Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Live on TV....

63 posts in this topic

The winners of Shaymen v Morecambe replay live on BT Sport 12.30 on Saturday 1 December

23F69EDB-BD69-4F5C-A5D2-DB401F4F4A74.jpeg

Wow - I bet BT are sure hoping we win - Morecambe versus Wimbledon would be one hell of a terrible match for TV!

Great news for us, an extra carrot to get through. I assume the TV money will make up for the fact that Wimbledon fans really won't bother travelling now.

Edited by greg45
2 people like this

Yes wow-didn't see that coming BT sport obviously know their stuff.....:lol:

Don't Wimbledon usually get picked for TV?

1 person likes this

I’m staggered by that, given that Morecambe v. Wimbledon sounds a far worse prospect than, say, Billericay or Chesterfield v. Grimsby, Maidstone v. Oldham (though the latter were on at Hampton & Richmond), Walsall v. Sunderland, Rochdull v. Pompey or  Sutton/Slough v. Gillingham (or Hartlepool). They must have their fingers crossed we prevail.

My only thought on this is that they've picked it is that Wimbledon are former winners? 

I'm not grumbling but again it caps away support at no more than 2-300 but we'll get extra dosh from BT. 

Surprised as well, given that Wimbledon featured as a live game in round 1, although on BBC.

Do BT not remember the televised Chesterfield game?

3 people like this

Wimbledon are synonymous with the FA Cup. The plucky underdog who defeats the big time Charlie's. The Crazy Gang beating the Culture Club.

Tuesday's replay has now become a 110K match. 36K for wining the tie and 75K for TV money from the 2nd round game. 

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Tuesday's replay has now become a 110K match. 36K for wining the tie and 75K for TV money from the 2nd round game. 

About time Fullarton earned his corn........

1 person likes this

That's completion of Phase 2 at the training facilities, 3 new players and as many doctors as you can shake a stick at

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

My only thought on this is that they've picked it is that Wimbledon are former winners? 

I'm not grumbling but again it caps away support at no more than 2-300 but we'll get extra dosh from BT. 

Wimbledon are not well supported on their travels, i would think we were only looking at a maximum of 3-400 anyway.

40 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

With low away support, don't forget we should be able to avoid having to pay for a doctor!!!

53 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Think the Beeb pay near that amount, don't think BT Sports do

10 minutes ago, chadders said:

Think the Beeb pay near that amount, don't think BT Sports do

think they do, they pay a pittance for league games but won't have control over what they have to pay for the FA Cup - both BBC and BT will pay the same amount for a cup game I think

2 people like this

Next Tuesday night is the biggest game in the history of FC Halifax Town it could shape which direction this club is going to be heading hopefully upwards and onwards.

Edited by Forever a Shayman

Just now, steve lumb said:

think they do, they pay a pittance for league games but won't have control over what they have to pay for the FA Cup - both BBC and BT will pay the same amount for a cup game I think

Fair enough , I stand erected ££££££££££££££

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Next Tuesday night is the biggest game in the history of FC Halifax Town

Not sure I would go that far however looking forward to it, all the same

30 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Next Tuesday night is the biggest game in the history of FC Halifax Town it could shape which direction this club is going to be heading hopefully upwards and onwards.

Steady on! Your beginning to sound like that idiot away with the fairy’s chap...... me! :-) 

1 person likes this

We have to win against Morecambe first and they are going to be saying the same things as we are.

Regarding the replay I would put that at 60/40 in our favour. We have Kossy back which is a huge plus for us and its at home where we usually do better so I feel we are slight favourites. The bookies will probably say different though. Important game because the extra money could be used to offset the managed loss and to hopefully bring in a midfielder.

Can’t be a football related choice. Do they know the streaker doesn’t appear at every home game?

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Not sure I would go that far however looking forward to it, all the same

Potential money on offer TV game and if we can get to the 3rd will leave no excuses for buying players.

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Wimbledon are synonymous with the FA Cup. The plucky underdog who defeats the big time Charlie's. The Crazy Gang beating the Culture Club.

I really hope that’s ironic

7th beating 1st in the top division is hardly a giant killing at all, let alone the biggest one ever