Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Morecambe

420 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Why can't we have proper midfielders in there?Instead of converted centre backs.

I agree

None available that fits our system in any UK league.

I've a feeling we will get a draw Saturday, if we do when will replay be and can Kosylo play in replay ?

9 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I've a feeling we will get a draw Saturday, if we do when will replay be and can Kosylo play in replay ?

10 days and yes.

Being FA cup, will we get a decent following (obviously not like '98) ?

I doubt there will be need for a kick off delay this time.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

500 ish 

Good turn out considering the run were on! 

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

500 ish 

300 tops

200 topless ? Can be a bit parky in Morecambe at this time of year

1 person likes this

the drivers  at northern rail are on strike so that could affect turnout -i would have gone by train, but not now -wouldnt mind but they've been on a go slow for the last ten years .........what does a rail worker do when he retires ?-------the same as always 

3 hours ago, park drive stand said:

the drivers  at northern rail are on strike so that could affect turnout -i would have gone by train, but not now -wouldnt mind but they've been on a go slow for the last ten years .........what does a rail worker do when he retires ?-------the same as always 

Transpennine from Huddersfield will get you to Lancaster

4 hours ago, shaykehands said:

Transpennine from Huddersfield will get you to Lancaster

Is that the 8-28

22 hours ago, park drive stand said:

It’s actually guards who are on strike, myself included, for very good reasons.

But you’re right about drivers, lazy b@stards to a man!

2 people like this

On 04/11/2018, 20:41:03, AFC Halifax said:

Tends to be the case when you are still in it 

Haven't lost an FA Cup tie in over a year, show some positivity! :lol:

I have a feeling that Morecambe will create loads of chances but not put many away, and score two. We will also create a few, but not as many as them and we won't score. I am at the same stage confidence wise as the relegation season when we had 3 managers. I just can't see what's going on and it seems like JF is just hanging in there until he gets the sack. He's had bad luck with injuries but he's not up to the job I'm afraid and we need to cut our losses as soon as possible and get someone in who can keep us up.

UTS. 

1 person likes this

On 09/11/2018, 12:09:15, chadders said:

300 tops

think positive young man

Just now, vinnyweknuts said:

think positive young man

Wow, what a turn out and well done for the support I'm sure the squad appreciated it.

1 person likes this

If we still only have the same squad available for Tuesday (Sellers in for Skarz as banned) based on todays game re Dover & having 6 defenders on all game, I would change it up a bit & give Morecambe something to think about, or we will get stuffed.

3 Centre Backs Matty B, Clarke & Maher.

1 holding Staunton

2 wing backs who can cross a good ball in Sellers & Hanson

2 attacking midfield King & Preston

2 up top Southwell & Kosylo

must get Kosy more involved where he can hurt them, wasted out wide.

It was noticeable, that a few minutes before he scored he moved to the inside forward roll.

5 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

If we still only have the same squad available for Tuesday (Sellers in for Skarz as banned) based on todays game re Dover & having 6 defenders on all game, I would change it up a bit & give Morecambe something to think about, or we will get stuffed.

3 Centre Backs Matty B, Clarke & Maher.

1 holding Staunton

2 wing backs who can cross a good ball in Sellers & Hanson

2 attacking midfield King & Preston

2 up top Southwell & Kosylo

must get Kosy more involved where he can hurt them, wasted out wide.

It was noticeable, that a few minutes before he scored he moved to the inside forward roll.

Kosy isn't a clever enough footballer to be played in the middle of the pitch. Keep him wide where the space is and let him exploit that. That's where all his good work has come from during his time at the club. 

Just now, AFC Halifax said:

Kosy isn't a clever enough footballer to be played in the middle of the pitch. Keep him wide where the space is and let him exploit that. That's where all his good work has come from during his time at the club. 

Quiet a few have said similar. I don't think that is correct. Playing out wide gets him into too much of a battle with his markers, hence his poor disciplinary record. Play him nearer the penalty area, which will reduce the physical ability of his marker to foul him & allow him to create better chances. That is his best attribute, in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Macam blue said:

Quiet a few have said similar. I don't think that is correct. Playing out wide gets him into too much of a battle with his markers, hence his poor disciplinary record. Play him nearer the penalty area, which will reduce the physical ability of his marker to foul him & allow him to create better chances. That is his best attribute, in my opinion. 

It's all a matter of opinion, but I am sure we agree that he is our only creative option at the moment, sadly! 

12 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

When Heath put him in the middle he was very effective 

1 minute ago, AFC Halifax said:

It's all a matter of opinion, but I am sure we agree that he is our only creative option at the moment, sadly! 

of course it is AFC, that's why we are on here (not insulting each others for differing opinions)

But ask yourself this.

Who of our current squad would cause the most concerns to a Morecambe defence?

Who of our current squad has the best Goals per minutes played this season, despite not playing as a forward?

We need to get at em or we wont win.