Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dave's interview

141 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, steve lumb said:

ok, by mutual consent then, I apologise. I don't know DB you are right, but also doubt what you say since you seem to have a personal vendetta. But hey ho it's all about opinions

Wrong again!! Know all, not mutual consent either, Doubt that he blocked the trophy going to a dying man, that had saved the club previously?? Go do some homework, then come back and post!       Otherwise, shut up.

36 minutes ago, Jenna said:

Wrong again!! Know all, not mutual consent either, Doubt that he blocked the trophy going to a dying man, that had saved the club previously?? Go do some homework, then come back and post!       Otherwise, shut up.

You do admit you’re no longer employed by port vale though?

55 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

No was but not anymore. Db turned it down. 

How much was this so called player asking for in wages if your so in the "know" if it's next to nothing then I agree with you, if not and its highly inflated. Then nah give the board bashing a rest.

11 hours ago, TJAshton said:

No was but not anymore. Db turned it down. 

I guess for the reasons I said plus maybe he did not fancy relocating.

55 minutes ago, chadders said:

I guess for the reasons I said plus maybe he did not fancy relocating.

He was fine with it. DB turned it down due to him wanting £800/£900 a week. Good player too which is also frustrating. 

11 hours ago, Shaymen0 said:

How much was this so called player asking for in wages if your so in the "know" if it's next to nothing then I agree with you, if not and its highly inflated. Then nah give the board bashing a rest.

Haven’t bashed the board for turning it down I bash the board as they show no ambition, no fan engagement and are happy to sit just above the relegation zone. It’s obvious we need players in and the team needs strengthening and 1 win in 14 and not a player signed is a joke. But oh well 

Just now, TJAshton said:

He was fine with it. DB turned it down due to him wanting £800/£900 a week. Good player too which is also frustrating. 

It is but need to live within our means and not end up like the unfortunate Ebbsfleet and Kidderminster have this week.

1 person likes this

Just now, chadders said:

It is but need to live within our means and not end up like the unfortunate Ebbsfleet and Kidderminster have this week.

If we can't afford £800 a week for a decent player we are well and truly ####ed. You ain't gonna get anyone decent for £400 or £500. Well, apart the decent player that wanted to come to us but our manager didn't want him.

25 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

If we can't afford £800 a week for a decent player we are well and truly ####ed. You ain't gonna get anyone decent for £400 or £500. Well, apart the decent player that wanted to come to us but our manager didn't want him.

28 minutes ago, chadders said:

Let's get another Lenighan in on £350 then!!If we are paying crap money we end up with crap players.Yet we charge £20 a game.Disgusting really..

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Scot said:

Simple facts Hoddie ... Town enquired about a player last month and he will probably turn out against them tomorrow because he got much more money 

Like I said I’ve watched players before for him and it’s just how it goes sometimes 

We must be in the bottom 2or3 regarding budgets.

15 hours ago, Scot said:

At the end of the day if he club don’t invest in quality then that’s one thing ... but they then need to manage expectations because the fans pay their money 

When you see JF or speak to him next, ask him why he didn't sign Michael Collins. He wanted to come back to our club and he's now signed for Alfreton. I very much doubt that he'd be looking for a weekly wage that was outside our budget. Perfect signing.

If things don't work out at Bradford City then you are welcome back at The Shay. That was the statement the club issued so what's changed since then?

We are desperate for a midfielder and yet we had one in our doorstep and we let him go. We sign donkeys like Lenighan with a lorry load of baggage but not Collins. So now we'll be stuck with the company line of no one will play for us because we don't offer enough wages. 

Looks like JF is pinning all his hopes on Tommo coming back and doing a job.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Correct. 

Finally more and more people are waking up to the fact Titsworth & Co are taking us all for a ride.

Again, I urge you all to look at the wealth of our BOD, then tell me they can’t afford £800 a week?

We are a laughing stock, made so by the Bradford City mafia. 

And if anyone retorts with “Why should they spend their own money”, please, just give it a rest.

Boards of directors the length and breadth of the country are spending their own money.

2 people like this

55 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

Correct. 

Finally more and more people are waking up to the fact Titsworth & Co are taking us all for a ride.

Again, I urge you all to look at the wealth of our BOD, then tell me they can’t afford £800 a week?

We are a laughing stock, made so by the Bradford City mafia. 

And if anyone retorts with “Why should they spend their own money”, please, just give it a rest.

Boards of directors the length and breadth of the country are spending their own money.

I agree. We aren't talking millions we are looking at £50 000 split 3 ways. Not a lot really. I'm extremely pleased that our board run a tight ship but it's far too tight. Our business model is unsustainable unless they put a small amount of BOD invedtment in. They can afford to write off £50 000. Before all the fans say yeah well where does it end, £50 000 here and £50 000 there, we've just let a player that we are unlikely to find anyone as good as, go to a team in the league below. 

If we don't speculate in a measured way this season we are going down. If we go down, it's getting tougher and tougher to get back up.

Our squad is a reasonable one and only needs one or two players to bring it up to scratch and then we'll compete to a good standard in this league but without a midfield we've no chance.

26 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I agree. We aren't talking millions we are looking at £50 000 split 3 ways. Not a lot really. I'm extremely pleased that our board run a tight ship but it's far too tight. Our business model is unsustainable unless they put a small amount of BOD invedtment in. They can afford to write off £50 000. Before all the fans say yeah well where does it end, £50 000 here and £50 000 there, we've just let a player that we are unlikely to find anyone as good as, go to a team in the league below. 

If we don't speculate in a measured way this season we are going down. If we go down, it's getting tougher and tougher to get back up.

Our squad is a reasonable one and only needs one or two players to bring it up to scratch and then we'll compete to a good standard in this league but without a midfield we've no chance.

It saddens me to say this, but if we go down that’ll be it for me, and I was one of the 508 against Stalybridge at home in the really dark days of the mid 90’s.

I would follow the Shaymen in any league in any situation with a passionate Town supporting board in situ, but not with this set of jokers.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

When you see JF or speak to him next, ask him why he didn't sign Michael Collins. He wanted to come back to our club and he's now signed for Alfreton. I very much doubt that he'd be looking for a weekly wage that was outside our budget. Perfect signing.

If things don't work out at Bradford City then you are welcome back at The Shay. That was the statement the club issued so what's changed since then?

We are desperate for a midfielder and yet we had one in our doorstep and we let him go. We sign donkeys like Lenighan with a lorry load of baggage but not Collins. So now we'll be stuck with the company line of no one will play for us because we don't offer enough wages. 

Looks like JF is pinning all his hopes on Tommo coming back and doing a job.

Erik, I'm not sure why JF didn't sign him but I also think folk are going over board about him too.

He hasn't played for around 8 months and I'd only ask why no one else wanted him and he's ended up at Alfreton?

I absolutely accept that he was a decent player but they way this forum is, even if Collins came back and had a few bad games...the same folk would be saying 'Why did we bring him back , he's past it and not played for 8 months...surely we can do better?!'

People on here wouldn’t be happy whatever we did. 

DB puts his bollocks on the line by owning his own business.

JF puts his bollocks on the line by taking on the managers role. 

Critics on here scratch their bollocks every night watching television yet criticise everybody else. 

Why? Because it’s the easiest job in the world to criticise. 

2 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

People on here wouldn’t be happy whatever we did. 

DB puts his bollocks on the line by owning his own business.

JF puts his bollocks on the line by taking on the managers role. 

Critics on here scratch their bollocks every night watching television yet criticise everybody else. 

Why? Because it’s the easiest job in the world to criticise. 

JF gets paid to do a job.Which he  is doing poorly at the moment.

Edited by ashy1966

23 minutes ago, Scot said:

Erik, I'm not sure why JF didn't sign him but I also think folk are going over board about him too.

He hasn't played for around 8 months and I'd only ask why no one else wanted him and he's ended up at Alfreton?

I absolutely accept that he was a decent player but they way this forum is, even if Collins came back and had a few bad games...the same folk would be saying 'Why did we bring him back , he's past it and not played for 8 months...surely we can do better?!'

Over board about him? He helped to keep us up last season. He would have done the same this season if given chance. No signings Scot. Without them we are going down. Collins would have played for less than £800 a week. It's a no brainer.

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Over board about him? He helped to keep us up last season. He would have done the same this season if given chance. No signings Scot. Without them we are going down. Collins would have played for less than £800 a week. It's a no brainer.

No signings Erik ...not just Collins. That's the part where the club need to sort it out and get folk in

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

It saddens me to say this, but if we go down that’ll be it for me, and I was one of the 508 against Stalybridge at home in the really dark days of the mid 90’s.

I would follow the Shaymen in any league in any situation with a passionate Town supporting board in situ, but not with this set of jokers.

This is getting beyond a joke when Mr B would rather have the club relegated than try and save its position by releasing either the clubs or his own purse strings slightly. We are not talking about investing £1,000,000 £500,000 or even £100,000 but enough to sign someone like Collins or whoever else JF has targeted even if it on a short term contract. Our midfield is non existant, our strikeforce fires blanks, everybody can see this but Mr B counts his and the clubs pennies while FCHT  crashes and burns. No ambition at all, only in it for a personal ego boost.

22 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The 2000 that are still going are the proper fans. The others are fairweather and fickle. Essentially they are customers. 

You could make the point that the 2000 floaters are more important than the 2000 hardcore and although it won’t be popular you could make the case that to win the 2000 fickle fans is more important!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

This is getting beyond a joke when Mr B would rather have the club relegated than try and save its position by releasing either the clubs or his own purse strings slightly. We are not talking about investing £1,000,000 £500,000 or even £100,000 but enough to sign someone like Collins or whoever else JF has targeted even if it on a short term contract. Our midfield is non existant, our strikeforce fires blanks, everybody can see this but Mr B counts his and the clubs pennies while FCHT  crashes and burns. No ambition at all, only in it for a personal ego boost.

Control freak, vile!!!

47 minutes ago, Jenna said:

Control freak, vile!!!

There’s only one person being vile

3 people like this