Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Michael Collins situation

111 posts in this topic

Just now, ashy1966 said:

We could have had Akinde a few seasons ago.Aspin wanted him,the player wanted to come.Bosomworth knocked it back.That season he scored 30 goals for Barnet.This season we went after Connor Wilkinson with the same result.

What if the chairman knocked it back because the players were asking for way above the wage we are willing to pay? There always has to be a limit, unfortunately.

1 person likes this

Just now, ashy1966 said:

We could have had Akinde a few seasons ago.Aspin wanted him,the player wanted to come.Bosomworth knocked it back.That season he scored 30 goals for Barnet.This season we went after Connor Wilkinson with the same result.

Akinde gave backword to go full time at Barnet, As for Wilkinson I doubt it very much if Bosomworth blocked it. I woukd have thought it was more about wages and relocation costs 

1 person likes this

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Akinde gave backword to go full time at Barnet, As for Wilkinson I doubt it very much if Bosomworth blocked it. I woukd have thought it was more about wages and relocation costs 

It was down to wages. Just like this weeks midfielder DB also turned down. 

Just now, TJAshton said:

It was down to wages. Just like this weeks midfielder DB also turned down. 

So he didn't block the move then, the players demands didn't fall within our budget. Simple economics. Who was the midfielder? 

3 people like this

The manager knows his budget, he knows how much extra he has been allowed (if any) so it's his job to put a potential player in front of the chairman who falls into that budget. If the chairmam says to the manager you have 500 as week to spend on a weekly wage and he puts a player in front of the chairman who wants 700 and the chairman says no, he hasn't blocked the move has he? 

41 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Just think we could have had a midfield featuring Sinnott and Collins if Fullarton knew what he was doing 

So are you saying you want billy Heath back?

Edited by Shaymen0

19 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

So are you saying you want billy Heath back?

Where did I mention Heath in that post?

30 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The manager knows his budget, he knows how much extra he has been allowed (if any) so it's his job to put a potential player in front of the chairman who falls into that budget. If the chairmam says to the manager you have 500 as week to spend on a weekly wage and he puts a player in front of the chairman who wants 700 and the chairman says no, he hasn't blocked the move has he? 

Spot on. If we’ve been stupid enough to leave all recruitment to the manager and the first the chairman knows is when a player’s proposed contract is run by him, then God help us.

We have to run to a budget - if the manager is too stubborn or stupid to be able to work within it then he needs to leave.

4 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Thanks for the kind words. Some managers/boards etc want commitment from players. So after he ditched us last time could they be certain he wouldn’t do it again? Maybe they want stability. 

Yours 

Bellend 

Why say he is welcome back if things don't work out?

Seems the answer is simple, pay every player £5k per week and they'll all want to kiss the Halifax badge, they be queuing on the Skircoat Road to join us

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Where did I mention Heath in that post?

They were all in the same squad at one point.