Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Harvey's

53 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Flea said:

He was totally fine, friendly and approchable. Ive spoken with him four times now to my knowledge, twice for a considerable amount of time. 

Good , I think maybe more should take the opportunity 

at the end of the day , it’s only ever about results and JF knows that but I still feel this is yet another opportunity missed for fans to actually chat to the manager and have an adult conversation with him.. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t dodge questions

1 hour ago, Flea said:

He was totally fine, friendly and approchable. Ive spoken with him four times now to my knowledge, twice for a considerable amount of time. 

Sounds like you taught him all he knows :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

I saw him at Leeds/ Bradford airport! No socks.

Ok might be a nice guy but we support the Shaymen and its nice to see our team win once in a while and for the record i'm a nice guy but he gets a lot more money than my pension pays,just hope the nice guy gets the points when we play Dover but never mind we can always bob down to the Shay and have a mince pie and pull a cracker with JF and all is well as we head down to Conf North.

4 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Ok might be a nice guy but we support the Shaymen and its nice to see our team win once in a while and for the record i'm a nice guy but he gets a lot more money than my pension pays,just hope the nice guy gets the points when we play Dover but never mind we can always bob down to the Shay and have a mince pie and pull a cracker with JF and all is well as we head down to Conf North.

Its an interesting one really.

There are too many people/stories going round about how he isn't that nice, is rude to players/staff/volunteers etc... that you do think "no smoke without fire", yet every time I have spoken to him he has been more than pleasant enough. 

I will always say it how it is, be it positive or negative and the truth is, from my own personal experience with JF, I can not fault him at all. I know that does go at odds against the majority of others however. 

Ultimately however, nice or not, it is a results business and he is now getting into the period where he needs to be getting them. 

7 hours ago, dj funky said:

Don’t worry. We’ve got the FA Cup FA Trophy and West Riding Cup to win 

12 hours ago, Scot said:

Good , I think maybe more should take the opportunity 

at the end of the day , it’s only ever about results and JF knows that but I still feel this is yet another opportunity missed for fans to actually chat to the manager and have an adult conversation with him.. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t dodge questions

Who cares if he is a nice guy He can be a right miserable b****** for me.As long as he gets wins for the side.Which at the moment looks a million miles away.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Who cares if he is a nice guy He can be a right miserable b****** for me.As long as he gets wins for the side.Which at the moment looks a million miles away.

I feel your frustration, I, like you thought at the end of last season we had what looked like a good new manager, sadly due to a few circumstances, injuries etc we seem to have a below average manager that dosent seem to know what to do with the players he has.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I feel your frustration, I, like you thought at the end of last season we had what looked like a good new manager, sadly due to a few circumstances, injuries etc we seem to have a below average manager that dosent seem to know what to do with the players he has.

Thought same but when you recap the flaws were already there...Hanley,Connor Thompson...(omg).......Fylde away...the performance and particularly the nonsense team selection at Torquay.The shambolic treatment of Tom Denton...

Edited by eddies mate
1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

The last miserable bastard we had (Wilder) did alright! :)

49 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Exactly my point ashy ..no one cares about any of this ..  until the team lose then it’s all brought up 

Just now, Scot said:

Exactly my point ashy ..no one cares about any of this ..  until the team lose then it’s all brought up 

With respect Scot, its not just about losing! team selection, seemingly the inability or reluctance to make changes(subs) are all factors as to why people are disgruntled. Add to that the lack of post match interviews, none of that is helping.

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

With respect Scot, its not just about losing! team selection, seemingly the inability or reluctance to make changes(subs) are all factors as to why people are disgruntled. Add to that the lack of post match interviews, none of that is helping.

Lack of post match interviews ? He missed one in about 33 games man :doh:

The subs thing only he can answer but two of the guys currently on the bench no one wants anyway and mcleod clearly hasn’t worked out for whatever reason hence why he gets no game time I would imagine.

id disagree about the ‘losing’ bit.... you only need to gauge the activity when they win... a lot of posters one here are very quiet and then , even during a game, when things aren’t going well ? This board lights up like a Christmas tree 

it’s about winning .... if you win , no one gives a monkeys 

not necessarily you but some on here appear to revel in negativity 

11 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

I saw him at Leeds/ Bradford airport! No socks.

That it. I was on the fence before, but he's got to go.

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

That it. I was on the fence before, but he's got to go.

For no socks alone, and suede mocassins!

Just now, chrisbo61 said:

For no socks alone, and suede mocassins!

I'll give him benefit of the doubt and assume somebody stole his proper footwear.

4 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I'll give him benefit of the doubt and assume somebody stole his proper footwear.

And the arms of his coat.....

4 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

And the arms of his coat.....

If you need me, I'll be in my panic room.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Pliny Harris said:

If you need me, I'll be in my panic room.

Don't forget the safe word in there is 'gilet'.

13 hours ago, dj funky said:

Its not about being a 'nice guy'. Its about fans taking the opportunity to ask him in person exactly the things they post on here.

At least that way they might get some context to what's happening at the club rather than some of the rumours posted up on the forum.

You will still get extreme reactions from some but at least fans would be better informed if they actually conversed with the manager when the opportunity arises

..Think your right so the next event will put into my very busy diary all the way from Blackpool that's if Jamie would grant me an apt He does not have to tell every fan on this forum what he is doing and why because its obvious. its never his fault,think it will be oz who gets the blame next.

5 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Were Aspin and Heath cheerful ? 

Sure I once remember Lord Aspin crack a smile.:D

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Sure I once remember Lord Aspin crack a smile.:D

I forget who we were playing but he got a crack, midweek game somebody tell me who it was please.

Edited by born to moan