Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lenighan leaving Town.

64 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

You really don't have a clue do you....leaving it there as you're not a fan and don't attend matches...

EM, folk like you will moan regardless so yeah...let's leave it there

28 minutes ago, Scot said:

Eddies Mate ....this is a message board and you can type what you like but phrases like 'fraud' in my opinion are poor and not required.

This is a guy who's been in football , coaching and management his whole life and to throw away phrases like that is poor form....but you're entitled to your opinion

I assume you didn't go down to Harveys last night and let him know how you feel?

Coaching maybe Scot but management???  Give it a rest.  He's had two management jobs and made a cat's ar$e out of both of them 

Edited by Spud
2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Scot said:

EM, folk like you will moan regardless so yeah...let's leave it there

Unfortunately I wanted JF to do well but feel the term fraud quite apt at the moment 

2 people like this

He's probably our worst signing of all time. A violent misogynist from three leagues below. Nowhere up to standard in any regard. Even footballers worse than him don't make the blood run cold like that. And a pivotal signing in turning us from early title prospects to relegation battlers struggling against glue league opposition. It was abject enough having him play for a single half in an Aspin side, but if the club doesn't learn big lessons from this fiasco then what's the point?

3 people like this

43 minutes ago, Spud said:

Coaching maybe Scot but management???  Give it a rest.  He's had two management jobs and made a cat's ar$e out of both of them 

12 games at Notts ? Ffs man give me a break ? 

And he’s 16th with a team he kept up  and won August manager of the month.

Things are poor just now yes, but to say ‘cats arse’ just puts in you in the ‘never happy’ category 

He will be gone at some point and you can do the same again shortly with the next guy like a lot on here ....quiet when it’s good and hugely active when it’s not so good 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Scot said:

Things are poor just now yes, but to say ‘cats arse’ just puts in you in the ‘never happy’ category 

He will be gone at some point and you can do the same again shortly with the next guy like a lot on here ....quiet when it’s good and hugely active when it’s not so good 

You were the one who implied he had been in football management "his whole life" 

12 games at Notts and 20 or so at Halifax suggests that is not a life spent in management. 

A life in football yes, coaching yes probably, but management...?

Playing football and coaching kids is completely different from management as many an ex-player has found.

I'm not in the 'never happy' category as you put it and I was really hopeful that JF would do well for us but I think you're the one who needs to give posters on here a break Scot by continually bigging up a man who is so clearly out of his depth.

2 minutes ago, Spud said:

You were the one who implied he had been in football management "his whole life" 

12 games at Notts and 20 or so at Halifax suggests that is not a life spent in management. 

A life in football yes, coaching yes probably, but management...?

Playing football and coaching kids is completely different from management as many an ex-player has found.

I'm not in the 'never happy' category as you put it and I was really hopeful that JF would do well for us but I think you're the one who needs to give posters on here a break Scot by continually bigging up a man who is so clearly out of his depth.

Spud , at least read my post ?

I said football , coaching AND management 

Just now, Scot said:

Spud , at least read my post ?

I said football , coaching AND management 

I accept that. And my point was that although he was obviously a decent player, don't know anything about his coaching career so cant comment, his brief career in 'management' has been pretty disastrous 

At the next home game Kit should put buckets behind turnstiles so we can all put something in for him. What are you putting in ?

9 minutes ago, born to moan said:

At the next home game Kit should put buckets behind turnstiles so we can all put something in for him. What are you putting in ?

Simone de Beauvoir - The Second Sex

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

David Cameron was in politics his entire life and was a definite fraud.

And amazingly was replaced by someone even worse in May. I've never seen anyone look more uncomfortable in EVERYTHING she does. 

Hope we can find a reasonable centre half to fill his position. 

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Hope we can find a reasonable centre half to fill his position. 

:lol:     Centre halves in midfield...it just doesn't work does it unless you sign fecking Bonnucci.....

25 minutes ago, Spud said:

I accept that. And my point was that although he was obviously a decent player, don't know anything about his coaching career so cant comment, his brief career in 'management' has been pretty disastrous 

He was a decent player , workman like ( his words not mine) but played in the top leagues in France , England, and Scotland (not like todays Scottish game).

Disastrous? I still find it really bizarre that fans think this is 'Disastrous'...god only knows what it'd be like if they were Chesterfield fans ...with their backing ....THATS a disastrous start

people have made comment about getting the best P/T players rather than some of the second or third choice F/T players and I think there is absolute merit in that opinion but its 3 months into a new approach at the club with limited funds and yet folk are still thinking 'disaster'

It still stands up that scrutiny that no manager gets every signing right and no group of fans will agree on who is good ...and sometimes even that changes from week to week.

Some like Maher , some don't , some praise Staunton some don't, some like Preston some don't  ...its opinions  

But when push comes to shove , some fans have a chance to actually ask the manager face to face away from football and they don't take it ...they'd much rather moan on here (and I'm not talking specifically about you)

1 hour ago, Scot said:

If JF got rid and they had 3 on the bench then they'd moan about that too!

I'd moan if we only named 3 or 4 subs but had 2 or 3 players who we could have used but the manager decided against it to try and prove some point.

1 hour ago, Scot said:

He was a decent player , workman like ( his words not mine) but played in the top leagues in France , England, and Scotland (not like todays Scottish game).

Disastrous? I still find it really bizarre that fans think this is 'Disastrous'...god only knows what it'd be like if they were Chesterfield fans ...with their backing ....THATS a disastrous start

people have made comment about getting the best P/T players rather than some of the second or third choice F/T players and I think there is absolute merit in that opinion but its 3 months into a new approach at the club with limited funds and yet folk are still thinking 'disaster'

It still stands up that scrutiny that no manager gets every signing right and no group of fans will agree on who is good ...and sometimes even that changes from week to week.

Some like Maher , some don't , some praise Staunton some don't, some like Preston some don't  ...its opinions  

But when push comes to shove , some fans have a chance to actually ask the manager face to face away from football and they don't take it ...they'd much rather moan on here (and I'm not talking specifically about you)

In itself the league position isn't disastrous (yet) Leaving aside his time at Notts County, what is really annoying fans has been done to death on here, but namely:

Signing too many below par players

Playing a proven goalscorer out of position

Persisting with duds

One dimensional tactics

Refusal to change things / substitutions 

Talking shite

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Spud said:

In itself the league position isn't disastrous (yet) Leaving aside his time at Notts County, what is really annoying fans has been done to death on here, but namely:

Persisting with duds

One dimensional tactics

Talking shite

Small tip of big iceberg.....

15 minutes ago, Spud said:

Persisting with duds

One dimensional tactics

Talking shite

Talking about Heath or Fullarton? 

1 person likes this

Just now, Greggs said:

Talking about Heath or Fullarton? 

They are the same thing.

Just now, chrisbo61 said:

They are the same thing.

Funny thing is most on here couldn't see those traits in Heath yet they spotted it immediately with Fullarton. 

If we win on Saturday, I grant Fullarton full permission to do this to us:

3.jpg

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Funny thing is most on here couldn't see those traits in Heath yet they spotted it immediately with Fullarton. 

Heath was a better manager and deserved credit for what he had achieved the season before, which is why many didn't turn on him, he was what he was and didn't try talk himself up. His football was poor and he was more about effort than skill, even when we were winning the knives were always being sharpened by some awaiting the next defeat. It was right he got the bullet when he did but the fact is he left the club in a better place than he found it and had a promotion to his name so fair play.

I didn't turn on Aspin or Heath but i just find it hard to back JF, people will say he saved us last season but did he really? 5 points clear of relegation when he came in + the inevitable new manager bounce was enough to get us safe. Don't get me wrong there were some good results along the way but i can think of a few horror shows (Fylde away) as well. There were signs last season of his inability to utilise a squad, the 4 games in 8 days where he named pretty much the same 11 in all was a concern. The consistently playing Conor Thomson when it was clear he was out of his depth was another concern. Most of this was brushed aside as the end the result was that we were safe from the drop and we were happy.

JF has lots of self belief, he must do to make some of the comments he does but who was really fooled by the opening 5/6 games? Did anyone ever believe we were watching a good side? Well organised and good at set pieces was all i saw but in open play it was no better than what Heath served up, infact considering were now FT pound for pound its worse.

Edited by greygoose
3 people like this

3 hours ago, Scot said:

When things are good there is nothing to complain about.Fact of life.

17 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

When things are good there is nothing to complain about.Fact of life.

Couldn’t agree more 

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Once bitten,twice shy!