5,000
First round (32) £6,000
Second round (16) £7,000
Third round (8) £8,000
Fourth round (4) £10,000
Semi-Final (2) £20,000
Final runners-up (1) £30,000
Final winners (1) £60,000

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course we made money from the Trophy when we won it :doh:

The infamous "breaking even" gripe from D-Buz was on the back of paying off two managers following on from a significant drop in crowds from playing crap football.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Of course we made money from the Trophy when we won it :doh:

The infamous "breaking even" gripe from D-Buz was on the back of paying off two managers following on from a significant drop in crowds from playing crap football.

Glad that such a scenario will never be repeated

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, awaydays said:

Are you joining us Erik? Well done for making it last eeek by the way. Good to see you remembered the way from the station.

No. If you're going to take the puss make sure you spell your words correctly. Eeek.

:lol:

Not only did I remember the way, my friend is now a fledgling Shayman and has said he'll happily come to another game and that he enjoyed the Wimbledon game. He did comment on how seriously I took the game and that I encouraged the players all the way through the game and that I applauded the players off the field. I hope you do the same when you follow the team home and away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shayite 432 said:

How can we make money from 800 crowds in the FA Micky Mouse Trophy when we lost money from actually winning it?

As Steve outlined in his post, there is money to be made from the cup. You never know we might be drawn against some of our local rivals like York or Stockport (not sure if they are still in the competition) and we might get a decent crowd or two. The league is obviously the most important thing but the cup is not to be dismissed.

I also agree with Pliny that we did make money out of the cup. We received some of the overall takings from the final as well as money from each round. 

If it was any less than £50 000 I will be astonished but it could be anything up to £100 000. Am I right in thinking that the cup organisers paid for our accomodation and travel down to Wembley? If not, it was still a financial success for the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shayite 432 said:

How can we make money from 800 crowds in the FA Micky Mouse Trophy when we lost money from actually winning it?

Damn suits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

No. If you're going to take the puss make sure you spell your words correctly. Eeek.

:lol:

Not only did I remember the way, my friend is now a fledgling Shayman and has said he'll happily come to another game and that he enjoyed the Wimbledon game. He did comment on how seriously I took the game and that I encouraged the players all the way through the game and that I applauded the players off the field. I hope you do the same when you follow the team home and away.

I wasn’t taking the puss and thought you did well attending last eeek.

Your encouragement from the East stand was noted, you did a fine job. I always give it 100% when supporting the team.

Merry Christmas Erik.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to remember a healthy profit was made selling merchandise.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, awaydays said:

I wasn’t taking the puss and thought you did well attending last eeek.

Your encouragement from the East stand was noted, you did a fine job. I always give it 100% when supporting the team.

Merry Christmas Erik.

Merry Christmas to you too and let's hope for six points against Harrogate.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a competition we should always take seriously, I would love another Wembley appearance. This is the only trophy we have a realistic chance of winning, yes we should be ‘aiming’ to win the league every season, and play offs are always a possibility, but this is our best shot at silverware. Winning the trophy was the only thing that made the relegation season even remotely bareable. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2018, 19:01:09, riccardo259 said:

This is a competition we should always take seriously, I would love another Wembley appearance. This is the only trophy we have a realistic chance of winning, yes we should be ‘aiming’ to win the league every season, and play offs are always a possibility, but this is our best shot at silverware. Winning the trophy was the only thing that made the relegation season even remotely bareable. 

West Riding Cup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, andrich said:

West Riding Cup!

Now you're talking. A got a little tingle just reading those three words 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Now you're talking. A got a little tingle just reading those three words 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0