Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Michael Collins situation

111 posts in this topic

If Michael Collins really wants to come back to the Club, then Mr B should sign him and tell Fullarton he has got to play him and if he does not like it he can clear off.Mr B is the Chairman and  100% owner of the Club and there are times when he may have to overrule the decision's of the manager. I can't think of anyone who would not welcome Collins back to the Club and if the manager is blocking this then he is a fool because it could save him his job.On the other hand if Collins has retired then come on here and tell us and put an end to all the speculation.

3 people like this

What do we need collins for when we have maher and staunton in there :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

No money for signings simple as that!

If that was true it would be unacceptable,fortunately it isn't.

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Has this escalated into a major incident yet ?

No just the usual blind pressure and pyramids of emotion.

Sounds a good idea. Bradford City themselves have had all their footballing decisions signed off or overruled by their chairman this season, and nothing bad's happening over there.

If, after all this, Collins did re-sign for us it's guaranteed he'd pick up a season-ending injury in his first game!

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, AndyStafford said:

If, after all this, Collins did re-sign for us it's guaranteed he'd pick up a season-ending injury in his first game!

Or be utter shite like Lenighan.

22 minutes ago, Angus said:

He’d be better than Lenighan if he had a peg leg, eye patch and a parrot on his shoulder 

:lol:

Funniest thing I've read on here for a while 

In a group chat with 1 of collins' best mates, asked him if he knows anything. Said mike asked to come back, manager not interested... so guess thats end of him coming back to us 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

If that was true it would be unacceptable,fortunately it isn't.

There is no money, The FA cup money is paying for shortfalls in income.

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

There is no money, The FA cup money is paying for shortfalls in income.

Keep up,we got outbid on a strikers wage last week.There's a difference between no money and paying £1500 a week.

2 people like this

Just now, eddies mate said:

Keep up,we got outbid on a strikers wage last week.There's a difference between no money and paying £1500 a week.

that's investment in some folks eyes :P

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

In a group chat with 1 of collins' best mates, asked him if he knows anything. Said mike asked to come back, manager not interested... so guess thats end of him coming back to us 

If true then it’s obvious that JF is shitting himself that Collins presence may mean the end of him because JF must realise that footballing wise Collins would be an asset to the team, and if he doesn’t then he is a way bigger clown than I already thought

2 people like this

It's crazy if we can afford him, he wants to come back, but the manager won't have him. I hope that's not true as he really will live or die by that decision. It's not like if we signed Collins suddenly we'd be an amazing side, but by not signing him the manager opens himself up to big criticism.

All rumour and conjecture though - who knows, he might sign tomorrow and be in the team Saturday. Stranger things have happened.

16 minutes ago, Grayski said:

If true then it’s obvious that JF is shitting himself that Collins presence may mean the end of him because JF must realise that footballing wise Collins would be an asset to the team, and if he doesn’t then he is a way bigger clown than I already thought

Why wouldn't JF want to sign Collins he is more likely to keep hold of his job with Collins in the team.

1 minute ago, ashy1966 said:

Need a lot more than Michael Collins in this side.

Totally agree while Collins is preferrable to the centre halves we have in midfield it's someone more effective higher up the field that's one of the main requirements.

Would be a sensible move for the club and player to offer him a pay per play deal, if he is not up to it or is knackered at least we wouldn't be in a Duckworth situation

I think Collins would walk into this team. HOWEVER, if JF has said no and doesn't want him then that has to be the end of the matter. I don't agree with his decision if its the one he has made but I don't feel it is right for anyone to force a player onto a manager that is not wanted by him. 

JF is on thin ice at the moment and needs to buck the current trend of results and performances, otherwise I can see a situation very soon where its in everyones best interest that he departs. Until that day however there should be no interference on players being brought in without his consent.