Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Michael Collins situation

111 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Yes. However I wouldn’t have taken Duckworth back. 

It was too soon for both players and you are sending out the wrong message. 

You all keep bleating on about our players should show passion for the club yet you will let players come back willy nilly even though our club isn’t their first choice 

In the glue league days we might have been the first choice for players, but let's be honest, what sort of player looks at Halifax Town and thinks 'that's where I want to play as my first choice' when the opportunity to play for clubs like Wrexham and other similar clubs in our league, or even football league teams exist?

I'm almost certain we won't have been the first choice club for a couple of our current players.

Edited by Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lewis said:

In the glue league days we might have been the first choice for players, but let's be honest, what sort of player looks at Halifax Town and thinks 'that's where I want to play' when the opportunity to play for clubs like Wrexham and other similar clubs in our league, or even football league teams exist?

I'm almost certain we won't have been the first choice club for a couple of our current players.

And this is what I have been saying for a while. How can we compete with Leyton Orient Wrexham etc for players yet people like Hoddie EXPECT us to be up at the top of the table. 

All I am saying is I am not sure it sends out the correct message that we allow players to come back so soon after they left. 

And don’t forget. There is always more than one side to a story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing news, if DB had followed my advice at the beginning of this article Collins would have been our player now. JF has got his way so he better start getting some improved results otherwise there will be another six figure deficit in the finances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely bonkers decision to not sign him. He was one of the main reasons we stayed up last season and I genuinely believe it could have been the difference this season.

JF better have something up his sleeve by tomorrow (I doubt it) if not, he should go for me if we lose tomorrow. Extremely disappointed 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJS said:

Absolutely bonkers decision to not sign him. He was one of the main reasons we stayed up last season and I genuinely believe it could have been the difference this season.

JF better have something up his sleeve by tomorrow (I doubt it) if not, he should go for me if we lose tomorrow. Extremely disappointed 

Why don’t you ask him tomorrow about his efforts to sign any players? 

He isn’t on here to defend himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Why don’t you ask him tomorrow about his efforts to sign any players? 

He isn’t on here to defend himself. 

Don’t fancy wasting my day going to Dagenham just for that. It’s painful enough watching the home games at the moment. I was just about on the fence before this but this has made me lose my patience/faith in JF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Don’t fancy wasting my day going to Dagenham just for that. It’s painful enough watching the home games at the moment. I was just about on the fence before this but this has made me lose my patience/faith in JF

Don’t be saying “wasting my day going to Dagenham” you won’t be a “proper” supporter for not going to the game tomorrow .

Edited by TJAshton
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Don’t be saying “wasting my day going to Dagenham” you won’t be a “proper” supporter for not going to the game tomorrow .

Dear DB, 

Quite frankly I can’t be arsed paying to watch my team tomorrow because we aren’t winning or playing attractive football. 

However I expect you to dip into your pockets to go over budget to buy some more players. 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Don’t be saying “wasting my day going to Dagenham” you won’t be a “proper” supporter for not going to the game tomorrow .

In all seriousness, I struggle to make away games anyway as I work Saturday mornings. But even if I had a free schedule tomorrow I wouldn’t be going to Dagenham. 

No signs of change or improvement and worst of all a lack of passion and desire. I can accept players being poor but I can’t accept a lack of effort. Whether that is from the players or the manager to rectify his countless mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

What are the club playing at. Not bringing any other players to strengthen the squad. Pathetic !!!

The other side of the coin is should they give more funds to a manager with more of a miss than hit transfer success history.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Haha was waiting for that. Never wanted us to lose I just predict us to lose. I actually predicted a win against Dover as we did. The rest I’ve got right as it’s calleld being realistic mate something you need to try be. I get ur a positive boring human plodding along with the club and just comment on every persons post regarding being positive and happy but again I’ll say it I DONT THINK WE WILL WIN TOMORROW ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS :)

then its 1 league win in 14 games and he has to go.

Its already at 1 win in 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Wonder if he will leave Alfreton at the drop of a hat if a management job comes up? 

After he does, I wonder if the club will issue a statement saying that if things don't work out then the club would be happy to take him back.

What you do is take him on a 3 month rolling contract till the end of the season and then take it from there, but no, let him slip through our fingers and carry on with two ruddy centre halves in midfield. Shocking decision. This smacks of a manager that is scared to bring in a player who he sees as a possible threat to his job.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Erik Everhard said:

After he does, I wonder if the club will issue a statement saying that if things don't work out then the club would be happy to take him back.

What you do is take him on a 3 month rolling contract till the end of the season and then take it from there, but no, let him slip through our fingers and carry on with two ruddy centre halves in midfield. Shocking decision. This smacks of a manager that is scared to bring in a player who he sees as a possible threat to his job.

Have you asked JF how many players he’s tried to sign this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Have you asked JF how many players he’s tried to sign this week?

You say that like Fullarton is someone that can be easily contacted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lewis said:

You say that like Fullarton is someone that can be easily contacted 

He’s there every week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness to Fullarton if he is trying to bring players in & the chairman keeps knocking him back.What is he supposed to do?

Edited by ashy1966

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

And this is what I have been saying for a while. How can we compete with Leyton Orient Wrexham etc for players yet people like Hoddie EXPECT us to be up at the top of the table. 

All I am saying is I am not sure it sends out the correct message that we allow players to come back so soon after they left. 

And don’t forget. There is always more than one side to a story. 

With our board and wage restraints / budgets being tight I agree that teams like Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Salford and Flyde are way above us in being able to attract and sign players but if nearly every other full time club in this league and the one below can outbid us you have to ask the question was it right to go full time and lose the chance to keep / sign players who couldn't / don't want to play full time football. Some of these players are of a better quality that those we have signed, those that along with our manager will see us in the National North next season when they will all bugger off for pastures new. 

For those that maintain we need to be full time to show ambition and a better chance of reaching the football league need to realise this will never happen under our current BOD who despite lip service have no intention to help this to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

In fairness to Fullarton if he is trying to bring players in & the chairman keeps knocking him back.What is he supposed to do?

He should be doing better with whats at his disposal and if hes not interested in players like Collins you can't blame the BoD for doubting him. Thats of course if its even true that there stopping him making signings in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Have you asked JF how many players he’s tried to sign this week?

I can think of a player he should have tried to sign that he wasn't interested in who would have been EXACTLY the player we needed and would have fit in perfectly. 

I will hypothetically ask him why none of the signings he has hypothetically tried to sign have turned us down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Its already at 1 win in 14.

Makes it even worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks  like we continue to struggle with our centre backs playing centre mid,  poor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just think we could have had a midfield featuring Sinnott and Collins if Fullarton knew what he was doing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Dear DB, 

Quite frankly I can’t be arsed paying to watch my team tomorrow because we aren’t winning or playing attractive football. 

However I expect you to dip into your pockets to go over budget to buy some more players. 

 

Ah yes - I forgot that’s how it worked...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Just think we could have had a midfield featuring Sinnott and Collins if Fullarton knew what he was doing 

Let's see how a National league north side go on with that midfield. Watch out BPA at the top of the table 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, greygoose said:

He should be doing better with whats at his disposal and if hes not interested in players like Collins you can't blame the BoD for doubting him. Thats of course if its even true that there stopping him making signings in the first place.

We could have had Akinde a few seasons ago.Aspin wanted him,the player wanted to come.Bosomworth knocked it back.That season he scored 30 goals for Barnet.This season we went after Connor Wilkinson with the same result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0