Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Simon lenighen

21 posts in this topic

It was initially set to expire after this Saturday's game against Chesterfield. 

I’m understood to believe that if the contract is extended the moral high grounders plan to burn an effigy of him in protest. 

2 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I’m understood to believe that if the contract is extended the moral high grounders plan to burn an effigy of him in protest. 

Which, according to some, would be much worse than what he subjected his victims to. 

4 people like this

Was better than Berrett in the game I saw. Not saying much, however getting rid of SL is not the sole answer to our problems.

Funny ever thought that's the manager who tells the midfield to play like that so might not be the players fault .

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Funny ever thought that's the manager who tells the midfield to play like that so might not be the players fault .

What, tells them not to tackle or pass forwards and to avoid the ball for at least 60 mins each game? If they are his explicit tactics we really do need to be worried!

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, greg45 said:

What, tells them not to tackle or pass forwards and to avoid the ball for at least 60 mins each game? If they are his explicit tactics we really do need to be worried!

As a midfielder himself you'd think he'd know how to set up a midfield and be able to spot the relevant attributes.Lenigan/Berrett and a duo of reserve centre halves, feck sake yes, we do need to worry....

Been worried from the start of the season along with away days but everybody seemed to think JR would take us to the promised land,on the way back to the car keep talking to a Notts County fan who is working in Halifax for six months and what  he thinks and fans of JF's time at Notts County I dare not print on here.

49 minutes ago, greg45 said:

I seem to recall what it was like to have dependable midfielders. They were often berated at the time, but seeing Pearson, not even his natural position, intervene with a crunching tackle, worrying every player who came within 20 yards, then have Maynard control the tempo, keep the ball and turn the run of play around, makes today's situation feel tragic. They even had a good idea of what to do of they found themselves a little further upfield.

In that great 2013/14 season, again one where the same antagonists made it out that they were our darkest days, there were weak spots in the side. A vacancy in CB after Ainge went, a vacancy on one wing, a revolving #9... but even though I'd have Brown/Clarke take that CB role, possibly Johnson in nets, a current right winger and Hanson in RB, without any responsible CMs as we're currently seeing, it doesn't amount to much.

That part time squad class of 2013 would wipe the floor with this current shower of full-time misfits

4 people like this

Just now, eddies mate said:

That part time squad class of 2013 would wipe the floor with this current shower of full-time misfits

Even with Gregs' chocolate wrist at play. Bring a proper midfield on and watch the destruction.

It's OK. Chesterfield are worse than Town, so after we scrape a 1-0 victory, there'll be loads on here saying we've turned a corner.

9 hours ago, greg45 said:

Was better than Berrett in the game I saw. Not saying much, however getting rid of SL is not the sole answer to our problems.

Don't think Berretts current role suits his style of play, would hope he'd be happier in a proper balanced midfield

5 hours ago, Shaymus said:

It's OK. Chesterfield are worse than Town, so after we scrape a 1-0 victory, there'll be loads on here saying we've turned a corner.

We're a long way off turning the corner, winning our home games is almost essential

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Don't think Berretts current role suits his style of play, would hope he'd be happier in a proper balanced midfield

What sort of player is he? The only time I've noticed him is on the teamsheet. 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

What sort of player is he? The only time I've noticed him is on the teamsheet. 

Not got a clue but he probably needs a clear role rather than running around like an headless chicken chasing long gone shadows

1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

With it being Mental Health Day yesterday let’s hope the lad doesn’t read the forum

Oh yeah, what if Lenighan weren't fit to wear the shirt, that'd be awful.

I hope we are on the look out for someone better. If he goes then that's his wage saved. I'm wondering if we are paying the lad from Scunny's wages? Anyway, he goes back, and we are paying him, that's another wage saved. Then we should be looking at Berrett. Is he on a season long contract or what? Not sure. If we can bring one central, holding midfielder in, even if he's at the top of our wage structure then let's do it. We just need to stick King in the number ten role and put Southwell up top. We will have a couple of forwards on the bench, a defender to cover a keeper and a midfielder/defender.

Lenighan has been a real idiot in the past. An absolute a###hole. He has to Knuckle down and prove he's a changed man and I hope for his child and partners sake, and for his own that he does it and he does deserve the opportunity to do it. However, he isn't a good enough footballer to play for our club. We should be looking for a player with much better ability than this guy. I know players aren't cheap but there are loads of football league clubs that have holdng midfielders that must be better than him. Time for JF to change this around now. JF has had awful luck losing Tomlinson they way he did. Then the other short term injuries at the same time too. If you're a good manager then you take this in your stride. You don't settle for anything other than the standard set by others. If it takes a month or two then fair enough but after Saturdays game (I had hoped it would have been sooner to allow a new player to find his feet and train with the squad) we should have e a new midfielder on board.

Edited by Erik Everhard
2 people like this