Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Todays Game - Eastleigh

142 posts in this topic

Just now, Granty said:

After 33 years watching Town this was one of the most frustrating. A rubbish match played by 2 rubbish teams with zero quality on show. I was bored watching that today and I don’t think I have ever said that before about been at a live football match.

It's been boring most of the season. The south stand was like a morgue today, I've said numerous times this season leaving that the performance if very scripted from our behalf there's nothing off the cuff.  Couple of examples. Throw down the line to Edwards never works but we all know we will do it every time. Quick kick out from Johnson. Never works but we still try it. Just feels very very mechanical every week 

3 people like this

There is one way to solve the problem of boring football and that is to get rid of Fullarton !!!

Edited by SHAY man
2 people like this

For all Billy Heaths failings all his times had spirit and passion. 

4 people like this

1 minute ago, SHAY man said:

There is one way to solve the problem of boring football and that is to get rid of Fullarton !!!

Nah, I can think of a few other ways. What if the goalposts were on wheels that went up and down the touchline, or if three teams played on a triangular pitch against each other, or if you let loose a bear to speed things up in the final few minutes?

5 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

This team reminds me of the one that got relegated in ‘93

1 person likes this

We are so poor going forward, It’s hard to see where our next win is coming from? 

worrying thing is these players can play football as shown at the start of the season. The question has to be what the hell is Fullarton doing with them in training for them to now look like they have never seen a football in there lives?

3 people like this

3 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

A break in play today, the Eastleigh team all over bybtye dugout speaking with the coaching staff, our players stood in pairs or alone on the pitch doing **** all. Sums up exactly where we are. No team spirit, no passion. Just a group going through the motions 

Spotted that too. Their coaching staff were giving instruction and encouragement. Fullarton, hands stuffed firmly in his pockets, mumbled some stuff out of the side of his mouth to his number 2 and that was it. I heard a few people shouting for him to 'talk to his team'. He didn't. A sign of a deeper malaise behind the scenes? Hope not but it would explain the lack of effort and passion from a lot of the players. And the frustration that's evident from others. I got the impression that Kosylo's overdoing it at times, his wanting that extra touch and seeming like he wants to walk it into the net is born of a fear that, if he plays the quick ball, the recipient will do f*** all with it. It's like he's little if any confidence in a lot of those around him.
Hanson was superb today. And once again King showed that he can buy time on the ball and rarely wastes a pass. Begs the question why its taken months and injuries to others for Fullarton to give him a game.
Can't see them getting anything from Tuesday but the big test will be Havant. Particularly if they're out of the FA Cup by then.

Edited by 154 Hopper Avenue
4 people like this

Right, I’ve tried to calm down over the last few hours ( and had a Guinness)) but my measured opinion is that this afternoon was the worst performance I’ve seen put in by a Halifax Town in my forty-odd years of following the Shaymen.

Totally and utterly unacceptable. On that performance alone, Fullerton should be relived of his  duties. No desire, no postive purpose and no direction. There is no way that this guy should be in charge come Monday. A complete fraud and charleton. He’s suckered in most of us. Talk about a false prophet. If no-one down there can be arsed, I don’t think I can either after that debacle.

1 person likes this

Having had time to reflect for a few hours I will now give my opinion.

I thought in the first 45 mins we were the better of the two sides, however both were really poor. Yet again we are powderpuff up front and Edwards is simply not good enough. 

I thought that Eastleigh were absolutely horrific for the full 90 mins and they scored off their only chance of the game. The problem is, the moment they scored you could see this gutless side give up. Not an ounce of effort or passion to get back into the game and it was obvious we were not going to score and the game was up. 

Two things then summed us up after the goal. Edwards through on goal, one on one with the keeper and failing to even get a shot off, then Odelusi yet again getting on the pitch. 

I really don't want to be getting on the managers back or seeing a return to the OUT chants that we saw directed at Heath for huge periods of his reign, but the last two months has simply been horrific and the most worrying thing is the players look to have given up. They don't look like they care or are able to turn a performance in. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Janis said:

The board dont take and take there is nothing to take ,plus nobody  would be daft enough to be on the board ,be carefull even they will get fedup of all the personal abuse and go,what would you all dothen because your plan b wouldnt work either,at least they are business people who im afraid do know what they are doing,the manager looks as if he can talk the talk thats how he as got the job,but l dont think he is good enough and a lot of his players arnt either,or the tacktics are wrong,as long as we dont go down ,after 60 years of following town i still coulnt stop going, ps ,not too many insults please for the replys

Not going to insult you it’s your opinion which I have no problem with at all. But I will politely disagree. The reason being which other people have already stated is everything is a chore with this board. They make everything so difficult. They put the prices up to £20 due to us going full time but we aren’t properly full time. We only train 3 times a week. Fans are getting ripped off watching this rubbish at the moment. I honestly don’t agree in sacking managers as soon as a bad run of form happens but because it’s happened for the last couple of managers and it did with Darren Kelly I feel serious questions need to be asked of the board. They say going full time is what the fans wanted which to a certain extent it is but then they are charging us all for it and for what!? Out of all the players he has brought in I can’t say anyone has particularly stood out more than what a part time player would do. I just feel a change is required. They do run it like a business which due to our past is a sensible idea but we will never move forward under this board and that is my honest feeling.

48 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Nah, I can think of a few other ways. What if the goalposts were on wheels that went up and down the touchline, or if three teams played on a triangular pitch against each other, or if you let loose a bear to speed things up in the final few minutes?

Half time multi ball. With fire eaters And giraffes. Get my vote.

4 minutes ago, FCHT1993 said:

Not going to insult you it’s your opinion which I have no problem with at all. But I will politely disagree. The reason being which other people have already stated is everything is a chore with this board. They make everything so difficult. They put the prices up to £20 due to us going full time but we aren’t properly full time. We only train 3 times a week. Fans are getting ripped off watching this rubbish at the moment. I honestly don’t agree in sacking managers as soon as a bad run of form happens but because it’s happened for the last couple of managers and it did with Darren Kelly I feel serious questions need to be asked of the board. They say going full time is what the fans wanted which to a certain extent it is but then they are charging us all for it and for what!? Out of all the players he has brought in I can’t say anyone has particularly stood out more than what a part time player would do. I just feel a change is required. They do run it like a business which due to our past is a sensible idea but we will never move forward under this board and that is my honest feeling.

Unfortunately I have run out of likes but I agree 100%.

14 minutes ago, Tony Flower said:

And for the club to organise more streakers (in the process respecting equal gender representation). 

16 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Unfortunately I have run out of likes but I agree 100%.

Can’t say I disagree however sellars and king have come from leagues below and acquitted themselves quite well, presumably because they have moved up and to full time their wages will be lower than established conference players so to speak. 

I do feel that the under the current board we may be resigned to this level in the short term however I wouldn’t want someone coming in, investing a load, then leaving us in the **** when it doesn’t go to plan. Then we are left with players on big contracts who we can get rid of and as such go bust again and go through it all again. 

3 hours ago, AFC Halifax said:

Time and again last season I warned that this would be the devil we didn't know.

1 person likes this

The thing that concerns me the most is some so called fans on here choosing not to go down to support their team. Whatever happened to Shaymen til I die? 

2 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The thing that concerns me the most is some so called fans on here choosing not to go down to support their team. Whatever happened to Shaymen til I die? 

We've all died inside watching the shite being sold up by the conman Fullarton, Darren Kelly in a sleeveless anorak.

2 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Get a decent home draw in the Cup and the plastics will be back in droves.

13 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Fullash*t has refused to do an interview

Another slap in the face to everyone that went to the game, he should just front up and say exactly what that performance was today.

But he looked even more devoid of any ideas than any of the  players did on the pitch. No subs bar a enforced on, and just about stood arms folded, mouth shut for 90 mins. As mentioned that break in play, perfect time to get them together and try get them going, nothing from the manager or anybody in fact. 

10 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

And for the club to organise more streakers (in the process respecting equal gender representation). 

Thought they had sorted it by the comments on here it, sounds like there were 6 tits & 3 fanny's on the pitch yesterday.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

It's a results business, we've seen through your power point about positive thinking

10 hours ago, Tony Flower said:

Half time version of the Bill Hicks show, "Let's hunt and kill Billy Ray Cyrus"

Dreadful match again but its no surprise given the personnell and tactics once more. As with last season a poor summer recruit in key areas is costing us.

Id love to know what the thinking is leaving Southwell 10 yards behind Edwards when chasing the game? A decision like that is nothing to to with bad luck or injuries is plain bad management.

We move on in hope things Will turn around because as fans thsts what we do. Unfortunately the man in charge seems to stand and hope as well, the guy might as well pick his team at 2pm and go home.

4 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Whatever happened to Shaymen til I die? 

I’m here ! And yes I went to the game unfortunately.