Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Samnni Odelusi

23 posts in this topic

What  a different player he was against Morecambe.Brilliant. If he keeps playing like that I think we've actually found a decent player. Keep up samni !

Edited by SHAY man

looked decent but lacked confidence in the final third, when in and around goal seemed to panic and make wrong choices and / or give the ball away too easily, that said it was definatley an improvement and some confidence and he could certainly become a handful

1 hour ago, SHAY man said:

What  a different player he was against Morecambe.Brilliant. If he keeps playing like that I think we've actually found a decent player. Keep up samni !

Brilliant may be a tad over the top. Did ok but not anywhere near enough to warrant keeping Kosy out of the team. Shows how bad he has been if that was brilliant on Saturday 

JF was appointed on his ability to spot & improve young players, it may be down to injury circumstances but I have seen little of this up to press. Unlike a few on here I do think he has assembled a squad with potential so he is part way there. King is starting to drive midfield but we are desperately short of a leader upfront. Re Odilusi I really hope he is now beginning to click, possibly down to positional change, now for Macleod???

33 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

JF was appointed on his ability to spot & improve young players, it may be down to injury circumstances but I have seen little of this up to press. Unlike a few on here I do think he has assembled a squad with potential so he is part way there. King is starting to drive midfield but we are desperately short of a leader upfront. Re Odilusi I really hope he is now beginning to click, possibly down to positional change, now for Macleod???

Steady on RR.

Just hope Macleod has recovered from benchitus .

Just now, dj funky said:

Can't afford this scenario haven't the depth.Sort it out or get rid.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Can't afford this scenario haven't the depth.Sort it out or get rid.

Totally agree, something not plumb up, we don't need to know the detail but put it right or replace him. Little I have seen on him he appears to be at least a good impact player against tired legs.

Who are we going to put on the bench when we get rid of those that are currently in that vital role ?

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Who are we going to put on the bench when we get rid of those that are currently in that vital role ?

Seven dwarfs available on short term loan until proper pantomime season starts:blink:

35 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Is that gent in the loafers who stepped in to run the line in the Unibond still with us? Could cover for a number of roles. 

We need numbers but I suppose a youth team player could be just as useful not getting off the bench as McLeod not getting off the bench.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, SHAY man said:

He’s certainty taken his time to put in anything near what’s required and hasn’t been 100% fit at times....but by all accounts he was better on Saturday ... hopefully that gives him , and everyone else, some confidence. 

Oddy certainly used his height against the full back from long balls forward but when we had throw ins he hid behind the defender rather than look for the ball, a sure sign of lacking confidence. Just hope his confidence improves and we could see a much better player.

7 hours ago, SHAY man said:

BRILLIANT I'd give him 4 out of 10, which is an improvement on his normal 2 out of 10. People are over rating Saturday performance it was a dour game all round.

3 minutes ago, born to moan said:

BRILLIANT I'd give him 4 out of 10, which is an improvement on his normal 2 out of 10. People are over rating Saturday performance it was a dour game all round.

And we mustered just one shot on goal.

He was average at best on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Is that gent in the loafers who stepped in to run the line in the Unibond still with us? Could cover for a number of roles. 

or the gent that showed the turn of speed unencumbered by clothes vs Chesterfield? 

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

or the gent that showed the turn of speed unencumbered by clothes vs Chesterfield? 

Both excellent options 

It’s the difference between full time footballers and part timers. For us previously we had the best or the upwardly mobile of the part timers. Because their career was on the up they were generally confident. Now we have some full timers from the bottom of the pile, ones that have been rejected and failed at their previous club(s). A poor run of performances or results affects individual confidence more so than as a part timer, who is generally under less pressure to succeed in his football career as he has another to fall back on.

Lack of confidence is obvious in players not playing first time passes, hesitating to pick out a pass, not showing for the ball when a team mate needs a pass and not shooting.

Odelusi has his problems in this, that is obvious. He is not on his own.

11 hours ago, dj funky said:

He played in the county cup, but didnt even take a penalty. Did anyone see his performance?

7 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

He played in the county cup, but didnt even take a penalty. Did anyone see his performance?

McCloud did take a penalty and scored it.

2 people like this

14 hours ago, shaymenRup said:

He was ok, tricky, very quick but final ball not great. Certainly no reason why he shouldn't be given a chance to impact a game against tired legs. 

1 person likes this