On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2018‎ ‎08‎:‎31‎:‎22, Nick said:

So back to bubbas original question 

any volunteers to take over the running of the trust 

bubba can you explain what that would mean doing 

how many people need 

what are the rules etc

Nick 

Good on you Nick.

Asking the right questions. Lets not fritter away all the good work done by the Trust in the past by giving a few freebees. Needs to let our younger fans with a bit of nouse & ability, totake over the baton, for when our current BOD decide to call it a day.

Done correctly this could mount to a good foundation for our club in a few years, that many (including me) would be happy to contribute to, if properly safeguarded.

On 01/11/2018, 15:51:22, last_chance_saloon said:

What sort of time commitment would it require?

As little or as much as people wanted to give. A relaunched Trust could well play a vital role for the club in the future, albeit at present with the current owners, at very much arms length. But who knows; with new people involved a better relationship could be formed with the BOD as those currently involved are unfairly tainted by the Plan A vs Plan B (and not just with the owners of the club).

Every club should have a supporters' trust. An organisation which is willing to ask the awkward questions but also be a force for good and promote the club in the community.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

Every club should have a supporters' trust. An organisation which is willing to ask the awkward questions but also be a force for good and promote the club in the community.

This. I totally agree with

Now, maybe is time for people that want to get involved and take the trust forward to do just that. Some of the ideas that keep getting brought up on this forum about things that can be done to make the club more high profile in the community and try and increase gates and long-term support are very good ideas. Maybe fresh blood and new faces on the trust could manage to sit down with the current board and discuss these initiatives? I do agree that the trust should be kept alive if people are prepared to do just that. 

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Now, maybe is time for people that want to get involved and take the trust forward to do just that. Some of the ideas that keep getting brought up on this forum about things that can be done to make the club more high profile in the community and try and increase gates and long-term support are very good ideas. Maybe fresh blood and new faces on the trust could manage to sit down with the current board and discuss these initiatives? I do agree that the trust should be kept alive if people are prepared to do just that. 

Exactly my thoughts as well. There must be a good cross section of supporters who could contribute different skills & build on the past good work of the Trust. Perhaps on reflection some present Trust members could be persuaded to stay on for at least the immediate, to see it has some continuity?

Also a few of the current members of the Supporters Club who will have a good insight of how the Club operates & contacts who could help?

Come on Gals & Guys grasp the nettle

I have had contact from someone who is interested in potentially ensuring the Trust continues but obviously he cant do it himself. Is there anyone else interested? 

From the 2009 AGM report:

Building a winning team is of course the job of the manager and I am sure everyone wishes Neil Aspin the best of luck. Success off the field is a responsibility shared by us all – from boardroom level down to the supporters on the terraces – and it is essential that we all unite as one.

The clubs owners do continue to let themselves down badly in this regard. Their continued show of ignorance towards the Trust leaves a bitter taste not only in the mouths of those on the Society Board but also many of our members. We are not different from the other supporters of the club; we want exactly the same thing – success. Yet we continue to hit a brick wall when it comes to communicating with the clubs owners.

Earlier in the summer we were told that our help in organising the Open Day was not welcome even though we had absolutely no interest in taking any share of the profits. Our four-figure sum offer for a page in the matchday was rejected and to top it off, we have been banned from doing any form of sponsorship with the club.

It simply contradicts the owners’ continued appeal for everyone to work together. Inexcusably Mr Bosomworth has done his best to retain a divide which has existed from last summer by reneging on a number of promises and attempting to push the HTST out of sight, and out of mind. Whilst the Chairman and his fellow directors see no place for the Trust at FC Halifax Town, this is of course not their decision to make.

The football club is an institution made up of the local community so whilst they may own, control and even dictate what happens to FC Halifax Town as a company, they do not and won’t ever be able to control FC Halifax Town as an institution.

HTST will exist much longer than their ownership of the town’s football club. As an organisation we will continue to be vigilant and have the courage of our convictions to speak openly and frankly when we hold concerns over how the club is operating.

I guess the BoD won after all?

And people say that the club isn't their plaything.

6 hours ago, Bubba said:

I have had contact from someone who is interested in potentially ensuring the Trust continues but obviously he cant do it himself. Is there anyone else interested? 

Bubba.

Have you & the existing members of the Trust considered handing out a flyer to fans on entry to a match, explaining what the trust stands for & does & the reasons why it requires new leadership? I know of many fans who never/very rarely visit this forum, who may be interested in some involvement.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018‎ ‎17‎:‎40‎:‎14, Hoddie said:

From the 2009 AGM report:

Building a winning team is of course the job of the manager and I am sure everyone wishes Neil Aspin the best of luck. Success off the field is a responsibility shared by us all – from boardroom level down to the supporters on the terraces – and it is essential that we all unite as one.

The clubs owners do continue to let themselves down badly in this regard. Their continued show of ignorance towards the Trust leaves a bitter taste not only in the mouths of those on the Society Board but also many of our members. We are not different from the other supporters of the club; we want exactly the same thing – success. Yet we continue to hit a brick wall when it comes to communicating with the clubs owners.

Earlier in the summer we were told that our help in organising the Open Day was not welcome even though we had absolutely no interest in taking any share of the profits. Our four-figure sum offer for a page in the matchday was rejected and to top it off, we have been banned from doing any form of sponsorship with the club.

It simply contradicts the owners’ continued appeal for everyone to work together. Inexcusably Mr Bosomworth has done his best to retain a divide which has existed from last summer by reneging on a number of promises and attempting to push the HTST out of sight, and out of mind. Whilst the Chairman and his fellow directors see no place for the Trust at FC Halifax Town, this is of course not their decision to make.

The football club is an institution made up of the local community so whilst they may own, control and even dictate what happens to FC Halifax Town as a company, they do not and won’t ever be able to control FC Halifax Town as an institution.

HTST will exist much longer than their ownership of the town’s football club. As an organisation we will continue to be vigilant and have the courage of our convictions to speak openly and frankly when we hold concerns over how the club is operating.

I guess the BoD won after all?

Inexcusable Golf Club arrogance to the terrace fodder

1 person likes this

The absolute worst thing was being barred from doing any kind of sponsorship - the season before they/the club begged the Trust to sponsor match after match, with them being unable or unwilling to find anyone else. The Trust also kept paying the CVA payments at their request (at 5k per go). But, even though they themselves told the Evening Courier that it was now up to the supporters to re-launch the club (this, after they fubar'd with their second CVA plan), they still froze the Trust out for doing everything exactly as they asked. Bossomworth may come across as a decent bloke, but he's a two-faced, honourless **** for saying one thing and doing another, not just once either, and no-one will ever convince me otherwise. Like most folk with a fair wedge, I suppose.

I think it was the Administrators who told the Courier that now was probably the time for a new, supporter owned club.

I received a phone call later that evening from Trust Chair at the time, Pam Burton, telling me that she had spoken to DB and he had said that they had no interest about forming a new club. Pam had previously been dead against being involved in forming a new club with both Pam and Roger Bottomley saying they didnt have the energy for any such thing. But in this phone call Pam was fully energised about ensuring a football existed in one form or another.

However, at the meeting the Trust held at the Shay on the following Sunday afternoon, it became clear the consortium were still umming and ahing given how it was hijacked by people who turned up with no intention of supporting any supporter formed club.

The best was former director Richard Harrison, himself a life long supporter, who had been on the board made up mainly of supporters, who said it would be impossible for the supporters to form a club.

Indeed it was the administrators. Acting on behalf of 'the consortium' one presumes, given the whole charade was orchestrated by them.

Richard Harrison, don't know a lot about him if I'm honest, but I do recall he said at that meeting that the supporters would need such a lot of cash to even launch a club, that it simply wouldn't be possible. When asked how much cash, he took an age to think of an answer and then blurted out something ridiculous like £40k, said in such a manner as though he'd just betrayed the meaning of life! The fact that the Trust had sent more than £100k in the direction of the club and/or the administrator during the previous 12 months didn't seem to register with him.

The BoD were still hesitating right to the death and only decided to push ahead when the Unibond issued a 4pm ultimatum (and they acted only in the last hour). People forget this, had they chosen that late stage to walk away, Plan B was all we were left with. 

Must have been really sad for you guys after all the work you put in but after reading this some of our fans just might see the real Bosomworth,whats that song behind the painted smile.

56 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Must have been really sad for you guys after all the work you put in but after reading this some of our fans just might see the real Bosomworth,whats that song behind the painted smile.

You should also remember that you could have far worse and until I win Euromillions you'll not do any better :P

You would put your money into Bradford City that's the rumour I heard still more chance of finding Elvis alive.

2 hours ago, dj funky said:

DJ , can only concur that this situation was manipulated by Mr B and his cronies and that their actions are shameful

On 08/11/2018, 23:21:47, dj funky said:

You would put your money into Bradford City that's the rumour I heard still more chance of finding Elvis alive.

Elvis played up Arden Road last Friday. You telling us that Elvis isn't real? 

Would loved to have seen the king in action at 83,could have presented him with the 300 megamix of all his hits I've been working on for the last year.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, dj funky said:

Would loved to have seen the king in action at 83,could have presented him with the 300 megamix of all his hits I've been working on for the last year.

I saw Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry on the same bill. Jerry still had it but Chuck sounded like he was going through the motions. 

Saw Jerry and Chuck at the Mecca Bradford and Jerry was not interested but Chuck was brilliant.

has everyone forgot that Elvis once did the half time entertainment at the Shay -if he wasn't the King himself hes the best impersonator

i've ever seen 

8 hours ago, park drive stand said:

has everyone forgot that Elvis once did the half time entertainment at the Shay -if he wasn't the King himself hes the best impersonator

i've ever seen 

We’ve seen a few football impersonators over the years!

1 person likes this

I was Elvis with all the Vegas gear for my 60 birthday gig and its hard work when you go round the girls snogging trying to sing Love Me Tender.

20 hours ago, dj funky said:

I was Elvis with all the Vegas gear for my 60 birthday gig and its hard work when you go round the girls snogging trying to sing Love Me Tender.

Tough gig DJ but somebody had to do it!

1 person likes this