Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great Game

26 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

What a great game of football at Morecambe today!!! Our boys did us proud to a man. And I'm bloody positive Edwards wasn't off side when he netted in the 89th minute. It would be hard to pick our man of the match cos as I say they were all excellent, they were everything that they haven't been for ages. But if I had to pick a player then it would have to be Cameron King, closely followed by Brown & Clark. Well done boys, I was proud to have my shirt on today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Moody B!

15 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

What a great game of football at Morecambe today!!! Our boys did us proud to a man. And I'm bloody positive Edwards wasn't off side when he netted in the 89th minute. It would be hard to pick our man of the match cos as I say they were all excellent, they were everything that they haven't been for ages. But if I had to pick a player then it would have to be Cameron King, closely followed by Brown & Clark. Well done boys, I was proud to have my shirt on today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this does a lot for confidence ..... everybodies :)

2 people like this

I can't agree that it was a great game. If you were watching it as a neutral then it was horrific. Both sides were very poor.

That said, I can't fault the effort from our players. They all put a shift in today and not a single player deserves to be pulled up for a poor performance. Even Odelusi had a good game. 

The call on the goal is the correct one for me. 

Edited by Flea
1 person likes this

Wasn’t a great game but wasn’t horrific either.

Great effort by the team, everyone played their part in a team effort. Only disappointment was we didn’t score, but Morecambe can feel the same. Morecambes no 9 a real handful and could be the difference in the replay, also Leitch-Smith a quality act.

Kings best game playing the no 10 role, we at least looked capable of launching an attack particularly in the 2 nd half. King more effective than Southwell in that role, but Southwell not much better in the no 9 role but needs a run to see how he does.

9 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Wasn’t a great game but wasn’t horrific either.

Great effort by the team, everyone played their part in a team effort. Only disappointment was we didn’t score, but Morecambe can feel the same. Morecambes no 9 a real handful and could be the difference in the replay, also Leitch-Smith a quality act.

Kings best game playing the no 10 role, we at least looked capable of launching an attack particularly in the 2 nd half. King more effective than Southwell in that role, but Southwell not much better in the no 9 role but needs a run to see how he does.

Improved since we had him on loan but he would only have been about 18.

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Improved since we had him on loan but he would only have been about 18.

Majority of his career in League One and decent number of goals too. He and the centre forward would transform our side. Morecambes budget probably £500k higher than ours, so unlikely to happen.

23 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Majority of his career in League One and decent number of goals too. He and the centre forward would transform our side. Morecambes budget probably £500k higher than ours, so unlikely to happen.

Thats what I cannot understand RoR our team is only a couple of signings off from being a good team but will not invest which seems strange as we invested in going FT (model).

If the Whitby 10,000 or Wembley 6,000 had of bought season tickets then we could of had that sort of budget.:P

9 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

If the Whitby 10,000 or Wembley 6,000 had of bought season tickets then we could of had that sort of budget.:P

I think the days of 6,000 a game at the Shay are long gone, unfortunately.:(

15 hours ago, Flea said:

I can't agree that it was a great game. If you were watching it as a neutral then it was horrific. Both sides were very poor.

That said, I can't fault the effort from our players. They all put a shift in today and not a single player deserves to be pulled up for a poor performance. Even Odelusi had a good game. 

The call on the goal is the correct one for me. 

I watched it as a neutral and found it reasonably entertaining.

There wasn’t much quality on show, but both sides had opportunities to win it, both had dominant spells, and both looked capable of making mistakes at any moment.

2 hours ago, chadders said:

For the first time in  while the passion and comittment of the fantastic Shay following was matched by the players on the pitch. Best showing for ages and that's all we ask of the team. Yes we were a bit shot shy and lacking confidence in the final third but what a difference goals and that first win will make both on and off the pitch.

STID

Bang on the money

2 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Wembley 6,000?

There were over 13,000 Town fans at Wembley.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, chadders said:

For the first time in  while the passion and comittment of the fantastic Shay following was matched by the players on the pitch. Best showing for ages and that's all we ask of the team. Yes we were a bit shot shy and lacking confidence in the final third but what a difference goals and that first win will make both on and off the pitch.

STID

For the first time since Wrexham away on Tuesday 4th September.

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Wembley 6,000?

There were 1,600 town fans at Wembley. And 11,000 of the we were there crew. 6,000 of them even managed to punch directions to the shay into there sat navs for the Chorley game. Short of that none of them have been seen since 

Just now, Greggs said:

There were 1,600 town fans at Wembley. And 11,000 of the we were there crew. 6,000 of them even managed to punch directions to the shay into there sat navs for the Chorley game. Short of that none of them have been seen since 

Town fans in the waiting if the BOD stop playing with their plonkers.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Wembley 6,000?

I know there was more than 6,000 at Wembley but not sure how many more. Then I was deducting the regular supporters, the ones that actually go down the Shay to see the Shaymen. Sorry my estimation was a little way out.

Sorry but not as happy as a lot on here. This full time Town team is nowhere near as good as part time teams we've had in recent past. Good job Morecambe didn't have decent strikers or we would have been buried. What's the crack with Lenighan is he injured now, is he going. Only 4 subs Saturday it's not good. Am I over moaning or anyone agree.

1 person likes this

Still evident we have no midfield whatsoever except for King. Staunton and Maher play far too deep so might as well be CB's, when they got on ball they're too negative and don't go forward enough. Team is just too unbalanced, too many players out of position. We've got a winger in McLeod on bench but played Sellars as left winger and he was awful Saturday. Although I still think we deserved something from the game, it just showed how poor Morecambe actually are.

Edited by shaymanjoe
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, shaymanjoe said:

Staunton and Maher play far too deep so might as well be CB's, 

They are CB's, thats the problem. 

39 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Sorry but not as happy as a lot on here. This full time Town team is nowhere near as good as part time teams we've had in recent past. Good job Morecambe didn't have decent strikers or we would have been buried. What's the crack with Lenighan is he injured now, is he going. Only 4 subs Saturday it's not good. Am I over moaning or anyone agree.

Happy with the way we played and how it panned out on Saturday in isolation but in general you are correct.

Lenighan was injured allegedly but he's leaving this week so why would either we or him want to travel anyway ?

2 hours ago, shaymanjoe said:

Still evident we have no midfield whatsoever except for King. Staunton and Maher play far too deep so might as well be CB's, when they got on ball they're too negative and don't go forward enough.

Maher could have won it had he placed his shot either side of the keeper on Saturday when up linking with the attack. Staunton was slaughtered on here for missing from six yards v. Eastleigh. Despite that, we, clearly, do need to get more goals from midfielders as well as strikers.

21 hours ago, Flea said:

They are CB's, thats the problem. 

Exactly team is far too unbalanced.