Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dave's interview

141 posts in this topic

Hello Dave it looks like the full time model will be continued next season with a hope of 4 mornings a week. Will try and make money available for strengthening the squad. A positive interview on the courier website and again mentions money, but that is one of the chairmans roles to look after the money 

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Hello Dave it looks like the full time model will be continued next season with a hope of 4 mornings a week. Will try and make money available for strengthening the squad. A positive interview on the courier website and again mentions money, but that is one of the chairmans roles to look after the money 

Very positive but I found it a slightly strange interview which has left me asking several questions.

DB said that we entered this season with a six figure deficit. I find this very worrying. He seems quite happy with the current state of affairs. Why? I do wonder if he's on some sort of cash windfall high and he's not looking at our current situation clearly enough but he does seem happy. He did mention players coming back into the squad and by this I think he means Tomlinson because he's the guy we are pinning out season on, accompanied by Kossy. 

There were two key issues he raised and that was that we will definitely stay full time and we are looking to add to the amount of training and probably the most important thing, as far as this season goes was there should be some brass to strengthen the squad. Although, DB's "money available to strengthen" and the current market value and wages of players will probably differ significantly.

He definitely seems happy with the way things are going and he seems happy with JF. Let's hope for a strong second half to the season. Fingers crossed.

Yet again speaks simple common sense 

if we had had him as a chairman years ago we would have stayed in the league 

nick 

lights blue touch paper and retreats a safe distance :)

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

nick 

He spoke common sense but he's shyed away from areas. He has tried to put a positive front on things and it was probably one of his most positive interviews yet.

I totally agree with your comment about having him as chairman many moons ago. If only.

Edited by Erik Everhard

Can’t see us ever returning to part time as would clearly be a signal that we’re happy with conf north.

what we will get is variations of this full time model I reckon 

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

nick 

I agree. However if I had said that I would have been accused of deliberately trying to wind people up and being a troll. 

The man is a shrewd businessman. Would rather have him in charge than somebody who thinks we realistically should be top of the league with Orient and Salford. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Nick said:

nick 

What you have said is not controversial. Whilst he may not invest much if any of his own money, he is certainly extremely on the ball with the clubs money.

4 people like this

Want to buy some pegs Dave?

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

How can he be happy with the way things are going?Crowds are dropping ,one win in 13.Surely he can't be happy with that?

Happy the anticipated controlled losses were absorbed by an unexpected cup windfall.He can now lead us back to the north again debt free like he did before and like he did with the old club.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Very positive but I found it a slightly strange interview which has left me asking several questions.

DB said that we entered this season with a six figure deficit. I find this very worrying. He seems quite happy with the current state of affairs. Why? I do wonder if he's on some sort of cash windfall high and he's not looking at our current situation clearly enough but he does seem happy. He did mention players coming back into the squad and by this I think he means Tomlinson because he's the guy we are pinning out season on, accompanied by Kossy. 

There were two key issues he raised and that was that we will definitely stay full time and we are looking to add to the amount of training and probably the most important thing, as far as this season goes was there should be some brass to strengthen the squad. Although, DB's "money available to strengthen" and the current market value and wages of players will probably differ significantly.

He definitely seems happy with the way things are going and he seems happy with JF. Let's hope for a strong second half to the season. Fingers crossed.

How the hell is he happy with this club at the moment. Dwindling down the league and will be in the relegation spot in no time if he 1. Doesn’t sign a striker and midfielder 2. Keeps this dope in charge.

We have crowds dropping badly and just get anything between 1200-1400 where as a couple of season ago we were getting 1500-1900. 

1 league win in 13 games and the chairman is happy. :lol:

1 person likes this

Can't really remain full time in the national north though so we have to stay in this league to stay full time. 

Now a change has to happen eventually to keep the interest of the fans. We won't finish much higher than midtable and it's looking likely it will be lower than that. 

If we do stay in this league and remain full time. Next seasons season ticket prices won't be any cheaper and the say this season has gone you'll get many more people choosing to not get one and pay on the gate. Heck of we started next season with the same set up and manager id seriously be considering not getting one and this is a supporter who's had a season ticket for 25 of the 29 years Ive been alive. 

This whole situation concerns me especially if we are working at a loss 

2 people like this

The thing i find worrying is this 6 figure deficit has suddenly come to light, has the cup cash windfall simply plugged a huge hole, is this 6 figure sum purely costs from going full time or has something else contributed to it? 

All very quiet on DB on that front, and i hope  that this full time model is not going to costing the club that much a yearly basis, what happens when we dont end up earning close to 150k from the FA Cup, would DB still be getting plaudits then?  Where is the value in the money spent if them sorts of costs is mainly going full time?

Edited by wrighty130
1 person likes this

Just now, wrighty130 said:

The thing i find worrying is this 6 figure deficit has suddenly come to light, has the cup cash windfall simply plugged a huge hole, is this 6 figure sum purely costs from going full time or has something else contributed to it? 

Having just read the article I agree. There are points:

1) Is he being as sensible as we think i.e. creating a budget based on a 6 figure loss?

2) If, come the end of the season, there was a deficit, was he going to use his own money to plug the gap?

58 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

Want to buy some pegs Dave?

I have some pegs belonging to you 

3 people like this

Is the 6 figure deficit bridged with commercial revenue ? Or will we be holding a bucket night at Maggie's sometime soon ? 

17 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Is the 6 figure deficit bridged with commercial revenue ? Or will we be holding a bucket night at Maggie's sometime soon ? 

If I was him put the club up for sale at the end of the season and wait for a buyer who can financially help us and improve us. 

Ipswich owner has put the club up for sale and will only take offers from someone he can trust to help the club financially. 

Edited by TJAshton
1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

If I was him put the club up for sale at the end of the season and wait for a buyer who can financially help us and improve us. 

Ipswich owner has put the club up for sale and will only take offers from someone he can trust to help the club financially. 

It could be a long long wait! I don't know why anyone thinks there's a host of multi millionaires waiting to throw a fortune at Halifax Town? what would interest anyone taking over here unless it was life long fan?

Theres not really anything to sell anyway so they could just walk away if they so chose. 

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

It could be a long long wait! I don't know why anyone thinks there's a host of multi millionaires waiting to throw a fortune at Halifax Town? what would interest anyone taking over here unless it was life long fan?

Theres not really anything to sell anyway so they could just walk away if they so chose. 

Yeh for example, Dagenham, Gateshead Solihull. Honestly what would anyone see in them. Ffs we aren’t getting into this sort of “who’s gonna buy Halifax” sort of **** again are we. 

“who would want to manage Halifax”

“which strikers would wanna come to halifax” 

Of course there’s always people out there and I’m sure he would get a good offer from someone!! 

Edited by TJAshton
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Yeh for example, Dagenham, Gateshead Solihull. Honestly what would anyone see in them. Ffs we aren’t getting into this sort of “who’s gonna buy Halifax” sort of **** again are we. 

There will always be interest in buying a football club. The problem is separating the shysters from the honourable people.

20 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The dropping crowds says more about the fans. Fickle. 

You are a complete fool.Fans will return for a team that's winning football matches& entertains the public...

Just now, ashy1966 said:

You are a complete fool.Fans will return for a team that's winning football matches& entertains the public...

You are a fisherman's dream......:lol:

28 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The dropping crowds says more about the fans. Fickle. 

It says more about the admission price and then the current form of the team.

If you are a bloke with a partner or wife and you have two children you can all go to watch a film for 4 pence less than the bloke attending a home game. So much competition for your average person to spend his twenty pound.

I echo Bubba and Wright's concerns over the deficit coming into the season. We have had windfalls of over £1m in the last 7 years. At the same time, we have supposedly ran the club in a frugil manner. With this in mind why the hell do we have a six figure shortfall which hasn't been covered by the above mentioned windfall?

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Thank you for your kind words. I return every week despite us not winning football matches and not playing entertaining football. That’s what proper fans do.