Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Salford

153 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

To be fair,i think Salford will be more focussed on league 2 than an FA Cup run.

They were utter sh!te until Lois Maynard came on-would love him back.

2 people like this

44 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Utter shite maybe, but they are flying high in the league and as we know have money to spend.

Lois maynard could certainly do a job for us.great player.

2 hours ago, eddies mate said:

Exactly what we need right now, but couldn't afford :(

4 people like this

2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Utter shite maybe, but they are flying high in the league and as we know have money to spend.

Lois maynard could certainly do a job for us.great player.

Let himself down badly during his last season with the club. 

15 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

In what way AFC? He scored 13 goals from midfield. Started scoring more when Boden's goals dried up in new year and after THAT GAME WHERE THE WHOLE DYNAMICS Of OUR CLUB CHANGED Wrexham at home in the Trophy 

Didn't he down tools as the season approached it's conclusion? 

1 person likes this

Oh gosh yeah he did. I'd half forgotten about the Barnet away performance that year it was that bad! What a contrast to literally a year before blowing them away 4-0 and Gregory getting his 100th Town goal :(

1 person likes this

Just now, Shaymen Stats said:

Oh gosh yeah he did. I'd half forgotten about the Barnet away performance that year it was that bad! What a contrast to literally a year before blowing them away 4-0 and Gregory getting his 100th Town goal :(

One of the worst performances from an Aspin team. Some of the players laughing as they left the pitch at full time 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

One of the worst performances from an Aspin team. Some of the players laughing as they left the pitch at full time 

Flea's highlights's of that game were legendary..:lol:

2 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

In what way AFC? He scored 13 goals from midfield. Started scoring more when Boden's goals dried up in new year and after THAT GAME WHERE THE WHOLE DYNAMICS Of OUR CLUB CHANGED Wrexham at home in the Trophy 

The day FCHT died. I didn't go to Wembley or any other game after that, because we were already dead.

1 person likes this

Signed another striker today, Matt Green ex Lincoln & Mansfield among others. Must be down to their last 6 strikers now 

On 22/11/2018, 13:30:22, AFC Halifax said:

I guess you read that on the forum rather than witnessed it first hand?

2 people like this

Wish we could get Redshaw on loan. 

Solihull signed another one today that would be good for us. Nathan Blissett, strong, fast and powerful would be good with Southwell. 

53 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Wish we could get Redshaw on loan. 

Solihull signed another one today that would be good for us. Nathan Blissett, strong, fast and powerful would be good with Southwell. 

Thought we needed a pacey, nippy striker who could get round the back and Southwell was not good enough :P

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Thought we needed a pacey, nippy striker who could get round the back and Southwell was not good enough :P

Let’s be honest. He loves Southwell so he’s not going to change. And we do need that. 

However Blissett would have been a good signing 

Maybe TJ but we were all happy when Dale signed and I'm sure he can provide the goals and with the right man to feed off who knows.

4 minutes ago, chadders said:

Maybe TJ but we were all happy when Dale signed and I'm sure he can provide the goals and with the right man to feed off who knows.

That’s why I said this Blissett would have been good with him. 

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

That’s why I said this Blissett would have been good with him. 

The player has to be right for the budget and I suspect Solihull offered him a better deal than we could.

24 minutes ago, chadders said:

The player has to be right for the budget and I suspect Solihull offered him a better deal than we could.

Every club can offer a better deal than us.Never known a football club struggle like we do to get players in.

2 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Every club can offer a better deal than us.Never known a football club struggle like we do to get players in.

Crowd under a thousand the other night. We aren’t what you would call a big club anymore. People need to be realistic about the pond we are fishing in.

37 minutes ago, TJAshton said:
6 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

It does seem that way at times mate but the majority of these clubs are offering unsustainable contracts and as we have recently seen with the winding up orders on Kiddy and Ebbsfleet it rarely ends well.

Did all the people demanding new players turn up on Tuesday to fund it...……….thought not.

4 people like this

53 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Did all the people demanding new players turn up on Tuesday to fund it...……….thought not.

Yes you’re right. An extra 200 people would have made us sign a striker we are in desperate need of you’re correct. 

Danny Cowley quoted as saying that the offer to Matt Green and his family from Salford was significant..............

Just hoist the white flag and shut the ****ing thing down